Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Rock Band - YOUR PLASTIC TOYS USE BATTERIES? PERVERT.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2010, 03:13 PM Local time: Nov 12, 2010, 02:13 PM #26 of 31
I dunno if RB3 has been doing poorly.
Rock Band 3 debuted in 26th place in the UK charts, with sub-8000 units sold. Guitar Hero 6 did 10 times that. Which is WAY DOWN from the one and a half MILLION on an opening week that they have done in the past.

Without NPD numbers anymore, we can't have a completely accurate barometer of US performance. But it has been fuck awful, and when the relative charts come out soon enough we'll how low it placed.

The genre is in decline for a whole variety of reasons, but to assume Christmas is going to change the thing's fate by a large margin, especially one THIS CONSIDERABLE, you're being completely ignorant of the facts and just how front loaded sales tend to be in this industry. First week sales are extremely telling of how well a title is going to do, this one is no different.

Harmonix should have smartened up post Beatles, but by going and doing Green Day they certainly didn't do themselves any favours. That's certainly true.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2010, 04:26 PM Local time: Nov 12, 2010, 03:26 PM #27 of 31
Part of the problem is that the main new features in the game are things that many people might not care about. Not everyone is going to care about the keyboard or pro guitar/bass, so they will just look at RB3 as a big song library expansion, filled with songs that they may or may not know or care about. I can see where a lot of people regard the idea of the new game with a big "eh, I'll get it when it's $30....maybe". With the huge DLC library already available, I can easily see where a lot of people will look at what they already have with RB2 and their DLC library and be satisfied with that.

Most amazing jew boots
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2010, 06:05 PM Local time: Nov 12, 2010, 03:05 PM #28 of 31
Jesus christ Harmonix, code your site better (link to forum response to selling of Harmonix).

For those curious about the whole thing. Harmonix being sold will not affect rock band, and DLC will continue. Harmonix being sold does not relate to sales figures, but from Viacom wanting to turn away from video games.

Harmonix doing awful in the UK relates to a) the news about certain songs being banned from export strictly in the UK and b) from lack of instrument availability. Getting instruments is tough in the US, let alone anywhere else in the world, so anyone who is interested in doing pro guitar/keys/drums in the UK is SOL for now, and thus won't buy the game until the instruments are better produced (FU madcatz).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2010, 06:30 PM Local time: Nov 12, 2010, 05:30 PM 1 #29 of 31
Their products are no longer profitable. Of course it has to do with sales figures. Don't believe everything you read in a corporate PR statement. "Company abandons positive revenue stream; shareholders rejoice" is not often a headline.

The bit about ongoing support is neither here nor there, considering.

RB3's lackluster sales have to do with a tonne of factors, but to assume they will pick up further down the line to an extent that makes the venture not a resounding failure is naive and silly. In any country.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2010, 07:54 PM Local time: Nov 13, 2010, 01:54 AM #30 of 31
They picked an odd time to release it too. All the hype at the moment is about Kinect and Black Ops, I've literally not seen a single ad for Rock Band, in fact I didn't even know it was coming out until I saw this thread.

The market is over-saturated now. For more casual gamers there are a ton of Sing Stars and dancing games and the completely over the top guitar is never going to appeal to people who want something to play with their mates when they're pissed up. Essentially they've released a game aimed at "Hardcore" guitar game fans and there simply aren't enough of those to make the sales they expect from the series. Maybe if they released it a couple of weeks later once the Kinect hype had died down and in time for Christmas purchases they might have done better. maybe not. I think also, looking at the set list, for me at least there's not enough on there I'd want to play to warrant buying the game. Basically I've got enough guitar game tracks from Guitar Hero 3, 4, Hits and Metallica to keep me going forever and the only game I'd be likely to add to my collections would be a Guitar Hero (Or Rock Band) Guns n Roses which lets face it, will never get released.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:59 PM Local time: Nov 16, 2010, 07:59 PM #31 of 31
*sigh*...

I guess it was only a matter of time. Oh well! It was fun while it lasted!

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Rock Band - YOUR PLASTIC TOYS USE BATTERIES? PERVERT.