Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Bad ideas

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 01:52 AM #1 of 34
Bad ideas

What are the most ill-conceived, stupidest, crappiest, and/or most poorly told comic book story every written? And I mean ever. Yes, I know a lot of crap has come out in the last few years. But those aren't the only examples of bad ideas. There are some to be found in classic comics as well. I'll post my thoughts at a later time.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:05 AM #2 of 34
I'd say "Power Pack" was a solid miss. Pre-pubescent twerps with powers granted to them by aliens, with names like "Mass Master" and "Gee".

Pure crap.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 06:51 AM #3 of 34
Continuity waves - nothing tops this one.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Son of Wiseness
Chocobo

Member 367

Level 10.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 07:55 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 06:55 AM #4 of 34
The Captain Underpants series. There were crappy names in there like the Inedible Hulk.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 10:32 AM #5 of 34
Lacking anything better to do, I'll post my response now. I've narrowed it down to three ideas/stories: the time Marvel tried their hardest to cover up the "Lockjaw can talk!" story, the time Grant Morrison was writing the X-Men, and the time Geoff Johns was given instructions to write DC's current big event.

I was speaking idiomatically.
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:02 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 08:02 PM #6 of 34
Jason Todd.

What is worse is that they used this idea twice.

So they bring Mr.Todd around in the 80s. Everyone hates him. He's an annoying little shit that couldn't fill Grayson's lime green hot-pants. So they kill him off. By killing them off they create the second most important driving force behind Batman. Sure lots of heroes had lost people close to them before, but then again Spider-Man doesn't keep Gwen Stacy's clothes in a glass case in his living room. By doing this, they turn a character that no one liked into a necessary character whose death acts as a driving force for a very popular character.

So what do they do? They fuck it up. They bring back a character that became acceptable by simple dumb luck. Not only that, but they bring him back using the absolute worst plot device since the clone saga.

Robin should have stayed fucking dead.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
HightopNinja
Ninja in Hightops

Member 2115

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 12:11 AM #7 of 34
I'm going to go with the cancelation of quality books by both Marvel and DC.

On DC's end of things, they cancelled books like Impulse, Young Justice, Young Heroes In Love, and Guy Gardner long before they had run their course.

On Marvel's end, they cancelled Ghost Rider for christ's sake. Now the most bad ass anti-hero they have is delligated to having a mini-series every other year. Other books that got the undeserving axe, Howard the Duck(original written by Steve Gerber), Marvel Comics Presents(they really should have taken the focus off of Wolverine, but I liked having a few different stories per issue), and Excalibur(original line-up). Those books all kicked alot of ass, but were axed.

Storyline wise, I'll call upon the ever-faithful clone saga, the ill conceived Underworld arc in DC, the current run of X-men with Apocolypse, the other book that focuses on Rachel Grey has actually been good. The Other, the latest craptastic spider-man event sucked alot. The new costume does as well. Jason Todd should have just been ressurected by a Lazerus pit..no need for some bullshit Superboy Prime throws a hissy-fit and everything rights itself piece of shit plot device.

I think I'm done..for now.

FELIPE NO
Dave Foley is my Hero.
Interrobang
What I learned in Boating Class is

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:33 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 12:33 AM #8 of 34
Peter Parker's parents being robot clones had to be the most shitty thing I've ever read. The fact that it led into "the Spider" and the Clone Saga didn't help in the least.

Sins Past has to be near the top, though, if only for Norman Obsorn's O-face.

Originally Posted by Acro-nym
the time Grant Morrison was writing the X-Men
Grant Morrison was the most interesting thing to happen to X-Men in years.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 02:11 AM #9 of 34
My vote goes for Marvel trying to capitalize on villian popularity and giving Venom his own mini-series. That and the whole 2099 thing.

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 02:39 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 01:39 AM #10 of 34
Originally Posted by Knighthawk
My vote goes for Marvel trying to capitalize on villian popularity and giving Venom his own mini-series.
No...it's everytime Marvel can't think of anything else to do and instead decides to revive the symbiote/s yet again and proceed to bulldoze over any past history that's been established and create their own storyline.

Like the fairly recent Eddie Brock cancer shit. Sure, this is like, what they planned on doing with the symbiote a long time ago -- but it sucks.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 02:45 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 12:45 AM #11 of 34
The worst idea ever conceived for a comic book...

Why are we kidding ourselves? Whoever came up with the idea of a fucking dog telling kids to turntail and run from a thundering behemoth of a bully who's about to beat the shit out of them deserves to have the cellblock sisters gangbang him in the shower.

Onyx
Chocobo

Member 384

Level 10.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:44 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 06:44 AM #12 of 34
The Marvel "What If" series. It is so terrible. It sounds really cool at first (such as "What if Spiderman's Uncle Ben lived" or "what if the hulk had bruce banner's brain", but they are so dumb and hokey that they're not even believable. Among the worst I've ever read.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 03:06 PM #13 of 34
Originally Posted by Sing
Grant Morrison was the most interesting thing to happen to X-Men in years.
I really don't fear that it's fair that you're attacking my opinion, but since you did, I might as well explain myself. Sure, Morrison did a few interesting things. However, a few items he did made no sense. Beast gets a "secondary evolution" but this seems to affect his beast-like appearance, which isn't a natural evolution. Also, Cassandra Nova apparently survived being "killed" by Charles by clinging to the wall of the sewer beneath the hospital, slowly using her small amount of telekinetic ability to rebuild herself in her brother's image. Then, there was the whole breakup between Jean and Scott. There was the killing of Magneto twice. There was another killing of Jean. The creepiest part was when it was revealed that Xavier had always had a romantics interest in Jean... the creepy part being that he first met her when she was a young girl. For all of these reasons, a few minor ones, I believe this to be one of the worst comic book tales ever written.

Most amazing jew boots
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:25 PM #14 of 34
Worst idea was DC versus Marvel; followed by "The Amalgam Age of Comics" where we have Batman and Wolverine combined into one dude to fight crime.

Fail.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
-Happy-
#comics To Your Face

Member 1844

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 08:01 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 09:01 PM #15 of 34
Originally Posted by HightopNinja
Jason Todd should have just been ressurected by a Lazerus pit..no need for some bullshit Superboy Prime throws a hissy-fit and everything rights itself piece of shit plot device.
Actually, I forget where, but it's been said that the Lazarus Pit will not raise the dead, but only heal the living/almost dead (In body, not in mind).

FELIPE NO
HightopNinja
Ninja in Hightops

Member 2115

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 08:31 PM #16 of 34
Nah..the Lazerus pit can be used to ressurrect someone. Case in point, Cassandra Cain was dead. Proclaimed by both Lady Shiva and the spirit of Spoiler. She was brought back by being put in the pit, also, Batgirl killed Shiva in the same issue and hung her from a hook above the pit, presumably to eventually fall in and ressurrect herself..

Dave Foley is my Hero.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 03:11 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 04:11 PM #17 of 34
Probably the stupidest thing I ever saw in comics was the way they introduced Professor X's evil twin, Cassandra...

Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 08:26 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 03:26 PM #18 of 34
Originally Posted by Sing
Peter Parker's parents being robot clones had to be the most shitty thing I've ever read. The fact that it led into "the Spider" and the Clone Saga didn't help in the least.
woah i didnt know that o_o. more info please.
and yeah making Gwen a slut sucked butt.

no homo
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 10:03 AM #19 of 34
Originally Posted by Zip
woah i didnt know that o_o. more info please.
and yeah making Gwen a slut sucked butt.
I believe the robot clone thing happened due to Chameleon wanted to know Spider-Man's identity, striking through his supposed photographer friend. And by your second comment, I assume you're referring to the Sins Past storyline? Yes, that was crap. It could have been written in such a better way...

Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 03:28 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 10:28 PM #20 of 34
i got to read that =_=. was it before clone saga?

yeah i ment sins past. Now i dont mean sex is slutty (not at all) but the reason she banged him? Because he was sad but had this "strong aura" around him? aw come on. She didnt fuck Peter with all his shit and but Norman is cool?

OKAY.

no homo
Interrobang
What I learned in Boating Class is

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 05:28 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 04:28 PM #21 of 34
It was before the Clone Saga and why Peter was a whiny cunt at the beginning.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 06:12 PM #22 of 34
Originally Posted by Zip
i got to read that =_=. was it before clone saga?

yeah i ment sins past. Now i dont mean sex is slutty (not at all) but the reason she banged him? Because he was sad but had this "strong aura" around him? aw come on. She didnt fuck Peter with all his shit and but Norman is cool?

OKAY.
That's similar to my thinking as well, hence my comment. What it should've been was that the Jackal, before he died (although I think he's back now), had created the children as part of plan to out Peter in a life-threatening situation. The fast growth could have just been part of the plan, making sure they reached maturity at the right time.

Most amazing jew boots
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 04:37 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 11:37 AM #23 of 34
Hopefully some other writer can fix that crap. Anyone know how long the current writer (cant spell his name) has left on ASM?

no homo
Preacher33
Carob Nut

Member 3061

Level 4.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 02:32 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 02:32 PM #24 of 34
Originally Posted by Acro-nym
I really don't fear that it's fair that you're attacking my opinion, but since you did, I might as well explain myself. Sure, Morrison did a few interesting things. However, a few items he did made no sense. Beast gets a "secondary evolution" but this seems to affect his beast-like appearance, which isn't a natural evolution. Also, Cassandra Nova apparently survived being "killed" by Charles by clinging to the wall of the sewer beneath the hospital, slowly using her small amount of telekinetic ability to rebuild herself in her brother's image. Then, there was the whole breakup between Jean and Scott. There was the killing of Magneto twice. There was another killing of Jean. The creepiest part was when it was revealed that Xavier had always had a romantics interest in Jean... the creepy part being that he first met her when she was a young girl. For all of these reasons, a few minor ones, I believe this to be one of the worst comic book tales ever written.

Actually, Beast triggered his own secondary mutation, but I will agree on the nonsensical Cat Beast further mutation. And Xavier did have the hots for Jean Grey back in the old X-Men issues, so blame Stan for starting it. I agree on everything about the breakup, though, and Endsong has made it worse.

But what about the whole Weapon X meaning Ten? I thought that was just silly.

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 03:09 PM #25 of 34
Originally Posted by Preacher33
But what about the whole Weapon X meaning Ten? I thought that was just silly.
It was really only bad because it was expanded on, with additional successful projects.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Bad ideas