Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Anyone Recommend Red Dead Redemption?

midnite
Wark!

Member 35780

Level 1.02

May 2010

Old Jun 4, 2010, 09:50 AM #1 of 15
Anyone Recommend Red Dead Redemption?

I have been really psyched since I saw the ad's for this game. It pretty much seems like GTA, but with horses and looks pretty wicked. Can anyone recommend this game? Anyone have anything both good and bad to say?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2010, 09:57 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2010, 07:57 AM #2 of 15
It somehow managed to be better than the first. So, yes, you should buy it because it's awesome and it makes you want a pair of snakeskin boots, a revolver and and have your eyes shut to a squint by the hot desert suns beating down on your face.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:26 AM #3 of 15
I hated the game at first, the characters were annoying, the "Cool" ones have no character or anything funny to say, especially the main character.
It's not until I hit mexico that I really started to enjoy it. Hearing Marston trying to speak spanish or the mexican people just insult him is just plain funny.
But yeah, if you're a die hard GTA fan then there's no going wrong here.

Although I ran into a barrel of glitches. The game froze around 4 times, I got hit by . . . something. Horses can be retarded, I killed someone with a lasso, the duels are screwy, tutorials are kinda shit, and a numerous of other things. It's the goddamn most glitchy game I've played this Gen. But nothing that would keep you away for good I think.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

New Record!
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2010, 06:53 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2010, 01:53 AM #4 of 15
Awesome game, multi was a bit too overhyped but sp is fucking boss.

How ya doing, buddy?
Randi
You may be a sinner but your innocence is mine

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:43 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2010, 06:43 PM #5 of 15
I think the game is awesome.

I've been playing it for hours upon hours already, spending/wasting time just hunting/skinning animals. The storyline is okay, even if it's a bit predictable at times. I would highly, highly, highly recommend this game for purchase.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sonic-Dude
Carob Nut

Member 33010

Level 5.43

Feb 2009

Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:27 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2010, 09:27 PM #6 of 15
It's good for a western style game, yet if I prefer playing GTA IV for the more present stuff. Yet RDR is incredibly awesome and a-must-buy.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"A Long time, loyal, & Die-Hard Fan of "SONIC The Hedgehog", and PROUD OF IT"
Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 05:43 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2010, 03:43 PM #7 of 15
It's been said, but this is a game which I would rate somewhere in the mid-high to high range. The gameplay as a whole is pretty fluid, except for the fact that your horse sometimes performs undesired activities such as: Jumping fences at weird angles, sometimes causing you to fall off cliffs, rearing when you hit the 'brake' button, sometimes causing you to be killed by whatever people/creatures might be attacking you, and some other minor inconveniences(sp?).

Overall, the storyline is more or less linear, but there are a good deal of side missions and free roaming activities to keep even the most ADD-ridden of us entertained.

B+.

Most amazing jew boots
Rex_Banner
Wark!

Member 36075

Level 2.12

Jul 2010

Old Jul 12, 2010, 04:28 PM #8 of 15
I was highly disgusted with it through. It just seem to try to hard, it felt like i was playing no country for old men or something, the control scheme needed some real work and a lot of the sexual content needed to be left out. I don't recommend it, unless you like GTA/Rockstar games.

D.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2010, 06:00 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2010, 04:00 PM #9 of 15
The question is: is this more like a Fallout 3 or more like a GTA4? I had assumed that it was more like the latter, but from the little quips I hear from people around me at work, it seems to be more like Fallout. If that's the case, I'm a hell of a lot more interested in it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2010, 06:03 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2010, 05:03 PM #10 of 15
Fallout? Have the people you work with ever PLAYED fallout? Because this is not even remotely like Fallout. At all.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2010, 06:10 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2010, 04:10 PM #11 of 15
Well, they say that when you ride your horse, you'll come across random people who need help, or a location in distress which opens up a new course of action. Maybe I'm just flush from replaying Fallout 3, but I made the immediate association.

GTA4, which I also replayed recently, or tried to, at any rate seemed to play with a more obvious path to take, and a lot less of an exploration-feel. The streets of Liberty City, detailed though they might have been, were something to be traversed as quickly as possible to get to the destination clearly marked on the map.

Maybe I was being hopeful, thinking RDR was a little bit more exploratory.

Most amazing jew boots
Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2010, 09:48 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2010, 11:48 PM #12 of 15
Definitely recommend this game. I've gotten my money's worth out of the game already, but I still have barely yet to scratch a lot of the single player activities(I've played it mostly multi with some friends from work).

Very entertaining and worth a purchase in my books.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:02 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2010, 09:02 PM #13 of 15
Well, they say that when you ride your horse, you'll come across random people who need help, or a location in distress which opens up a new course of action. Maybe I'm just flush from replaying Fallout 3, but I made the immediate association.

GTA4, which I also replayed recently, or tried to, at any rate seemed to play with a more obvious path to take, and a lot less of an exploration-feel. The streets of Liberty City, detailed though they might have been, were something to be traversed as quickly as possible to get to the destination clearly marked on the map.

The randomly riding around usually leads to quick ten second missions, moreso than new time consuming stuff.

I was speaking idiomatically.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2010, 04:35 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2010, 02:35 PM #14 of 15
Pity. If it's like GTA that means it'll probably be ten dollars pretty quickly. Maybe I'll just hold off and try it out then.

Most amazing jew boots
Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2010, 06:19 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2010, 04:19 PM #15 of 15
The streets of Liberty City, detailed though they might have been, were something to be traversed as quickly as possible to get to the destination clearly marked on the map.

Don't expect anything different out of RDR. Same concept, same execution, same basic interface as GTA. Did you actually expect something different from Rockstar? They make good games but damn all if they aren't all the same.

I'm gonna have to lower my grade for this game to a C. I was a bit biased in my first rating due to the fact that I had been playing it for the previous 2 days.

That being said, this game is not further from Fallout 3. That game is 100x the game that RDR is supposed to be.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Anyone Recommend Red Dead Redemption?