Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. They should go back and steal the horrible zombie plot

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2009, 07:48 AM #51 of 54
Well I can't say I found it annoying, maybe too easy because of the ignorant AI.
Something I forgot to mention is that the game is already getting screwy on my part, already found like 4 glitches up until chapter 5.

Spoiler:

Chapter 2, when there are 2 gaurds leaning on the wall flynn says "I'll take care of the other one". I go after the one on my side and flynn does nothing, I had to beat them both up.
Again in chapter 2, when flynn throws the rope, I go up and you're suppose to jump across the wooden columns but I immediately found a shortcut where you can just climb across if you use the edge of the windows but if you do this, Flynn won't follow.
In the Jungle, when I met up with an enemy, he rapidly started jitterring left to right like he was dodging bullets from the matrix.
In the end of chapter 7, the movie scene started up and the speech dialog disappeared, well it was more like it was muffled like someone covered my ears. I had to turn on the subtitles to know what they were talking about and I know it wasn't my speakers because the sounds effects were as clear as ever and the voices fixed themselves after the scene.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

New Record!
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Oct 14, 2009, 08:00 AM Local time: Oct 14, 2009, 04:00 PM #52 of 54
I mostly ran into clipping errors. Both NPCs and Nate.

Spoiler:
One guard was standing literally in the middle of a truck, with his head sticking out and unable to move in any direction.

Another guard was on a balcony, leaning behind a small wall for cover, and every time you shot him, it'd activate his "I'ma taking damage" animation, and he'd clip through the balcony straight down and then pop back up, as if in an elevator. I shot him enough till he fell right through the balcony and landed on the ground below, where he continued to hunch in cover position, looking at me over his shoulder even though there was no wall to hunch behind.

Nothing game breaking, but it does make some of those "This is one of the most polished games we've ever seen" statements in reviews pretty laughable.

Most amazing jew boots

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:39 AM Local time: Oct 14, 2009, 10:39 AM #53 of 54
Stealth in this game is atrocious, but whatever. I just hope it doesn't take the driver's seat for most of a chapter. Trying to get used to the new key for grenades (I played Uncharted 1 JUST BEFORE this came out). I welcomed an easier way to use them, but I keep hitting UP on the D-PAD to reload :V But the attention to detail in this game is incredible. Just started Chapter 5 the other day.

Stuff about 5 thus far:
Just came across guys with shields. That part took a quick hike up in difficulty, I mean really. Mis-threw a grenade, the WHOLE PACK came over to investigate, and I took out nine guys with one grenade. It was incredible Then the next wave came. The guys with shields really befuddled me. Someone threw a grenade behind my cover, and I got screwed after running out from cover. Is there a way to throw back grenades in this one?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:49 AM #54 of 54
Well from what I see, after chapter 2 stealth is pretty obsolete but it was still a good way to get some easy trophies. Trying to get 1 hit punches ten times in a row for the trophy but it's impossible where I'm at because there are always enemies I can't reach because of lack of bridge or something and I need to start it over. Although, I did find out that you can take care of enemies mega quick by shooting by the hip once and punching them. I cleared out whole areas this way, in normal mode he doesn't take so much damage but I'm probably used to it more because I just finished crushing mode on Uncharted 1 the day before I got this game.
I don't think you can throw grenades back, should have been in the tutorial if it was possible.

I'm not sure what chapter it was with the helicopter, maybe 5 or 6.
Spoiler:
The helicopter taking down the entire building was amazing, my blood was pumping after that.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

New Record!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. They should go back and steal the horrible zombie plot