Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Profiling Based on Your Beverage

THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 07:01 PM #26 of 57
I drink hard liquor without chasers. Chasers are for girls supposedly.

Although Mike's Hard Lemonade is marketing as "hard", it is really a girl's drink. No self respecting guy drinks that.

Edit: note the sarcasm plz

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by THIEF; Jul 16, 2006 at 01:05 PM.
Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 07:20 PM #27 of 57
I drink tap water. So i guess that makes me bland, but also gives me that "living-on-the-edge" kinda thing. Good blance I say.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 12:19 PM Local time: Jul 14, 2006, 09:19 AM #28 of 57
I must be a cheap gay son of a bitch because the only things I order is water or some fruit drink (like orange juice). Usually I'm the one driving so drinking alcohol isn't the greatest idea. And I've been trying to cut down on my soda intakes too for health reasons.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Dance party!
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 12:33 PM #29 of 57
To everyone who has been deeply offended by this thread, it's true that you really can't look at a guy drinking a glass of chardonnay and determine with 100% accuracy that the guy is a fag, but it's the little clues about people that allow others to size them up.

Seemingly superficial things like how someone dresses, what they drink, whether or not they smoke, how they speak, who they associate with, etc. might not mean much when you look at each item individually, but when you put the whole puzzle together using all the little clues that people give, you can usually get a pretty good analysis of a person.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Qube
Banninated

Member 23

Level 15.40

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 01:57 PM Local time: Jul 14, 2006, 12:57 PM #30 of 57
I've never understood the whole "chick drink" think. I mean fuck, a beer typically has 5% alcohol. A smirnoff vodka cooler, of any variety, has 7%. I dunno, that sounds more potent to me. ;p

Regardless, I will usually drink whatever happens to be served, or whatever is available, and when I have my choice, all depends on the mood. If I'm looking to get drunk, Smirnoff Ice goes down easy, and usually doesn't make me sick. Beer is a win anytime, and well, takes forever to get me drunk on it though.

If I'm out having a dinner or something, a rum and coke is plenty good for me, or rye and coke as my mood determines.

Do I even think to consider a person based on what they are drinking? I suppose sometimes I do. It's all generalities obviously, but when I'm trying to figure someone out, what they're drinking will most often be a sign of how much class they have. I find wine drinkers are usually a lot more mature, and if they actually appreciate what they're drinking, then I know that they're not just drinking for the buzz.

Meh, but Alice is right, it's just one of those little things that you notice about people, that when placed with other little tidbits of information, makes up the character of that person.

Would I ever judge someone I don't know, when I am not talking to them, just by what drink they order? Hell no, that's just as bad as any other stereotyping crap, and I just don't go there.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hatred on the fact that I lost my old sig, maybe I'll get it back someday. Or not!
JackyBoy
A Cinnamon Role?

Member 2219

Level 13.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 01:58 PM #31 of 57
So what, we're only interested in whether the person is a fag or not? I personally don't drink beer too often and much prefer mixed drinks. I really don't care what some skinny punk at the other side of the bar thinks of me when I drink my vodka paralyzer. And if someone ever did take issue with it I would be more than happy to go outside to "talk" about it. But I am thinking people who go to bars/pubs/clubs and measure up guys by their drink have probably never had sex before.

FELIPE NO

You're staring at me like I just asked you what the fucking square root of something.
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 02:50 PM Local time: Jul 14, 2006, 08:50 PM #32 of 57
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
To everyone who has been deeply offended by this thread, it's true that you really can't look at a guy drinking a glass of chardonnay and determine with 100% accuracy that the guy is a fag, but it's the little clues about people that allow others to size them up.

Seemingly superficial things like how someone dresses, what they drink, whether or not they smoke, how they speak, who they associate with, etc. might not mean much when you look at each item individually, but when you put the whole puzzle together using all the little clues that people give, you can usually get a pretty good analysis of a person.
An analysis of how someone dresses, what they drink, whether or not they smoke... etc

Quote:
A couple of other people called in and said that men shouldn't drink any colored or fruity drinks - ever.
I don't think these people are building intricate models of how a given mans mind ticks here. It's "I have this backwards notion about this one thing, should you be guilty of = red flag against your entire character". You find solidarity with them, and I think your last post was both appeasing backpedalling, and an attempt at justifying being surface obsessed.

This bit of letterbox-pissing mockery was a good bit of irony though:

"To everyone who has been deeply offended by this thread"

considering one of the more stand-out cases of REACTION in this thread has been your catty lashing out against Shin's about-turn opinion of people with base preconceptions.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Tuxedo-Templar
Carob Nut

Member 9158

Level 4.12

Jun 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 05:48 PM #33 of 57
Quote:
I agree entirely with Shin - I think judging people on something so lame as what they drink is retarded. If anyone is so shallow as to judge me on what drinks I like, then they're probably not worth my time. And if someone is so insecure as to let these stereotypes prevent him from drinking the things one genuinely enjoys, then that person deserves whatever terrible-tasting stuff that he or she feels compelled to drink.
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland

In a perfect world, you shouldn't be able to stereotype anyone reliably. Unfortunately it's practically a requirement to function socially in our imperfect world. People like me who can't stand that idea, even while understanding it full well, ironically typically do little to deviate from it. And thus, people who try to oppose it often just end up reinforcing it.

At some point in your life, when you learn you have to adapt to survive, you just give up and conform to life's inherent stupidity. It's not like you could fix that stupidity anyway by mindlessly struggling against it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:43 AM #34 of 57
I remember being told that women should never drink a beer out of a bottle--they should always use a glass. This was from a woman.

I looked at her and said, "You go to bars to pick up guys. Don't you want them to see how well your mouth works?"

Which, of course, implies I hate this sterotype thing. In finer restaurants, White Wine is best with chicken and fish, and Red Wine is better with red meat. That's a matter of knowledge or taste, whatever.

As for the server who made the Zinfandel remark--you KNOW that as a server, you send off little vibes about how you feel about that customer, right? So, it may not be the drink, but the employee.

Shin's absolutely right--judging a person by what he/she drinks is the most insecure thing in the world. That means you have problems that need to be dealt with.

And there's a bar around here that invented their own Lemonade (I think it might have been sold to Mike's) and it's strong.

Oh, and BTW--I drink Long Island iced teas.

Dullenplain
Life @ 45RPM

Member 2299

Level 38.16

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 02:02 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 01:02 AM #35 of 57
I mainly drink water, but if I do have alcohol, it's beer, and it's usually Shiner Bock. I abhor liquor and can tolerate wine. All this based on the various "hey, try this" adventures I partake with friends.

I don't know what that says about me though.

Classic J-Pop Volume 31
Add your location here at the ------> GFF Members Geographic Database
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 02:10 AM #36 of 57
I think people who drink alcohol in general suck. How about them apples?

But I usually drink juice, gatorade, soda or water.

My favorite is Stewart's soda. It's so damn good.

I think the whole premise of drinking as a social thing is plain stupid. I drink because I'm thirsty, and only then. So the whole "girls do this guys do that" is stupid to me. Drinking shouldn't have anything to do with your masculinity. I don't see the logic in it.

THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.

Last edited by DragoonKain; Jul 15, 2006 at 02:15 AM.
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 02:14 AM #37 of 57
You know, it's not like we're saying we drink every night of the week.

It's been over a year since my last alcoholic drink--how about them apples?

If I do go out--I get Long Island iced teas for a reason. I like them, but I don't have to make them.

Tuxedo-Templar
Carob Nut

Member 9158

Level 4.12

Jun 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 02:16 AM #38 of 57
Originally Posted by DragoonKain
I think people who drink alcohol in general suck. How about them apples?

But I usually drink juice, gatorade, soda or water.

My favorite is Stewart's soda. It's so damn good.

I think the whole premise of drinking as a social thing is plain stupid. I drink because I'm thirsty, and only then. So the whole "girls do this guys do that" is stupid to me. Drinking shouldn't have anything to do with your masculinity. I don't see the logic in it.
Was only a matter of time.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 02:21 AM #39 of 57
You're right, but I didn't expect it to be so soon as to where someone took it so seriously.

I was being facetious about how I think people who drink alcohol suck, but I really don't get the premise in defining someone by their drink.

FELIPE NO
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 02:24 AM #40 of 57
There is one thing not mentioned here.

You're in a bar, and you see someone drinking Coke (no booze) or Orange Juice (no booze). What does that tell you? They're wimps? No--they either have liver damage or they are the designated driver.

And, I've had enough about these mixed drinks things being for girls and guys, too.

Let me give you a history lesson. These "fruity" drinks are known as Cocktails. They came about during prohibition to hide the alcohol that was in the drink. So, next time someone looks at someone drinking one of these drinks--just think: "Wow. They're drinking something invented to BREAK THE LAW."

How ya doing, buddy?
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 02:29 AM #41 of 57
I don't go to bars often, because people smoke in bars, but if you ever see someone at a sports bar, watching a game and drinking a sprite, that's probably me. I know some people who are embarassed to drink a non-alcoholic beverages in bars, but I either get a sprite or a cherry coke.

I never get water, because when people pour water in glasses in restaurants or bars, the water usually tastes dirty.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Tuxedo-Templar
Carob Nut

Member 9158

Level 4.12

Jun 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 02:29 AM #42 of 57
Quote:
but I really don't get the premise is defining someone by their drink.
Because they can. Whether it works or not is irrelevant. If it boosts their social status by being able to make claims with the same working principles of pseudo-science that people can buy into, then by god they'll make them. And if you are the unfortunate exception to their rule, then it makes them feel good to get away with inflicting social pressure upon you to make you conform to them. Doesn't matter if you're straighter than a paper cut, shame on you for drinking a fag's drink! You're now a fag. Fag.

I've come to the conclusion that everything we as humans do amount is in some way connected to having or weilding power of some sort. But it really does make sense, since if you look at it, power is the most literal way to ensure survival there can be. And everyone wants to survive, in one way or another.

Last edited by Tuxedo-Templar; Jul 15, 2006 at 02:33 AM.
Star Man Aevum
DWN037

Member 1020

Level 8.68

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 02:34 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 12:34 AM #43 of 57
So then. What kind of person that doesn't drink because he doesn't like the taste at all of beer, wine, or hard liquor get the label of?

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 02:37 AM #44 of 57
Originally Posted by Tuxedo-Templar
Because they can. Whether it works or not is irrelevant. If it boosts their social status by being able to make claims with the same working principles of pseudo-science that people can buy into, then by god they'll make them. And if you are the unfortunate exception to their rule, then it makes them feel good to get away with inflicting social pressure upon you to make you conform to them. Doesn't matter if you're straighter than a paper cut, shame on you for drinking a fag's drink! You're now a fag. Fag.

I've come to the conclusion that everything we as humans do amount is in some way connected to having or weilding power of some sort. But it really does make sense, since if you look at it, power is the most literal way to ensure survival there can be. And everyone wants to survive, in one way or another.
Which one is a fag's drink? I named like 5 drinks that I like.

All are quite refreshing, and taste good, which is all I ask for in a drink.

Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 02:37 AM #45 of 57
Originally Posted by DragoonKain
I don't go to bars often, because people smoke in bars, but if you ever see someone at a sports bar, watching a game and drinking a sprite, that's probably me. I know some people who are embarassed to drink a non-alcoholic beverages in bars, but I either get a sprite or a cherry coke.

I never get water, because when people pour water in glasses in restaurants or bars, the water usually tastes dirty.
I'm allergic to cigarette smoke, so I don't go too often.

And, you may have hit on something.

Are people actually drinking these alcoholic drinks--or are they just holding them? And BTW--unless you drink it, how do you know if that Coke has rum in it, or if that OJ is actually a screwdriver?

PERCEPTION!

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 02:41 AM #46 of 57
I'm allergic to it also. It makes me break out in hives. Also alcoholic beverages turn my hair grey.

It's insanity.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dullenplain
Life @ 45RPM

Member 2299

Level 38.16

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 02:48 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 01:48 AM #47 of 57
Originally Posted by Star Man Aevum
So then. What kind of person that doesn't drink because he doesn't like the taste at all of beer, wine, or hard liquor get the label of?
Designated driver or Mormon.

Most amazing jew boots
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 03:52 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 08:52 AM #48 of 57
Originally Posted by Leknaat
You're in a bar, and you see someone drinking Coke (no booze) or Orange Juice (no booze). What does that tell you? They're wimps? No--they either have liver damage or they are the designated driver.
You're missing one very important option there - or they're teetotal. Some people just choose not to drink. Not because of medical reasons, not because they're driving, because they plain old just don't want to.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 04:52 AM #49 of 57
Originally Posted by OmagnusPrime
You're missing one very important option there - or they're teetotal. Some people just choose not to drink. Not because of medical reasons, not because they're driving, because they plain old just don't want to.
It was the whole Perception thing. People assume that you can't drink because A) of Medical reasons or B) you're the Designated driver.

Most people don't think that you're not drinking simply because you don't want to. Just like they think you're drinking a "fruity" drink because you're gay. Or you drink Zinfandel because you're cheap.

Most amazing jew boots
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 09:24 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 02:24 PM #50 of 57
Originally Posted by Leknaat
It was the whole Perception thing. People assume that you can't drink because A) of Medical reasons or B) you're the Designated driver.
Oh I see what you were getting at. And you're not wrong about the kind of assumptions people make.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Profiling Based on Your Beverage