Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Do you talk in the movies?

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 01:26 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 11:26 AM #26 of 46
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
Oh, man. Don't even get me started on coughers. I hate it when some lunger sits right next to me in a restaurant and hacks up phlegm-wads every two or three minutes (this happened to me a couple of nights ago).

I'm sorry if I sound unsympathetic to the plight of the mucous-filled, but really. That crap is gross.
Yeah, makes your $15 dinner just turn to mush eh? Especially when you're starting on soup as an appetizer. ;_;

COUGH COUGH HACK HACK LET ME TURN MY HEAD TOWARDS YOUR DIRECTION AND HACK HACK SOME MORE. MEGA ;_;.

And for the sake of the thread, people who just can't shut the fuck up TALKING AND TALKING AND TALKING for 10 minutes should be dragged out of the theatre, drugged, raped, drugged some more, and shot in the knees. I mean sure you can laugh or say excuse me of you need to get out to take a piss or whatever, but have just a hint of common courtesy, pretty please?

Don't get me started on them chronic cellular phone users.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; Apr 3, 2006 at 01:29 PM.
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 01:27 PM #27 of 46
Out of respect for the audience I dont say a word, well..exept for in some cases the trailers whenever I happen to see a shitty remake coming to theateres soon.

If I'm the only person in there, I still dont say a word (we all gatta live the Siskel& Ebert fantasy..right?)

How ya doing, buddy?
Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 01:30 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 11:30 AM #28 of 46
When people talk in the movies it makes me want to strangle them. That's one thing that makes me so inexplicably angry. I cant handle it. Or when people kick the back of my seat in the movies.

Actually, I guess I kind of hate going to the movies in general. =/

Most amazing jew boots
Spyer
Yeeeaaaa.

Member 548

Level 18.00

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 02:35 PM #29 of 46
Meh, I usually just have the tendency to go "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" (thats my laugh) or go "Oh god!"

But for some of the more crappier movies, I tend to point out the negative things, like a visible wire or bad music or something like that.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Safer Serge
preparing myself to take over the world

Member 800

Level 3.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 02:42 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 04:42 PM #30 of 46
I never talk. When I'm with a girl I like, usually we kiss... in that case, words are completely unnecessary.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 02:46 PM #31 of 46
I must say that I do not consciously annoy other people in public. Especially since I'm not all that comfortable in public anyway, the last thing I'd want to do is get attention, especially negative attention. I'm pretty quiet overall, and actually take special care not to bother or annoy people. I don't know if it's simply because I'm extremely courteous, I just have a huge fear of judgement by other people.

FELIPE NO
A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 02:50 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 02:50 PM #32 of 46
I pick my nose any time and any place it pleases me and I understand that bugs a lot of people. And I tend to ask every possible question abotu something i don't understand or agree with in conversations in an attmpt to get it. I don't know why but that one really hacks people off.

In the theater I'm quiet overall but i'll whisper something specific to whoever i'm listening to every once and awhile. People who talk throughout the whole thing, bring their easily spooked kid to anything even vaguely upsetting, or won't turn off their fucking cell phones need to be booted the fuck out. And there's a special place in hell for 15 year old boys who laugh out loud every 3 minutes during the entire film barring it being a comedy of course.

Sass you really need to work on those anger issues. (shakes head in a sadly disapointed manner)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Lady, I was gonna cut you some slack, cause you're a major mythological figure but now you've just gone nuts!
Shoeless
The questgiver.

Member 834

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 03:32 PM #33 of 46
In movie theatres, I am a fidgeter. It bothers my friends to no end. I shift my position constantly, at least every 10 minutes. I just can't get comfortable.

I'm often fidgeting when I go to new places, as well. Especially in unfamiliar houses. I will rarely sit down and prefer to stay on my feet. Also, if it is the Winter, I will wear a jacket indoors to a friend's house or gathering even if I start to get hot with it on. I'm neurotic.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 04:23 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 01:23 PM #34 of 46
Not during the actual movie, but friends and I naturally talk before the previews start. I find that if I had to comment on anything in a movie, it's usually too loud for the person next to me to understand what I'm saying.

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 04:26 PM #35 of 46
Complain. I do it too much. About stupid things too. Like right now, I'm recovering from mono and I'm not allowed to exercise, and I bitch about it all the time. I want to go to the gym, but I can't, this sucks. I should just be happy that I'm like 1/1000000 mono people that doesn't get tired from the virus.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 04:37 PM #36 of 46
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
Come on, admit it. You talk during a movie, don't you? Do you curse loudly in public places? Spit disgusting phlegm-wads on sidewalks? Blast the music in your car so loudly that it makes all the surrounding cars vibrate? Tailgate whoever is unfortunate enough to be driving ahead of you?

We all have habits that we just know annoy others, yet we do them anyway. What do you do that you just know makes everyone want to punch you in the face?
I don't do any of those except for play music very loudly. I can't help it, if it's techno it deserves to be played loud - hell if it's anything I like, it deserves to be played loud.

I'll talk during previews and the like at movies because I can and no one cares, but once the movie starts I shut the hell up.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 04:44 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 03:44 PM #37 of 46
I get so irritated when I go to a movie with my grandma, and she starts commenting on every little thing. What's more irritating is that she doesn't like it when other people talk during a movie, but it's okay for her to.

I personally avoid talking once the movie's in full swing (ie: after the first 10 minutes or so), but sometimes I allow a comment or two at the very beginning, like if the OP credits are really spectacular or something, or the music is remarkable. I have a friend who doesn't like to 'go out to the movies' because we can't talk during it -- so we try our damndest to go to movies loooong after they've been running, and we're sure nobody will want to see. 'Cause then we can talk in them.

The thing that's really annoying is when people talk during concerts. I'm talking classical/symphonic concerts here, not rock ones (who can talk during those, anyway?). I know in the past that was okay, but these days it's just irritating and disrespectful to the performers and the audience.

How ya doing, buddy?
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 05:55 PM #38 of 46
I hum ALL THE TIME. Even when other music is playing somewhere. (unless I decided to listen to it). Walking down the sidewalk. In the Library. Swimming. Probably even sleeping.

I don't think many people are annoyed by it though. I get a few turned heads, but like 1 or 2 a day or so.

J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 06:12 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 04:12 PM #39 of 46
I am prone to say something loud and obnoxious (never could spell that) at the quietest possible point in a movie theater. That or cracking open a can of smuggled-in pop at the aforementioned quiet point.

FELIPE NO
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 07:28 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 10:28 AM #40 of 46
I don't talk during a movie because it seems like an odd way to spend $12.

"Wanna go see a movie?"
"Nah"
"Oh okay"
"See you there!"
"What?

*LATER*

"SO DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THAT CAR CRASH LAST NIGHT?"
"I'm watching a fucking movie, get away from me"
"YEAH, IT WAS PRETTY GOOD. WHY IS IT SO DARK IN HERE?"

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 07:35 PM #41 of 46
I hate people who talk during movies, especially when they're revealing the depeest secrets of a film, because they've only seen it nine times. Usually, however, children are the ones talking when I go to the movies.
Really, parents, teach your kids >_>

Jam it back in, in the dark.
splur
Chocobo

Member 2496

Level 14.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:16 PM #42 of 46
Hardly ever, I'm usually the one who'd tell you to stfu. You're not supposed to talk during the movies, so don't give me those dirty looks for telling you to do what you're supposed to.

The only reason I'd talk is if I see something extremely cool, I'm never amazed at the theatre.

JackTheRipper
fuck

Member 1296

Level 19.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:28 PM #43 of 46
I rarely talk in the movies. I like to get into it and keep my eyes on the screen. there are those times where the movie is just so bad that I have to make comments to my friends, but I generally keep quiet.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:08 AM #44 of 46
The only time I talk during movies is when I'm at home in my room watching them by myself. Other than that, I laugh at the appropriate times in a movie, nothing more.

I think one thing that irritates my friends about me is that I think of things as literal at the wrong times and end up taking words and phrases at face value. I've actually had people complain that things aren't that serious.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 04:09 AM #45 of 46
You talk to yourself when you're watching a movie alone? Or do you talk to the TV?

Sorry, just teasing.

I was speaking idiomatically.
iokcs
Deity Debunker

Member 2977

Level 6.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 04:09 AM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 01:09 AM #46 of 46
yea it depends on who im with, and what im watching, usually, if its something ive been waiting to watch, then the only sound ill make is to whisper to to whoever im with how cool something was, or to explain to my girlfriend how that differed from the real version of it (usually with comic movies). or if im with good friends we might talk crap or how lame the movie was... yea, we can be annoying at times in large groups. for the most part though, i go with my girlfriend and on say under my breath "nice!" or "omg that was cool" or something.. <.<'

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Do you talk in the movies?