Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Mario Kart Wii GFF Grand Prix

Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Jun 14, 2008, 02:12 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2008, 12:12 PM 3 #1 of 27
Mario Kart Wii GFF Grand Prix

Are you tired of random online users using the browser disconnect glitch in the middle of a race? Are you annoyed by losing VR points due to a Nintendo WiFi error? Do you want to brag about your recently acquired 3 star rating? Are even the Japanese players shaking in their boots whenever you arrive in the room and just want to show off your skills to GFF instead? This may be the thread for you!

Since friend rooms are completely invisible to the rest of the world, it might be possible to organize some private Mario Kart sessions where GFFers can have some friendly competition without worries of shortcut glitches or hacking.

If anybody has a preferred time and day they can race, feel free to post it. I'd like to see if GFF can summon the twelve people maximum. Even though right now is summer time, it would be ideal if everyone could post their times that they'd be available on the weekend (Friday evenings, Saturday, and early Sunday). There are people who need to work, after all.

For now, I'd like to see who would be available for Mario Kartin' on the weekend of June 21st June 28th. If the thread is successful enough, the GFF Grand Prix may also be held on subsequent weekends. Friend codes are in the GFWiki provided by this link, but if anybody who isn't listed wants to be listed, I can edit them in.

Member.................................................. ...Time(s) Available
Identity Crisis............................................ ........ Any time, really.
BigCN401.......................................... ................ Between 12 PM to 3 AM EST (F/Sa/Su)
Rollins........................................... ................... Any time before 1 to 2 AM EST (?)
Kairyu............................................ .................. After 4 PM HST (F) and any time (Sa/Su)
nuttyturnip....................................... ............ Between 7 PM and 2 AM EST (Sa) and before 11 PM (Su)
Miles............................................. .................. Any time after 4 PM PST (?)
SuperSonic........................................ ............ Between 7 PM and 2 AM EST (Sa)
Tritoch........................................... ..................Between 7 PM and 2 AM EST (Sa)
nazpyro........................................... ................ No time specified but willing.
Chaotic........................................... ................. Ditto.
Alastor........................................... .................. Any time.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Identity Crisis; Jun 26, 2008 at 11:04 PM.
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2008, 06:06 PM #2 of 27
Heh, funny... Even of all those glitches and hacks mention, luckily I rarely run into those problems.

Of course I'll be available and participating (as long it isn't on a Tuesday). XD
June 21st would be fine for me... As for the time, well lets say I'll be free in the afternoon to until I go to sleep (12 PM - 3 AM EST).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rollins
"It's strips like this that differentiate us from Ziggy."

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2008, 06:33 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2008, 04:33 PM #3 of 27
Friend rooms! The solution to my hemorrhaging of VR points.

I should be good for at least the next two weekends (moving out soon). Anytime is fine, I'll probably be down to race until about 1-2 AM (EST).

Most amazing jew boots

| blog | last.fm | chocojournal = unnecessary |
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2008, 06:48 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2008, 01:48 PM #4 of 27
I'm usually ready to race anytime on weekends and late afternoons on weekdays (so something like 4pm and onwards. timezone: -10hrs GMT.) For now anyway.

21 June? I can make it to that =D

How ya doing, buddy?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2008, 07:08 PM #5 of 27
Ah, dammit... The 21st? I'll be on a cruise at that time. ;_;

I was speaking idiomatically.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2008, 07:19 PM #6 of 27
Sure, I'm free next weekend. Saturday nights (from 7pm-2am or so) are good, as well as anytime before 11pm on Sunday.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Jun 15, 2008, 01:07 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2008, 11:07 AM #7 of 27
I can be around anytime after 4PM (pacific time) on the 21st to play. I'm pretty sure I have no plans after that time.

FELIPE NO
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 10:16 AM #8 of 27
Same as nuttyturnip's time frame (I am EST), just be sure to drop an IM to me at that time and let me know we're playing. I'll be glad to take you all down the night before my bday. XD

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 06:03 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 04:03 PM #9 of 27
So, it looks like there are seven people available for pretty much the same time. We'll try to convene in the Mario Kart Wii friends room around 7 PM Eastern Standard Time, which would be 4 PM Pacific Standard Time and 2 PM Hawaii Standard Time (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). It's still only Wednesday though, and anybody who wants to join is still welcome to.

Originally Posted by SuperSonic
Same as nuttyturnip's time frame (I am EST), just be sure to drop an IM to me at that time and let me know we're playing. I'll be glad to take you all down the night before my bday. XD
I'll be sure to post in this thread as soon as the actual friends room is created. I only have one IM chat client, and you don't seem to have it. =[

Also, where are Tritoch and Tails? I was pretty certain that both of them had the game and that Tails would be up for some Kartin'.

Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 07:06 PM #10 of 27
Oh, I'm sure my brother would want to play too.

And if you don't mind maybe one of my brother's friend would like to joined in too. I know you and Kairyu race against him many times; his Mii is Miiyamoto/Young Link (he joined in whenever I joined you guys ).

If Tails' online I'll give him an IM and see what's up.

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2008, 11:29 PM #11 of 27
Sure, count me in. I guess this means I need to play some MK Wii tonight since I haven't really played since around launch. Lost pretty miserably the last time Tails invited me to a game.

EDIT: Oh yeah, times. I guess stick me with the 7pm-2am people.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by The Plane Is A Tiger; Jun 20, 2008 at 11:58 PM.
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Jun 20, 2008, 11:45 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2008, 09:45 PM #12 of 27
So I lied. I'll actually be like 50 miles away from home at a birthday party for my little brother who is home from college for the summer. I can't skip out on it so I won't be around tomorrow. At least not until way later that night. So I probably won't be around until much later in the day.

Sorry. ;_;

Most amazing jew boots
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Jun 21, 2008, 12:06 AM Local time: Jun 20, 2008, 10:06 PM #13 of 27

The room's going to be open until about 1 AM (EST) when several people have to leave, so that's the latest I could possibly stretch the Mario Kart session. This is assuming everyone isn't sick of Mario Karting by then (lol six hours). There's always next weekend though!

On a more general note, it'd be nice if everybody met in the #nwifi room so we can exchange pleasantries other than the generic ones MKWii uses. I believe anybody can join via ChocoChat under the Quick Links menu. Simply typing in "/join #nwifi" should do it. If for some reason the #nwifi room doesn't work, I'll create one labeled "#MKWii" or something similar.

EDIT: Also, the aforementioned Miiyamoto's friend code is this: 4596-9897-0171

Miiyamoto can be automatically added to a friends list in the lobby, but his friend code is provided in case I'm not there to create the room. I don't want Miiyamoto to be accidentally excluded.

Last edited by Identity Crisis; Jun 21, 2008 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Wrong time. Bah.
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2008, 03:03 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2008, 10:03 AM #14 of 27
Just so everyone is clear the join time is 7PM(EST) and we will be available to play all the way till 1AM. At least I'll try to keep up for 6 hours, no promises though!

If anyone wants to do some warm up matches with me an hour beforehand you're more than welcome to join me.

Rollins

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2008, 05:31 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2008, 03:31 PM #15 of 27
May have some stuff to do around 7 (sorry!), but I should definitely be available to play late into the night.

FELIPE NO

Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Jun 21, 2008, 05:58 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2008, 03:58 PM #16 of 27
I'm beginning to create the friends room. If I any of you don't see my room, it's probably because I haven't registered your friend code yet. Please message me via PM, IRC, or whatever to make sure I have your friend code.

Also, Kairyu made the #MKWii room on IRC, so we'll meet over there instead of the #nwifi room.

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2008, 10:58 AM #17 of 27
If there was one thing that I realized last night, it was this...I suck at Mario Kart. XD

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2008, 11:09 AM #18 of 27
I seem to only suck at multiplayer Mario Kart. After acing the Special cup before coming online I figured I'd do alright this time, and then proceeded to fall into every pit on every track.

Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Jun 23, 2008, 10:12 AM Local time: Jun 23, 2008, 08:12 AM #19 of 27
Since the Mario Kart weekend had a fair amount of participation, I'll try holding another session this upcoming weekend. Rather than having to settle on one day, I'll check to see which of the three days (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday) everyone would prefer. If there's a significant overlap on one particular time, the #MKWii room will be open on that time. Also, I'm not entirely sure on dates/times everyone would be available for since a few people might have been in regards to one day specifically rather than what their plans typically look like on any weekend.

Hopefully the people who missed out last weekend will be able to join this time! =]

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2008, 02:15 PM Local time: Jun 24, 2008, 12:15 PM #20 of 27
Ohh yeah. I'll join in if I can. I don't know what my availability is, but I'll check in if I get a chance. It's been over a week since I last played, and that no-play time kills my Wheel+Manual skills since it takes some ridiculous getting used to, so hopefully I'm not hurting too much when I play. Or I'll just go Auto. And hopefully I'm not the only one using the Wheel too. That's the only way to get respect in the game.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2008, 04:28 PM #21 of 27
I'll definitely jump in this weekend for Mario Kart.

Just gotta know what time you people are playing.

Chaotic prays for night time play.

Rollins

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2008, 06:38 PM Local time: Jun 24, 2008, 04:38 PM #22 of 27
Hmm, I'm more for Friday or Sunday (gots to wake up early on Sunday morning), but as always, I'm probably good for at least a few hours any day.

Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Jun 26, 2008, 05:54 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2008, 03:54 PM #23 of 27
It looks like the time that I'll try getting everybody together will be around 7:00 PM (EST) again. However, I'll try something slightly different. I'll open the #MKWii room on Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday to give some people more opportunities to try out the multiplayer. I don't expect everyone to join in on every single day, but I don't want to leave somebody out in case they don't have an open schedule on one particular day everybody's present.

If hardly anybody joins the #MKWii room one day, we could probably settle for joining a worldwide race. In summation, the room should be open on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday starting at 7:00 PM (EST) for those who want to give this a shot.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Identity Crisis; Jun 26, 2008 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Wrong time zone.
Alastor
...Or is it?

Member 29243

Level 3.09

Apr 2008

Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:56 PM #24 of 27
I'm sure I could join for a few hours. I'm available whenever.

3566 2893 4552

I'll add those who're signed up already.

Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:10 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2008, 04:10 PM #25 of 27
As a quick reminder, the #MKWii IRC channel is open, and the friends room has been created. Be sure to join in if you can! Also, let me know via PM or something if you can't find the friends room because I overlooked your friend code. I had to delete a couple of unconfirmed people to make room for others, so I'm not entirely sure if I have everybody registered.

EDIT: Bleh, not many people showed up, so I'll actually be in a worldwide race for a while. The friends room isn't open yet. I'll reopen it in about an hour or whenever more people are in the #MKWii room.

Last edited by Identity Crisis; Jun 28, 2008 at 06:26 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Mario Kart Wii GFF Grand Prix