Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 02:22 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2007, 12:22 AM #226 of 2408
lol, nope. it's just a combination of the fact that I live on the West Coast, the fact that the Dojo (apparently) updates rather early for me, and the fact that I'm a natural-born night owl with no school to worry about. =D

Most amazing jew boots
Darkshineknight
Lemon Vampire ~.~

Member 4980

Level 3.20

Apr 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 03:08 AM #227 of 2408
Wow the asset trophies sound just like the pokemon and pokeballs cept...with other nintendoish or non nintendoish things coming out XD

GG, i wonder what else they can put in XD Something tells me we're gonna have alot of things popping out

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 04:04 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2007, 07:04 PM #228 of 2408

That's it, Smash Bros Braaaauuugghhwwl is officially the Wii's GOTY forever.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; Jul 2, 2007 at 04:23 AM.
Azingno
Carob Nut

Member 22663

Level 5.67

Jun 2007

Old Jul 2, 2007, 07:04 AM #229 of 2408
SWEET! I almost wonder who else will be in the summoning list.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 10:15 AM #230 of 2408
See, now this is what I look forward to when I hit smashbros.com. That is a fantastic bit of info.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 10:30 AM #231 of 2408
Wow the asset trophies sound just like the pokemon and pokeballs cept...with other nintendoish or non nintendoish things coming out XD

GG, i wonder what else they can put in XD Something tells me we're gonna have alot of things popping out
That was my thought exactly when I saw this announcement. Now, this is going to become even more of a Nintendo character orgy than ever, effectively giving them a chance to throw in a crapload of fan favorites that aren't going to show up as playable characters.

FELIPE NO
Azingno
Carob Nut

Member 22663

Level 5.67

Jun 2007

Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:08 AM #232 of 2408
That was my thought exactly when I saw this announcement. Now, this is going to become even more of a Nintendo character orgy than ever, effectively giving them a chance to throw in a crapload of fan favorites that aren't going to show up as playable characters.
Lets just hope they throw in some characters we've never seen (Lip) or characters that havnt been used since their first appearance on the first game and second game (Like Captain Syrup from the Wario Land series)

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Azingno; Jul 2, 2007 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Confusion
Joe Wiewel
hard worker

Member 259

Level 18.63

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 12:54 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2007, 12:54 PM #233 of 2408
This game just keeps getting better and better. There are some things that I don't agree with, but oh well, I can't have it all.

Man, I really like the idea of these assistant Nintendo characters showing up! (There was already something like this Melee - You'd very rarely get a Goomba, Octorock, ReDead or Topi out of an item crate, but that's different.) The character possibilities for this are endless!

I was hoping that Samurai Goroh would be a playable character to give the F-Zero series more representation when it comes to playable characters (he would be the next choice after Falcon), but it least he's in the game as more than just an unlockable trophy. :P

Quote:
I live on the West Coast, the fact that the Dojo (apparently) updates rather early for me
I've noticed it updates at 2:00 A.M. for me, but I live in the Central Time Zone, so that means it updates at exactly midnight for the west coast. It makes sense though, because Nintendo of America is in Seattle so it would only be natural that the site would update when the clock hits midnight over there.

And as an aside, it looks like they took the banana peel idea from Mario Kart. I had always wondered why they didn't put it in Melee to begin with since they already put the red homing Koopa shells in.

Also looking forward to the new Star Fox stage and Zelda: Ocarina of Time music.

And I wonder how Wario's motorcycle will work. Will it disappear if he dies? If he doesn't get back on it soon enough? Will his moveset be different while riding it? Can other characters get on it and ride it? (Probably not...imagine Pikachu riding it... XD ) Can other characters pick it up and throw it? If so, can he use it again if it gets thrown off the edge? These type of updates always seem to raise more questions what there are to begin with.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 02:20 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2007, 01:20 PM #234 of 2408
Best update yet. This should have been reserved to a Friday!
Now there will be less whining if playable characters don't make it, provided that they appear as assist trophies.
I bet there will always be something to whine about though.

HAMMER BRO!!!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 04:01 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2007, 02:01 PM #235 of 2408
I've noticed it updates at 2:00 A.M. for me, but I live in the Central Time Zone, so that means it updates at exactly midnight for the west coast. It makes sense though, because Nintendo of America is in Seattle so it would only be natural that the site would update when the clock hits midnight over there.
Well technically, NoA's headquarters are in Bellevue, not Seattle. I went there once to get my Wii replaced when it bricked on me. >.>;

Azingno
Carob Nut

Member 22663

Level 5.67

Jun 2007

Old Jul 2, 2007, 06:15 PM #236 of 2408
Best update yet. This should have been reserved to a Friday!
Now there will be less whining if playable characters don't make it, provided that they appear as assist trophies.
I bet there will always be something to whine about though.

HAMMER BRO!!!
And I bet that all the complaints will be from Gamefaqs considering everyone there is stupid. Seriously...(they said chuck norris would make it!)

Still this update is awsome and I look forward to this game, but I gaurantee there will be USELESS characters so.

Also next week is E3 people, be sure to watch G4 cause there may be an update on this game.

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 08:03 PM #237 of 2408
Also next week is E3 people, be sure to watch G4 cause there may be an update on this game.
You did not just say that. Damn, I've been trying to stay away from G4 and unfortunately it's gonna be the only place I can get my E3 info.

I am looking forward to seeing if they'll drop a bomb on some of the characters or levels at E3. We all know how big Snake was, then we got shafted with Fox. I really hope they don't announce at E3 that the next new character is Luigi.

Most amazing jew boots
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 02:33 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2007, 02:33 AM #238 of 2408
Quote:
The biggest and the heaviest of fighters, Bowser has a slightly different flavor this time around!

To be honest, there are a LOT of characters that offer a slightly different flavor this time around. If you think they’re all going to be the same as they have been, it’ll be rough for you.
I beg to differ if we're going by the screenshots posted.

Hopefully at E3, they'll announce somebody new.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 02:42 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2007, 12:42 AM #239 of 2408
C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

I hope they buff him a bit, to be honest. Poor guy was worthless in Melee. =\

FELIPE NO
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 02:48 AM #240 of 2408
I hadn't checked the site in awhile, but Wario's motorcycle looks like it'll be a very interesting addition. Ever since Marth and Roy showed up in Melee I've thought it would be great to add in one of the horseback riding Fire Emblem characters for mounted combat, and this comes close enough.

C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

I hope they buff him a bit, to be honest. Poor guy was worthless in Melee. =\
I beg to differ. He was pretty worthless against speedy enemies like Fox and Marth, but it was possible to overcome that and use his brute force against most of the characters.

How ya doing, buddy?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 03:02 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2007, 01:02 AM #241 of 2408
I guess so. I never really bothered to learn much about him though. I stuck to Luigi, mainly.

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 03:05 AM #242 of 2408
I took a liking to him after doing a lot of "Rampage" battles (giant Bowser and DK in Fourside). As long as you're not fighting someone who can run circles around him, Bowser's not too bad.

Azingno
Carob Nut

Member 22663

Level 5.67

Jun 2007

Old Jul 3, 2007, 07:06 AM #243 of 2408
I beg to differ if we're going by the screenshots posted.

Hopefully at E3, they'll announce somebody new.
They`ll problably do another trailer simular to the Nintendo World trailer but longer and has everyone in it and show the release date at the end.....with the same suspense as when Snake was announced. So...

Old Jul 3, 2007, 07:59 AM #244 of 2408
Bowser, had some good power in Melee but I honestly thinks he needs a tad more or he he absolutely needs a bit more speed or recovery time or a smaller hit box. Bowser strolls into a battle and people who aren't even trying to hit him manage to and of course it's combo Bowser and you don't need to even try because he's lost about 50%. While the guy can take some brutal damage he stacks it up way too easily - especially for all the armor and weight he has.

I love using Bowser but I'd really like to be able to easily have him go toe to toe with any character in the game. Being lowest tier didn't help him much in Melee. I hope they can do away with tiering because honestly I don't fucking care about tournament players. I play the game to have fun and I play all characters so I want them all to be fairly equal so it all comes down to player skill and a bit of luck (terrain, items, etc.).

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Black Mage
Nothing beats a Sunny Day!

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 08:25 AM #245 of 2408
You'll never be able to "get rid of tiering" unless all of the characters play exactly the same. There's bound to be some characters better than others. At best, all we can really hope for is less of a gap between the tiers.

Besides, tiering comes from the meta-game that results from "high level" tournament play. As such, the tiers don't mean much to anyone who plays at a casual level. You only really need to know about them if you're into the tournament scene.

That's not to say I don't agree with you, though. I'd absolutely love for all the game's characters to have the potential to win against another with only personal skill (And sure, luck if you have items or 'off-the-wall' levels) making the difference. It's just not very realistic, considering Melee.

Anyway, what's good about the update aside from the obvious Bowser news, is that it's essentially confirming what we already knew-- revamped characters. It'll be great to see if some balancing can really invigorate some of the lesser used characters. Some of the 'god' characters from the original Smash Brothers, such as Ness and Kirby, really were relegated to the back seat.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 08:46 AM #246 of 2408
Yes, Ness and Kirby really got a kick in the seat in terms of power in Melee. I'll be happy if they're balanced accordingly.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Joe Wiewel
hard worker

Member 259

Level 18.63

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 12:48 PM Local time: Jul 3, 2007, 12:48 PM #247 of 2408
Hehe, it looks like Bowser has aged in Brawl. :tgp: In one of the screenshots, it also looks like Bowser's B -> Smash scratch move is different.

I love using Bowser but I'd really like to be able to easily have him go toe to toe with any character in the game. Being lowest tier didn't help him much in Melee. ... I play the game to have fun and I play all characters so I want them all to be fairly equal so it all comes down to player skill and a bit of luck (terrain, items, etc.).
I play with all characters too (I always play with a random character against three random CPUs all against each other when I'm by myself) and in all honesty, Bowser is one of my top characters and I can hold my own against human players using him. Looking at the screenshot of my rankings page (if that's what you guys mean by "tier"), he's sixth... Now if the CPU didn't suck so bad with him, he would be even higher.

FELIPE NO
shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 01:38 PM Local time: Jul 3, 2007, 12:38 PM #248 of 2408
No, that's rankings on your personal game. Tiers are rankings that high-level tournament players have given each character. Many aspects of a fighting style go into these analysis.
poke around smashboards some and eventually you'll find something about tiers, and then a flood of info about SSB that you never knew existed and will blow your mind.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Old Jul 3, 2007, 06:50 PM #249 of 2408
Hehe, it looks like Bowser has aged in Brawl. :tgp:
Heh, I was actually gonna note on that. Also, Bowser has more noticeable gums which adds to the aging effect since it enhances his lack of a full set of teeth.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 06:55 PM #250 of 2408
Heh, I was actually gonna note on that. Also, Bowser has more noticeable gums which adds to the aging effect since it enhances his lack of a full set of teeth.
Well, I could see why they'd want to age Bowser since supposedly Bowser Jr. is in this one. It'd make the difference between the two more obvious (even though it isn't necessary).

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl