Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 106 Voting/WEEK 107 Nominating

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2007, 03:55 PM #1 of 24
Song of the Week - WEEK 106 Voting/WEEK 107 Nominating

Song of the Week. 100 Weeks and counting.
Week 106 Voting is closed.
Week 107 Nominating is restricted.

Week 106 Voting
The rules for voting can be found here.

Results:
1). [28] V' BALL - SeaSide Walker (L.A. Theme)
2). [18] Age of Empires III Soundtrack - There Is Weather-Decisions Are Made (End Credits)
3). [14/8.5] Sega Simulation Best ~Advanced Daisenryaku Original Soundtrack~ - Ending
4). [14/8] Cradle -Touhou Gegakushi Den- - Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World
5). [13] THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000 ARRANGE SOUND TRAX - Beauty & The Beast
6). [11] BROKEN THUNDER -project THUNDER FORCE VI- - CIEL -Jeteveux- [Complete Version.]
7). [9] OutRun 20th Anniversary Box - Shake the Street
8). [8] Romancing SaGa La Romance - THEME FINAL...LA SAGA

Tracks (links):
Age of Empires III Soundtrack - There Is Weather-Decisions Are Made (End Credits)
BROKEN THUNDER -project THUNDER FORCE VI- - CIEL -Jeteveux- [Complete Version.]
Cradle -Touhou Gegakushi Den- - Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World
OutRun 20th Anniversary Box - Shake the Street
Romancing SaGa La Romance - THEME FINAL...LA SAGA
Sega Simulation Best ~Advanced Daisenryaku Original Soundtrack~ - Ending
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000 ARRANGE SOUND TRAX - Beauty & The Beast
V' BALL - SeaSide Walker (L.A. Theme)

Notes:
If you are a member at more than one of the forums in which this event is being held, please nominate and vote in only ONE of the forums. You may, however, comment in the threads at any of the other forums.

Week 107 Nominating
The Nominations Queue can be found here.
The rules for nominating can be found here.

Here is the link to the corresponding thread in the other forum:
- Soundtrack Central

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by orion_mk3; Oct 1, 2007 at 10:39 AM.
Ceft
Shadow Master

Member 17770

Level 23.80

Jan 2007

Old Sep 24, 2007, 05:46 PM #2 of 24
Artist: Per Almered
Album Title: Immortal 3
Track Title: Obsession "Desert Run"
Disc Number: 2 (of 2)
Track Number: 14
Catalog Number: AKCD002~3
Year: 2006
Source: VGMdb

Votes will come later.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Sep 24, 2007, 06:45 PM #3 of 24
3 points - V' BALL - SeaSide Walker (L.A. Theme)
1 point - Cradle -Touhou Gegakushi Den- - Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World
1 point - Sega Simulation Best ~Advanced Daisenryaku Original Soundtrack~ - Ending
1 point - THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000 ARRANGE SOUND TRAX - Beauty & The Beast

How ya doing, buddy?
Ceft
Shadow Master

Member 17770

Level 23.80

Jan 2007

Old Sep 24, 2007, 07:32 PM #4 of 24
Is it just me or is this thread supposed to be "Song of the Week - WEEK 106 Voting/WEEK 107 Nominating," not "Song of the Week - WEEK 105 Voting/WEEK 106 Nominating?"

EDIT:
(3 points) Sega Simulation Best ~Advanced Daisenryaku Original Soundtrack~ - Ending
(1 point) Cradle -Touhou Gegakushi Den- - Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World
(1 point) THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000 ARRANGE SOUND TRAX - Beauty & The Beast
(1 point) V' BALL - SeaSide Walker (L.A. Theme)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Ceft; Sep 24, 2007 at 07:54 PM.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Sep 25, 2007, 12:40 AM Local time: Sep 24, 2007, 09:40 PM #5 of 24
Is it just me or is this thread supposed to be "Song of the Week - WEEK 106 Voting/WEEK 107 Nominating," not "Song of the Week - WEEK 105 Voting/WEEK 106 Nominating?"
I noticed this as well. Fixed.

Additional Spam:
=== Kaleb.G ===
* Album Title: The Ninja Warriors Again (Game Rip)
* Artist: Hiroyuki Iwatsuki / N. Tate
* Track Title: Stage-8 [[it's called "Final Stage" in the SPC set, but "Stage-8" in the game, if I recall correctly]]
* Source: SNESMusic.org; Song of the Week (oh snap!)
* File Location: nom folder
* Track Number: 19
* Year: 1994

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Kaleb.G; Sep 25, 2007 at 01:17 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2007, 10:06 AM #6 of 24
Blame FireFox's automatic form completion for that.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
katchum
VGM forever!

Member 180

Level 35.46

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2007, 03:57 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2007, 10:57 PM #7 of 24
There Is Weather-Decisions Are Made (End Credits):

Sounds like high quality ordinary music to me. It lacks a good melody. There really is nothing special about it. 2:20 is very contradictory, but then it keeps doing the same thing again.

CIEL -Jeteveux- [Complete Version.]:

Very tonal song, a little too simple for me to be interesting. The second melody is nice though. I don't think the combo hobo-piano is good chosen though. The orchestrated part at the end is nice, it builds up in a comforting way. I just don't like the sound quality.

Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World:

Good ensemble, catchy things going on. I only hate the violin. Maybe one point for good will and compositional technique. If it weren't for the violin it would get two points. (and it gets 3 points, because all the other songs aren't in my registry of taste)

Shake the Street:

Tone/notes/constant dynamics mashing isn't what I prefer.

THEME FINAL...LA SAGA:

First impression: boring. This sounds like music from an old soap serie. Then the second part tries to be interesting, the harmonics are a bit nice. The structure of the whole song is not good. Not very good composition.

Ending:

I like the electronic sound. But the song is kinda repetitive. I wouldn't listen to it more than once.

Beauty & The Beast:

So much rock music, I hate it. The middle part has some nice percussion things, but not my thing...

SeaSide Walker (L.A. Theme):

Rhythmic play in instruments. Deserves a point, also for the guitar solo. Not all that good though.

Very, very weak songs in my opinion this week. Bleh.

Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World: 3 points
Seaside Walker: 1 point
Ciel: 1 point
Ending: 1 point

FELIPE NO
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Sep 25, 2007, 08:53 PM #8 of 24
Age of Empires III Soundtrack - There Is Weather-Decisions Are Made (End Credits): Simple but pleasing. The lack of strong melody isn't an issue here, as the folksy nature doesn't require catchiness. Props for banjo and harmonica elements.

BROKEN THUNDER -project THUNDER FORCE VI- - CIEL -Jeteveux- [Complete Version.]: I didn't care for the first half of the song. The second half was better if not a bit cheesy. I'm neutral on this one, overall.

Cradle -Touhou Gegakushi Den- - Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World: It's alright, though quite predictable. Aurally, it's fine but there doesn't seem to be anything special going on.

OutRun 20th Anniversary Box - Shake the Street: This is pretty fun. Several parts remind me of Razor's Theme in Maniac Mansion - and that makes it even better. The bass section sometimes uses the same melody as "One-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater" - another amusing plus.

Romancing SaGa La Romance - THEME FINAL...LA SAGA: I started playing this, then immediately forgot it was on. Not a good sign. The latter section is a significant improvement and I wish the whole piece were as lively and interesting.

Sega Simulation Best ~Advanced Daisenryaku Original Soundtrack~ - Ending: A lost track from Sonic Spinball? No, it's just Naofumi Hataya! Kinda frenetic but it doesn't become too complex or chaotic.

THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000 ARRANGE SOUND TRAX - Beauty & The Beast: This is the kind of track that is good while you hear it but is instantly forgettable once the music stops. I want to give it a point, but then I don't. Then I do. Then I don't. I just don't know here.

V' BALL - SeaSide Walker (L.A. Theme): I like Latin rhythms because they're wildly upbeat and exciting. At first this felt a bit tame, then the spanish guitar came in and I was relieved. (Reminded me of "CALIFORNIA WIND" <3) The electric guitar was a bit excessive but not unbearable by a longshot. I personally wanted more Santana and less Satriani but this is still pretty good.

Let's split this three ways:

2 Points: OutRun 20th Anniversary Box - Shake the Street
2 Points: V' BALL - SeaSide Walker (L.A. Theme)
2 Points: Age of Empires III Soundtrack - There Is Weather-Decisions Are Made (End Credits)

An acceptable week, not nearly as godawful as katchum seems to think.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:29 PM Local time: Sep 26, 2007, 06:29 AM #9 of 24
3 points: Cradle -Touhou Gegakushi Den- - Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World
2 points: Out Run 20th Anniversary Box - Shake the Street
1 point: V' BALL - SeaSide Walker (L.A. Theme)

This was a good week. There was a number of contenders for the 1-point slot; namely THEME FINAL...LA SAGA, Ending and Beauty & The Beast. Also going by the alphabetical playlist, my nom (Shake the Street) stood out like a sore thumb amidst the first few songs. Sorry for disrupting the peace lol.

And my next nomination is:

Last edited by Duck King; Sep 27, 2007 at 06:57 PM. Reason: typo
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2007, 01:02 PM #10 of 24
Age of Empires III Soundtrack - There Is Weather-Decisions Are Made (End Credits) A laid-back country theme is the last thing I'd expect from Age of Empires, but the music is pretty good despite being bizarrely out of place. Well-done acoustic guitar and harmonica are nearly always welcome, for me.

BROKEN THUNDER -project THUNDER FORCE VI- - CIEL -Jeteveux- [Complete Version.] Some nice piano work on the first half, if a bit overshadowed by some rather mundane synth. The hair-metal guitar that kicks in later adds more than a bit of cheesiness, but the rest of the sound is quite a bit fuller as well. Good, but flawed.

Cradle -Touhou Gegakushi Den- - Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World Some rather standard Oriental-style music. While it doesn't go overboard with piercing flutes and grunting old men and the like, and remains listenable and pleasant, it still seems sort of mundane.

OutRun 20th Anniversary Box - Shake the Street The bass line is just about all this song has, and it wears mighty thin after awhile. There are a few variations to shake things up, but not nearly enough--it's like someone stripped out whatever melody was supposed to accompany the song.

Romancing SaGa La Romance - THEME FINAL...LA SAGA After playing Romancing SaGa 3, I tracked this album down, and deleted it rather quickly, finding it uninteresting. This song pretty much fits my memory of the album for 2/3 of its running time, before finally infusing some energy into the dull soundscape. If the whole song was shed of its terribly dull majority, it would be rather good, but as is that part drags the whole down like a lead weight.

Sega Simulation Best ~Advanced Daisenryaku Original Soundtrack~ - Ending Some lively synthiness that's energetic even if it doesn't do much to distinguish itself from billions of near-identical tracks from its era.

THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000 ARRANGE SOUND TRAX - Beauty & The Beast The song established an interesting sound at the beginning, with a decent bass line and some electric, acoustic, and synth embellishments. It then proceeded to do absolutely nothing to develop this interesting formula into anything compelling. There's a moment where synth strings kick in, and another where the acousitic guitar takes over, that I thought the song was finally going to realize its potential. In the first case, it went into a 27-minute drum solo; in the second, it ended.

V' BALL - SeaSide Walker (L.A. Theme) A very interesting synth-Latin tune that manages to be interesting and lively, unlike most of the tunes from the same genre that have appeared here in the past. It doesn't go a whole lot with the sound it establishes, but the sound itself is enough to sustain interest through its running time. The noodly guitar does take it down a notch, though, and the song would be far better without it.

Not a terribly impressive week, especially since a lot of songs had potential they failed to realize.

The Point Spread
3 pts. - There is Weather
2 pts. - CIEL Jeteveux
1 pt. - SeaSide Walker

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by orion_mk3; Sep 26, 2007 at 10:14 PM.
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Sep 26, 2007, 08:14 PM Local time: Sep 26, 2007, 06:14 PM #11 of 24
Votes at the bottom if contestants/spectators just want to go straight for that. First week in and I wasn't sure what to expect, then I realized I already, ahem, know what it is . I see that I can expect the melody vs. hooks vs. shitty taste clashes in the future here. I feel the same as Draconis, this was a good week. I wouldn't call anything here unpleasant to listen to, which is always a victory.

------------------

3 points - THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000 ARRANGE SOUND TRAX - Beauty & The Beast

2 points - Age of Empires III Soundtrack - There Is Weather-Decisions Are Made (End Credits)

1 points - BROKEN THUNDER -project THUNDER FORCE VI- - CIEL -Jeteveux- [Complete Version.]

Most amazing jew boots
KyleDunamis
Good Chocobo

Member 3720

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2007, 07:51 PM #12 of 24
Will nominate tomorrow.
Running out of ideas, but I must not break my streak of not being out of the queue since Week 1.

Found a nom.

Shining Force 3 Game Rip
Track 12
The Workings of Peace
Motoi Sakuraba

Last edited by KyleDunamis; Sep 29, 2007 at 08:16 PM.
Djinova
Why didn't he just...

Member 2441

Level 23.28

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 09:27 AM #13 of 24
[1 Point] Age of Empires III Soundtrack - There Is Weather-Decisions Are Made (End Credits)
[2 Points] BROKEN THUNDER -project THUNDER FORCE VI- - CIEL -Jeteveux- [Complete Version.]
[2 Points] Cradle -Touhou Gegakushi Den- - Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World
[1 Point] OutRun 20th Anniversary Box - Shake the Street

Rimo
Rise Above It

Member 186

Level 31.23

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 10:46 AM #14 of 24
I've had a good time listening, but a hard one spreading my points.

(3 points) V' BALL - SeaSide Walker (L.A. Theme)
(2 points) Age of Empires III Soundtrack - There Is Weather-Decisions Are Made (End Credits)

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 11:28 AM #15 of 24
Here is my point spread:

3 points : V' BALL - SeaSide Walker (L.A. Theme)
2 points : OutRun 20th Anniversary Box - Shake the Street
1 point : BROKEN THUNDER -project THUNDER FORCE VI- - CIEL -Jeteveux- [Complete Version.]

And here is my nomination:

<> Composer(s) : Go Sato
<> Album/Game Title : Raiden III Perfect Sound Track
<> Track Title : Dawn of sorrow
<> Disc Number : 1 (of 1)
<> Track Number : 7
<> Catalog Number : INDV-0113
<> Year : 2006
<> Source(s) : GMR database
<> Download : Raiden III - Dawn of sorrow

FELIPE NO
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 11:29 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2007, 12:29 AM #16 of 24
Rather pleasant week. Here's how I voted and... some comments!

(3 points) Age of Empires III Soundtrack - There Is Weather-Decisions Are Made (End Credits)
Unassuming and laidback, just my cup of tea. A rather odd end credits theme for a game such as "Age of Empires III" but it makes for terrific easy listening nonetheless. The grandiose section 2/3s into the song almost feel out of place, though, but manages to still blend in with the rest of the track (fortunately).

(2 points) Cradle -Touhou Gegakushi Den- - Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World
While I was listening to this, my mother happened to be in my room looking for some stuff (envelopes, I think) and surprisingly remarked how she thought the track was nice. I love "Old World" myself. It's a nice blend of pleasing melodies and lovely instrumentation that really makes for great listening whilst typing out (overdue) meeting minutes.

Nice upbeat track. Pity that it was not further developed because this one had the potential to be something more.

Most amazing jew boots
I think therefore I am... I think.
ikkei
Good Chocobo

Member 371

Level 18.90

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 02:45 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2007, 08:45 PM #17 of 24
It wasn't an impressive week to me, but at least somehow better than the last one ^^U

3 points for V' BALL
2 points for Age of Empires III
and the last one for Romancing Saga

How ya doing, buddy?
isdapi
Forged in the Pain

Member 1534

Level 20.11

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 04:31 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2007, 11:31 PM #18 of 24
Decent week.

(3 points) Romancing SaGa La Romance - THEME FINAL...LA SAGA
(2 points) V' BALL - SeaSide Walker (L.A. Theme)
(1 point) Age of Empires III Soundtrack - There Is Weather-Decisions Are Made (End Credits)

Most amazing jew boots
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 05:47 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2007, 02:47 PM #19 of 24
Didn't feel that anything this week really stood out, but it was good overall.

2 points - V' BALL - SeaSide Walker (L.A. Theme)
2 points - Cradle -Touhou Gegakushi Den- - Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World
1 point - Romancing SaGa La Romance - THEME FINAL...LA SAGA
1 point - Sega Simulation Best ~Advanced Daisenryaku Original Soundtrack~ - Ending

"SeaSide Walker" is cool just because it reminds me of Insector X. However, I feel this album has better tracks. Particularly "Iron Wing (Aircraft Carrier Theme)", which I've been thinking about nominating for a while, and probably will sometime in the future.

"Nostalgic..." is high on my list because it's so soothing, and the melody is good. However, it's pretty long, so it serves a better purpose as background music than active listening.

The first 45 seconds of "THEME FINAL...LA SAGA" really hit the spot, but then it loses my interest afterwards.

The best part of Sega "Ending" is 1:57-3:01. Everything else is repetitive and not engaging enough in comparison.

Everything else was varying degrees of OK, except for "Shake the Street", which has the crappiest guitar samples I've ever heard.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Liontamer
Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards Larry's Funky House of Lowe OC ReMix

Member 1322

Level 18.85

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 09:42 PM #20 of 24
3 points: Sega Simulation Best ~Advanced Daisenryaku Original Soundtrack~ - Ending
2 points: THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000 ARRANGE SOUND TRAX - Beauty & The Beast
1 point: V' BALL - SeaSide Walker (L.A. Theme)

Was an alright week, and I definitely liked all 3 of my placers, but nothing memorable for me.

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 10:33 PM #21 of 24
3 pts - Seaside Walker (O'bits rarely never disappoints)
2 pts - Shake the Street (surprise placer for me, since it wasn't as familiar as some others and I didn't like it so much at first)
1 pts - Beauty and the Beast (actually not one of my favorite KOF tracks, but still good enough for a quick nod and better than the rest)
Any other arranged track from this CD would have placed: Ciel (never thought much of this one...the structure is too loose and both the orchestral and rock elements sound really cliche)

I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 11:34 PM #22 of 24
I'll edit with my votes within the next half hour, assuming this isn't closed by then.

EDIT: Didn't get to listen to the songs as much as I would have liked to, but I thought this was a pretty high quality week. Moreso than usual, at least. Almost every song was good.

THEME FINAL - 2 pts.
There Is Weather - 2 pts.
Beauty & the Beast - 1 pt.
SeaSide Walker - 1 pt.

CIEL was close to getting a point.

Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Last edited by Drakken; Oct 1, 2007 at 12:06 AM.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2007, 12:19 AM Local time: Sep 30, 2007, 10:19 PM #23 of 24
Voting is closed and nominations are restricted!

1). [28] V' BALL - SeaSide Walker (L.A. Theme)
2). [18] Age of Empires III Soundtrack - There Is Weather-Decisions Are Made (End Credits)
3). [14/8.5] Sega Simulation Best ~Advanced Daisenryaku Original Soundtrack~ - Ending
4). [14/8] Cradle -Touhou Gegakushi Den- - Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World
5). [13] THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000 ARRANGE SOUND TRAX - Beauty & The Beast
6). [11] BROKEN THUNDER -project THUNDER FORCE VI- - CIEL -Jeteveux- [Complete Version.]
7). [9] OutRun 20th Anniversary Box - Shake the Street
8). [8] Romancing SaGa La Romance - THEME FINAL...LA SAGA

Rimo clearly needs to nominate more, since that's two golds in a row. :V

FELIPE NO
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Ceft
Shadow Master

Member 17770

Level 23.80

Jan 2007

Old Oct 1, 2007, 07:00 AM #24 of 24
Wow! I'm amazed mine got third. I wasn't expecting a place with that one, but mark my words, Hybrid Front will have a 1st Place someday!

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 106 Voting/WEEK 107 Nominating