Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

I need a real read only folder!

Roan
Chocobo

Member 1565

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:03 PM #1 of 3
I need a real read only folder!

Is it possible to set certain folders in Windows XP to a "real" read only folder where users will be unable to save in them, rename, move them much like folders save on a cd rom?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Overkill
Syklis Green

Member 1892

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:13 PM #2 of 3
Try cacls. It's a command prompt thing that deals with setting permissions of files and folders and crap. Too bad there isn't CHMOD for Windows though, it's a billion times easier to understand.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 03:47 PM #3 of 3
You could always use NTFS permissions (you'll need to disable simple file sharing in the "view" tab in Tools->Folder Options in Explorer) to deny certain users read/write/whatever access to a folder, provided that your hard drive is formatted with NTFS.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > I need a real read only folder!