Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Trinity Universe - Another NIS/GUST/Idea Factory Clusterfuck

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2009, 05:34 AM #1 of 6
Trinity Universe - Another NIS/GUST/Idea Factory Clusterfuck

or: Trinity Universe - Maybe This One Won't Suck (lol)

Basically, it's another crossover game with Disgaea/Atelier/etc. characters, only instead of lowres 2D sprites and horribly pieced together environments a la Cross Edge, it looks like they put some actual effort into the presentation of the game. The major selling point is that Disgaea characters (Etna, Fallen Flonne, and a Prinny so far) are being rendered in 3D. Screenshot wise it looks okay, but I'll have to wait and see how the game looks in motion before starting to render any real judgement.

Quote:
Nippon Ichi, Gust, and Idea Factory are getting together for another PlayStation 3 RPG mashup. Introducing Trinity Universe which has characters from Atelier Viorate and Disgaea… in 3D!

For the first time in a game Etna, Flonne, and Prinny aren’t sprites. Outside of the adventure story scenes, the game uses models for dungeons and combat. Trinity Universe’s combat system sounds kind of like Xenogears where each attack consumes AP and skills are assigned to three different buttons. Input a set sequence and you can deal more damage. Time is also an important element in Trinity Universe. Players have to destroy a gravitation field and escape a dungeon before time runs out.

Trinity Universe has two different scenarios. A goddess side with Gust characters and a demon lord side with Nippon Ichi stars. The protagonist in the demon lord storyline is a devil dog named Kanata.

Idea Factory will publish Trinity Universe in Japan this August. A release date has not been announced in North America, but NIS America is presenting a 3D PS3 game tomorrow so…
source: siliconera

Here are the famitsu screens that went along with it:
Spoiler:

I want to look forward to it, but... Idea Factory. Ugh. I don't think I even fall under "cautiously optimistic."

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2009, 04:03 PM #2 of 6
I really have to wonder why Idea Factory is always the ones behind these crossover games. Also, I guess it's good that they put more effort into making it by giving the characters 3d models and all, but now they just look odd.

In any case, my interest is piqued, once again.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old May 7, 2009, 05:09 PM Local time: May 8, 2009, 12:09 AM 2 2 #3 of 6
Woot I'm a pedophile and I love generic anime trash, getting this on day one.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 7, 2009, 05:31 PM Local time: May 7, 2009, 03:31 PM #4 of 6
3D Etna will have 1 polygon for a boob so they can again make fun of them.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2009, 11:25 AM Local time: May 9, 2009, 12:25 AM #5 of 6
At least it's not another SRPG. Those can get quite boring at times.

Most amazing jew boots
Kirashi
Wark!

Member 33730

Level 1.34

May 2009

Old May 28, 2009, 11:22 AM #6 of 6
This game is slated to come out Sep 10th in Japan.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Trinity Universe - Another NIS/GUST/Idea Factory Clusterfuck