Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Profiling Based on Your Beverage

Robo Jesus
Your Mechanical Messiah

Member 1543

Level 15.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 07:39 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 05:39 PM #51 of 57
I've profiled peoples basic personalities based off of how the drive, such as how often they hit the brake, whether or not they're going over or under the speed limit, or how much distance they put between themselves and the cars in front of them. These things for example can tell me how confident the person is, plus basic things about how they approach things in life.

No, the problem isn't the fact that the majority of people profile other peoples personalities off of seemingly random bits of information. The problem is the people who profile are either wrong the majority of the time, or that they're right and hit on things about the person which feels hurtful to that person.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
"You can't win, Pilate. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."-Jesus
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 01:02 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 02:32 PM #52 of 57
Originally Posted by Shin
So yeah, I have no time for anyone who labels people by what they drink. If you do it, you're clearly an insecure fuck who's probably uncomforatble with their own sexuality or completely lacking in any form of social skills thereby forcing you to do anything you can to fit in and stop everyone realising what a loser you are and jogging you on.
The Best Statement On This Thread, Hands Down!!!!!!

I try my best not to stereotype anybody based on clothes, music, and etc, but unfortunately it does happen on my part. To me I don't really form a concrete opinion about a person until I actually talk to them and get to know them for the person they truly are.

In terms of the whole alcohol thing, I tend to drink alcohol based on taste alone, I never drink to get a buzz on or drunk. To me I drink whatever I feel that tastes good and I do drink quite a few liquers. I honestly drink quite a few alcoholic things; everything from beer to the odd cocktail or two.

I get a lot of hell from my guy friends when I drink grasshoppers (creme de menthe and milk) they say why are you drinking that girly drink and to me its just a simple response that it tastes good. I even invent my own drinks such as mixing zambuca with 7-up and I've yet to find anyone that has made that concoction, but yet I drink it because it tastes good.

I just personally think profiling someone on what they drink is incredibly stupid. To be honest the only type of profiling I've heard in terms of drinking alcohol is that guys shouldn't drink cocktails or girly drinks. I hear that from a lot of my guy friends especially when I was in university.

Its just drink what you like, and what you enjoy and if people deep down have to profile you because of it then they're not really forming a valid interpretation of the kind of person you are and probably even aren't worth your time.

I don't personally care about how many puzzle pieces fit into a person's lifestyle to judge a person on these puzzle pieces alone, is a cruel way to form an opinion/judgement on someone. Unfortunately it does happen.

Instead of assuming that someone is a certain way because of what they drink, if you want to be so sure of yourself have the courage to say it to their face. Then see what kind of reaction you'll get.

Most amazing jew boots
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 01:23 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 11:23 AM #53 of 57
Besides this whole alcohol theme this thread has had, I was thinking of how someone appears when they're drinking a diet drink. Usually if it's someone morbidly obsese who just ordered a double cheeseburger, an extra side of fries and an apple pie a la mode, and then a diet coke, it just seems really ridiculous to me, even more so if they just ordered a normal drink.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Star Man Aevum
DWN037

Member 1020

Level 8.68

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 02:38 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 12:38 PM #54 of 57
Originally Posted by Dullenplain
Designated driver or Mormon.
Humanist, but thanks for trying.

Being designated driver isn't fun and I'm glad I've only had to do it twice. I'm also glad the girl in the back seat took the time to roll down the window then let herself go. I would much rather wash dried vomit from the side of my door than from the car seats.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 06:16 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 04:16 PM #55 of 57
Originally Posted by Qube
I've never understood the whole "chick drink" think. I mean fuck, a beer typically has 5% alcohol. A smirnoff vodka cooler, of any variety, has 7%. I dunno, that sounds more potent to me. ;p
You've never had a Karl Strauss Red Trolley, have you?

FELIPE NO
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 06:23 PM #56 of 57
I'll drink anything, even bitch brews if the sixer costed more then 6-7 bucks. The only alcohol that i refuse to consume is cheap rot-gut like 211, Busch, Coors, and Budweiser. Lately i've been drinking alot of Dogfishhead 120, Sierra nevada IPA, various trappists, Anchor Steam and Newcastle (Mainly because it has that tea taste to it, and that is good for summer weather ).

How ya doing, buddy?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 06:35 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 04:35 PM #57 of 57
Dogfish Head 120 is awesome. It has a good hearty finish like the Rogue IPA. I'm thinking my next keg is going to be either that or a K.S. Stargazer IPA.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Profiling Based on Your Beverage