Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

05-06 NHL Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 01:40 PM #251 of 447
Yeah, we're disappointed that we lost but just because we're dissapointed doesn't mean we're gonna verbally tear them apart. Yeah, they made a lot of mistakes but what good will whining and complaining do? Ask anyone who's been around this thread from before the crash, I'm as big a Sens fan as anyone else, maybe more so. I'm feeling terribly let down, but I'm still able to see that we did something right and that we're on the right track. I stay hopeful for next season and hope to GOD we don't trade Chara and Redden, both of whom have expired contracts as of our last game.

Originally Posted by Crash Landon
The Sens, the Avalanche, the Rangers - they've all held the Cup before;
The Sens have never won the cup. An ottawa franchise did ages ago but it definately wasn't the Sens.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Baaah~

Last edited by Fire On Ice; May 15, 2006 at 07:04 PM.
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 01:46 PM #252 of 447
Originally Posted by The Dopefish
When the Sabres winning the Cup is satirized as being part of the apocalypse in Bruce Almighty, it's hard to think of while keeping a straight face.
But you see, that's a comedy film.

The real apocalypse would be the Bills winning the Super Bowl.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 12:34 AM #253 of 447
Originally Posted by GALM-2
But you see, that's a comedy film.

The real apocalypse would be the Bills winning the Super Bowl.
Wide right!

I was speaking idiomatically.

Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 12:50 AM Local time: May 15, 2006, 10:50 PM #254 of 447
Originally Posted by BigHairyFeet
You dumb tool, have you followed the Senators AT ALL for the last, oh...6 YEARS?! They always do well in the regular season, but they always choke in the playoffs. How can everyone in Ottawa NOT be disappointed yet again by such a shitty performance? And in my quote, when I say "disappointing year", I mean "so far as we didn't progress farther". You're inability to recognize that they can't play for shit in the playoffs is ridiculous.
I've been a Sens fan for more than a decade, son. Apparently you don't remember the dark times they went through after they re-entered the league, because they certainly don't always do well in the regular season. I remember a season they only won one single road game. ONE. They had like 70 losses or something ridiculous like that.

If you can't see the hilarious self-contradiction in your previous post:

Originally Posted by BigHairyFeet
Woot going into overtime with Sens/Sabres, and the Sens are all over them. There is alot of confidence in their play. God willing, we will win .

EDIT: Sens fucking suck. Another disappointing year filled with chokers and average goaltending. Get rid of fucking Hasek and get someone who can play half the season instead of fixing his abductor.
then frankly I just don't know what to say.

"YES GO SENS GOING INTO OT WOO! GO SENS! GOING ALL THE WAY! BEST TEAM EVER!"

<five minutes pass>

"FUCK SENS ARE GARBAGE GOD DAMN IT FUCK THIS GAME."

I'm not really sure where you get an inability I have for acknowledging that they sucked in the playoffs from. I've said several times over the course of this season's playoffs that the Senators play over the last month or so has been the worst I've seen all season. So really, you're just making shit up because you're mad I called you a fairweather fan. I suppose nobody likes that label, especially when it has a certain ring of truth to it.

Originally Posted by Fire On Ice
The Sens have never won the cup. An ottawa franchise did ages ago but it definately wasn't the Sens.
That Ottawa franchise was, in fact, called the Senators.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Little Brenty Brent Brent; May 16, 2006 at 12:55 AM.
Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 01:03 AM #255 of 447
Originally Posted by Brent
That Ottawa franchise was, in fact, called the Senators.
ok, fine. But it wasn't these sens. Technically they've only existed since 1992-93 season. The last time the cup was in ottawa was 1926.

FELIPE NO

Baaah~
BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 01:50 AM #256 of 447
The Sens have become the Eagles of the NHL as of late. Always a great regular season, but the playoffs seem to leave something to be desired each year. Too bad, because if they had a more experienced goaltender (though Emery came along very well) they would have done a whole lot better, not to mention a defense that doesn't let a skater walk in and score on their most important game of the year, facing elimination. My brother and I sat there and watched that play a few times, just king of baffled that 3 guys stood back and let the Buffalo player (I forgot whole scored on the play) skate in and score.

Good luck next season to the Sens, hopefully the Lightning will actually get a regular season win against them.

Most amazing jew boots
Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 11:26 AM #257 of 447
Originally Posted by BucPride
not to mention a defense that doesn't let a skater walk in and score on their most important game of the year

TWICE >8U

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Baaah~
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 11:39 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 10:39 AM #258 of 447
Originally Posted by Fire On Ice
TWICE >8U
Only thing sadder than a Nintendo fanboy, is an Ottawa fanboy. *sigh*

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 09:08 PM Local time: May 16, 2006, 08:08 PM #259 of 447
I'm really speculative on whether or not Anaheim getting an extra few days before the next series is really what they need. Of course they get time to heal their wounds and such, but they won't be in a "game situation" for a few more days. The result from Game 1 of their next series will definitely be interesting to watch.

Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 10:32 PM Local time: May 16, 2006, 08:32 PM #260 of 447
That kind of a break is typically bad news for a team 'cause they really lose the groove they were in. The most recent example, of course, is Ottawa's meltdown last week.

Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 01:20 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 12:20 AM #261 of 447
Oilers shut out the sharks to take the series 4-2. They'll take on the Ducks in Game 1 on Friday. Carolina will face Buffalo in the other series. Any takers?

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 02:36 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 02:36 AM #262 of 447
Sabres/Oilers. REAL USA hockey team town vs Canada.

Of course USA comes out on top.

Most amazing jew boots
BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 02:56 AM #263 of 447
I'm taking the same as Score -- Sabres vs. Oilers (although, thats more wishful thinking then what I think will happen). Either way, I'll be rooting for the Western Champ in the finals. Always root for the underdog.

FELIPE NO
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 03:04 AM #264 of 447
I like the Ducks coming out of the Westicles. The Oilers may have the only playoff tested goalie of any of the remaining starters (whereas the man on the Ducks bench won the Conn Smythe in a losing Stanley Cup Final, for fuck's sake), but they're also loaded with a bunch of guys who haven't been this deep in the playoffs before. The Ducks, however, have been here recently and have a couple guys with their names already on the Cup (Scott Niedermayer, for one). In fact, Scott Niedermayer was on the Devils team that beat J.S. Giguere and the Ducks a few years ago. Irony!

Same story in the East, though the Canes haven't been to the Cup final in a little bit longer and their roster looks a bit different from the one Ron Francis helped into the finals. The same, of course, could be said for the Sabres, who were of course one goal away from winning the Cup with Hasek in 1999. Still, I figure on the Canes to get past the Sabres.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 12:11 PM #265 of 447
What on earth do they put in the water in Edmonton?! I am so impressed with that team. If I found out today that they were the 8th place in the west, I would not believe it at all. I say Canes/Oilers for a final.

Baaah~
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 01:02 PM #266 of 447
Another thing not in favor of the Oilers is history. As long as the current format has been around, this is the first time the 8th seed has made the conference final. What does that suggest about the chances of an 8 seed making the Cup Final?

Good luck to them, anyway...

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 01:13 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 12:13 PM #267 of 447
The Oil have always been gritty like this, man. They surprise people. I've always been an Oil fan, except when they play the Bruins.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 11:16 PM #268 of 447
Originally Posted by Denicalis
I've always been an Oil fan, except when they play the Bruins.
The Poohs, you mean. Wusses.

Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 12:47 AM Local time: May 19, 2006, 11:47 PM #269 of 447
Anaheim loses game 1, 3-1. Rest can be a double-edged sword.

Niekon
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Member 52

Level 19.28

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 04:03 PM Local time: May 20, 2006, 02:03 PM #270 of 447
yeah... Anaheim looked like shit out there on the ice for most of the game. On rare occasions they seemed to be in synch with each other only to blow it within one shift.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sonne
Project Gamma

Member 1967

Level 3.31

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 01:55 AM #271 of 447
I cannot see any of these teams winning the cup.

I would have an easier time seeing into the future to find that the NHL had decided to lockout the players once again, during the playoffs.

FELIPE NO
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 07:57 PM #272 of 447
Originally Posted by Sonne

You are a fucking moron.

Hey, who's going to win the Super Bowl?

Well, even though they're down to these two remaining teams, and no other footballs teams are present, let alone playing or doing just about anything related to football, I still doubt that either team in the Super Bowl is going to win. It just isn't gonna happen.

Conversely:

We're down to game Seven of the World Series, with the Red Sox taking on the Astros. Who do you think will emerge victorious?

I think that will be decided in Game Eight.

Do you even have any clue what you're talking about, Sonne?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nabhan
Good Chocobo

Member 679

Level 17.09

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 08:07 PM Local time: May 21, 2006, 09:07 PM #273 of 447
Originally Posted by Sonne

I would have an easier time seeing into the future to find that the NHL had decided to lockout the players once again, during the playoffs.
It's hard to take that seriously coming from a Panthers fan.

acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 03:39 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 02:39 AM #274 of 447
Despite Anaheim out-playing the shit out of us, Roloson is a fucking wall and the Oilers take a commanding lead.

We're sweeping this. Series over on thursday.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 03:47 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 02:47 AM #275 of 447
You really have to hand it to Roloson for stepping up under also constant pressure from Anaheim. The Ducks outshot the Oilers 34-25.

I wouldn't count the Ducks out just yet. I figured it might take one or two games to get them back in gear from the extra rest they got.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 05-06 NHL Discussion Thread