Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Avatar: The Legend of Korra for 2011

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2010, 03:02 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2010, 12:02 PM 1 1 #1 of 9
Avatar: The Legend of Korra for 2011

Source:
racebending: Avatar: The Legend of Korra... 2011!

Quote:
Nickelodeon has announced a new series from the creators of cartoon epic “Avatar: The Last Airbender.”

The new show from Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko has the working title of “The Legend of Korra” and will premiere on Nickelodeon in 2011.

The world of “Avatar: The Last Airbender” is one in which there are four nations–Air, Water, Earth and Fire–each with “benders” capable of controlling the elements. In the first series, a young airbender named Aang is revealed to be the Avatar, someone capable of manipulating all four elements, and prophesied to help save the world. “Avatar: The Last Airbender” debuted on Nickelodeon in 2005 and aired for three seasons.

Nickelodeon said in a release that “The Legend of Korra takes place 70 years after the events of ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’ and follows the adventures of the Avatar after Aang – a passionate, rebellious, and fearless teenaged girl from the Southern Water Tribe named Korra.”

With three of the four elements under her belt (Earth, Water, and Fire), Korra seeks to master the final element, Air. Her quest leads her to the epicenter of the modern "Avatar" world, Republic City – a metropolis that is fueled by steampunk technology. It is a virtual melting pot where benders and non-benders from all nations live and thrive. However, Korra discovers that Republic City is plagued by crime as well as a growing anti-bending revolution that threatens to rip it apart. Under the tutelage of Aang's son, Tenzin, Korra begins her airbending training while dealing with the dangers at large.
'Avatar: The Last Airbender': Nickelodeon Greenlights TV Spinoff 'The Legend of Korra' - Speakeasy - WSJ

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-98925659.html

Quote:
Nickelodeon sets `Last Airbender' sequel for 2011

LOS ANGELES — A sequel to Nickelodeon's "Avatar: The Last Airbender" is in the works.

The channel said Wednesday the new animated TV series will premiere in 2011. It has the working title, "The Legend of Korra."

Nickelodeon says the series will build on the "mythology" of the original "The Last Airbender" series, which inspired this summer's live-action movie from filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan.

The "Legend of Korra" is from the creator-producers of "Avatar: The Last Airbender."

Nickelodeon executive Brown Johnson says the new series will focus on a teenage girl avatar named Korra. Brown describes her as hotheaded, independent and "ready to take on the world."

"Avatar: The Last Airbender" has ranked among the highest-rate series on the Nickelodeon and Nicktoons channels.
The Associated Press: Nickelodeon sets `Last Airbender' sequel for 2011

This piece of news really rejuvenated me regarding the series, especially after that horrible live action movie.

Hopefully Comic Con will have a trailer of some sorts.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2010, 03:41 PM #2 of 9
I'm a little surprised that Nickelodeon is going for a second series considering the shit treatment they gave Avatar's final season. With any luck it'll be good, though I'm not getting my hopes up. I was perfectly happy with how the first series ended.

Everyone is now white to correspond with Shyamalan's vision.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2010, 06:25 AM Local time: Jul 22, 2010, 07:25 PM #3 of 9
70 years have passed, eh? I'm bummed to discover that Avatar Aang died at the relatively young age of 65 (predecessor Kyoshi died at age 230, while Roku died prematurely at 70).

Math: Korra has to be at least 16 years old - when all Avatars are informed of their heritage, by the time the series start. 70 - 16 + 13 (Aang's age at end of last series) = 65.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:35 AM #4 of 9
Oh, I believe I should make Cartoon and comic tags or something cuz even if this is the closest thing this side of Boondocks to anime it still well it hurrrrr no not anime.

Only thing western I'd remotely consider anime would be Ōban Star-Racers. After that would possibly be Wakfu and that's pushing it.

Anyway I only caught a little of Avatar and it seemed alright. It looked like such a copy of Naruto that I didn't really bother to follow it. Yeah, I'm sure that's said all the time though.

[/canofworms]

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:50 AM #5 of 9
Oh, I believe I should make Cartoon and comic tags or something cuz even if this is the closest thing this side of Boondocks to anime it still well it hurrrrr no not anime.
1) You're being kind of pedantic!
2) THE OTHER TAGS AREN'T EVEN FINISHED where are the Icons for Sports/Comics/Television/Music/??? ya bum do those first before you suggest new shit

Quote:
It looked like such a copy of Naruto that I didn't really bother to follow it.
ahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

(you are the worst)

I was speaking idiomatically.

#654: Braixen
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:06 AM #6 of 9
1. Ehhh... sure pedantic. Fine. Sometimes you can have a more western appealing anime like Cowboy Bebop or a western cartoon that emulates an anime, but there's a big difference between someone looking for Spongebob, King of the Hill, or Adventure Time vs Naruto, Princess Tutu, or Galaxy Angel. Thus a different tag should be used.

2. Yeah I know I'm lazy. Just another thing to add to the list of things to do.

Also, I never said that is what Avatar is but what it seemed like at a glance and quick viewing from a random episode or two. I've heard plenty of good things about it and eventually I'll get around to watching the show.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:12 AM #7 of 9
1. Ehhh... sure pedantic. Fine. Sometimes you can have a more western appealing anime like Cowboy Bebop or a western cartoon that emulates an anime, but there's a big difference between someone looking for Spongebob, King of the Hill, or Adventure Time vs Naruto, Princess Tutu, or Galaxy Angel. Thus a different tag should be used.
Well that or you could combine to two into a general Anime/Cartoon tag. It's not like we're going to have a million threads for shows here anymore that we need an equally absurd number of tags. In the end it's all the same shit regardless of which side of the planet it came from~

I'm not trying to be difficult I just don't see the point in the whole anime vs cartoon thing, especially since weeaboos get p. gay about MY GLORIOUS ANIMES AREN'T CARTOONS

Quote:
2. Yeah I know I'm lazy. Just another thing to add to the list of things to do.
Doitfaggot.jpg

FELIPE NO

Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:21 AM #8 of 9
If we're going to get on about that then might as well change anime tags to CARTOONS because that's far more amusing. A billion random rotating dbz themed CARTOONS tags. Are you okay with that?

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:23 AM #9 of 9
I heartily approve of this plan! Fusion-ha and all that

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Tails; Jul 22, 2010 at 11:25 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Avatar: The Legend of Korra for 2011