Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Little Dick Planet - HAHA CHECK OUT WHAT MY LEVEL LOOKS LIKE HAHA XD

Balikruxh
It hurts!

Member 16242

Level 2.38

Nov 2006

Old Mar 12, 2007, 01:51 PM #1 of 220
Little Dick Planet - HAHA CHECK OUT WHAT MY LEVEL LOOKS LIKE HAHA XD

I have to say that this game makes me love my choice of buying a PS3 that much more. It may not have that big name title like FFXIII, MGS4, or Assassin's Creed but it does own that new and fresh idea concept.

The concept itself is easy to understand, make and play levels through an editting array and physics cool looking physics engine. Then play other games created by people across the (http://youtube.com/watch?v=8ZY2vwlh5-g) Playstation 3 Home network or the in game network provided. I can't give too much detail about the game itself at the moment since it will be released in Q1 of 2008, but so far that's the gist of it.

Aside from the creativity and customization I just think this is going to be a hell of a fun game to play solo but shine with Co-Op play. The trailers for it can be found at (http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=4491)

I hope to get more information on this soon since I really do want this game just off the two demonstration trailers alone.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
"If a baby is shot from a catapult into a forest and hits a tree while noone is around to hear, is it still funny?"

-Yes I will take your answer anytime-
Spike
Good Chocobo

Member 642

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2007, 06:15 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2007, 04:15 PM #2 of 220
I saw this game from a clip of Phil Harrison's keynote at GDC and I was really impressed. This might be one of the key titles that convinces me to buy a PS3 (I wasn't impressed with Home as much as everyone else was). I love how you can publish your game and you can see how many plays it has gotten and it gets ranked and can get comments and all that good community stuff. I might just have to buy a PS3 by the end of the year.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2007, 11:59 PM #3 of 220
From the title I thought this was going to be something like Twinsen's Odyssey 3, but this is pretty cool. It reminds me of a much much much better version of the ActiveWorlds client for the PC. There are obviously the weirdos that are going to exploit this just as badly as the internet, pretending to be different genders, typing weird phrases, etc. but the arcade machines seem to be a very intriguing part of it, as well as the mass customization. It would be refreshing to finally see such a large amount of variance amongst avatars. This has slightly rekindled interest in the PS3 for me. Not yet enough to warrant the price though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
BurningRanger
...was there

Member 4377

Level 19.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2007, 01:52 AM 1 1 #4 of 220
I have no idea why everyone's so excited about this. It looks like a platformer with physics, and the ability to create new levels.

So, it's multiplayer sidescrolling Garry's Mod.

This sounds like it'd get REAL boring after a week of shitty internet-nerd-made levels.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Pokemon Diamond: 1547 1670 1982
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2007, 02:08 AM #5 of 220
just look at trackmania, the concept is somewhat the same, you create your own track and then you share it online where everyone can play it. If I'm not mistaken, trackmania is still pretty popular...

sure now it's not cars racing, but the concept is still there... platformer are pretty popular(hell the biggest named in the video world is a platformer hint he's a plumber) so I really think that this game will be pretty popular. Not to say that the possibility is infinite, so there's hell of a lot to do with those kind of concept.

on another not I love the graphic style, I can,t wait just to create my little creature and personalized it and create all sort of crazy stage ^^

I was speaking idiomatically.
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2007, 07:11 AM #6 of 220
I don't know about the rest of the population but I know that myself and a bunch of friends like to just sit around and mess around with stuff a lot of time and don't always like having to do complicated things while chatting. Hell a lot of the time we just sit at our 360s and play UNO for like three hours while chatting. Don't know about you, but this is a LOT better then playing UNO.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
BurningRanger
...was there

Member 4377

Level 19.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2007, 10:04 AM #7 of 220
Yeah, I guess I can kind of hear you there.

The thing that's a huge drag though, is that it remains to be seen how much of the customization will be gratis. I mean, if the game debuts at $20 and then the rest is microtransactions, that sounds reasonable. But if they're gonna put this game out for $60 and then you have to pay for all the content... that just ain't right.

FELIPE NO

Pokemon Diamond: 1547 1670 1982
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2007, 03:43 PM #8 of 220
Pretty much the concept idea is to release it on PSN in fall for like $20 with no levels and after a few months they'll make a hard-copy version to sell in retail with like the 100 top rated levels bundled with the game on the disc for like $40 or something.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Jul 22, 2007, 03:15 PM Local time: Jul 22, 2007, 09:15 PM #9 of 220
The HOME trailer is indicating that it's gonna be possible to play Little Big Planet online with other HOME fellows. That's awesome!!

Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2007, 04:24 PM Local time: Jul 22, 2007, 11:24 PM #10 of 220
The HOME trailer is indicating that it's gonna be possible to play Little Big Planet online with other HOME fellows. That's awesome!!
Wait, shouldn't it be possible to play any online multiplayer game from HOME? Didn't Phil Harrison launch a game of Motorstorm right from within a HOME lobby during the E3 presentation?

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Jul 23, 2007, 07:36 AM Local time: Jul 23, 2007, 01:36 PM #11 of 220
Wait, shouldn't it be possible to play any online multiplayer game from HOME? Didn't Phil Harrison launch a game of Motorstorm right from within a HOME lobby during the E3 presentation?
Well that would be awesome. And it sounds logical. But well, LBP was the only game they presented in the HOME trailer, so that's where my post comes from.

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2007, 10:50 PM #12 of 220
Actually they showed them launching Heavenly Sword from HOME at the press conference too, and it doesn't even have MP gameplay.

Zefier
Breaktime

Member 7533

Level 14.42

May 2006

Old Jul 25, 2007, 02:09 PM #13 of 220
Well, HOME is kind of built around that PS button. I mean, if it didn't do these things I don't think I'd bother with it.

How ya doing, buddy?
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2007, 09:47 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2007, 09:47 PM #14 of 220
Enemies & Bosses Confirmed
Quote:
"It's funny -- I don't think we actually mentioned this previously, but yes, we will certainly have enemies in the game; I think that's a fundamental part of good gameplay," said Wilson. "They will range from little robots that simply roam from left to right to spectacularly complex beasts that pose quite a challenge. We've recently built this big, huge giant, and, as with other objects in the game, he's composed entirely of materials that you wouldn't expect. He's quite intimidating, and shows the possibility of what designers can create."
Well, that made the appeal of the game certainly go up. TGS couldn't come any sooner.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2008, 07:20 AM Local time: Aug 6, 2008, 12:20 PM #15 of 220
Giving this one a kick up the backside, since they've now announced some of the pre-order goodness you'll get over in the States:

PlayStation.Blog » LittleBigPlanet: Pre-order Goodness

The Kratos and Nariko Sackboys look absolutely excellent. I'm now hoping they announce what we're likely to get here in the UK and Europe soon.

FELIPE NO
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2008, 08:40 AM #16 of 220
oh snap nariko!
I wasn't going to pre-order it because I thought "it'll be there when it gets released" but this looks like a small but good enough reason to do so.
Although given the small reputation that sony has with having screwy updates and just fucking things up this year, I kinda get hesitant about getting this upon release since it might come up to "this is too good to be true....(Hops to online which has crashed it's servers)

New Record!
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2008, 05:35 PM #17 of 220
Giving this one a kick up the backside, since they've now announced some of the pre-order goodness you'll get over in the States:

PlayStation.Blog » LittleBigPlanet: Pre-order Goodness

The Kratos and Nariko Sackboys look absolutely excellent. I'm now hoping they announce what we're likely to get here in the UK and Europe soon.
How many strings do you think I'm going to have to pull to get all of the preorder bonuses?

Also, they're supposedly "working on" making real Sackboys. I'd pay any amount of money for one.

God, this is my most anticipated game in years.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2008, 05:39 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2008, 10:39 PM #18 of 220
I've seen rumours that there's potentially real Sackboys being considered/made. I think someone asked one of the Media Molecule guys and they hinted that it's being looked at as a possibility. But yes, if there's a special edition with real Sackboy I'm fucking there.

Edge-online has a really good article on LBP at the moment, which talks about some of the tools for creating stuff and it sounds fantastic. The fact you can, and they have, made a simple computer just using their Popit system is fucking amazing. Can't wait for this game to drop.

Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2008, 05:49 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2008, 06:49 AM #19 of 220
I'm just wondering; I know you can create your own levels and such, but can you create or customize your own Sackboy?

Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2008, 05:51 PM #20 of 220
No one cares about Nureko or Kratas.

Can I get Nathan Drake.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2008, 05:58 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2008, 05:58 PM #21 of 220
Yes, I'm actually about to prop Megalith.

[prop]Megalith for requesting a Nate Drake sackboy.[/prop]

World has ended. Hell is quite chilly.

I'd like to see Ratchet, Clank, Jak, Daxter and Sly all thrown in there too. Sony's platforming stars should all be a part of LBP.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2008, 06:03 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2008, 11:03 PM #22 of 220
I'd like to see Ratchet, Clank, Jak, Daxter and Sly all thrown in there too. Sony's platforming stars should all be a part of LBP.
You're assuming they're not.

I think it may have been in an issue of Edge, but I've seen LBP sketches for Sackboys that included versions that were based on everything from Mario to Snake and Cybory Ninja (from MGS) to a whole. How many of those will make it into the final thing, who knows, but I'd imagine ones based on Sony properties are quite likely.

Scarlet: You will be able to yes. I believe you'll be able to pick things like a base Sackboy then costume bits and accessories to customise the Sackboy. These pre-order bonus things appear to be slightly more detailed all in one costumes, and do like quite cool.

Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2008, 06:08 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2008, 07:08 AM #23 of 220
I'm definitely getting this pre-order (over Fable2/GoW2 since I might not get my 360 so soon) if possible where I am. It's a confirmed sale for me if they included actual Sackboys (plushies, not hard models).

I'm liking the Kratos Sackboy, nice details on the blades too.

FELIPE NO
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2008, 06:12 PM #24 of 220
I'm definitely getting this pre-order (over Fable2/GoW2 since I might not get my 360 so soon) if possible where I am. It's a confirmed sale for me if they included actual Sackboys (plushies, not hard models).

I'm liking the Kratos Sackboy, nice details on the blades too.
Yeah this is a first day purchase. I want to preorder but I'm not sure if it's worth it yet, with the rumor of a real Sackboy. I probably will when I get back to school since it comes out when I'm there and not here.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2008, 06:42 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2008, 06:42 PM #25 of 220
You're assuming they're not.

I think it may have been in an issue of Edge, but I've seen LBP sketches for Sackboys that included versions that were based on everything from Mario to Snake and Cybory Ninja (from MGS) to a whole. How many of those will make it into the final thing, who knows, but I'd imagine ones based on Sony properties are quite likely.
I read in an issue of play magazine about the high potential for infringement in LBP -- stuff like creating an advertisement out of an entire level, or making sackboys like Mario, Link and the like, and even just using big blank walls to write obscene things about other games.

Sony's working pretty hard to ensure that stuff like Mario-esque sackboys don't happen, if only to prevent Nintendo (and others who might get infringed upon) from throwing their arms up at LittleBigPlanet.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Little Dick Planet - HAHA CHECK OUT WHAT MY LEVEL LOOKS LIKE HAHA XD