Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Need a couple of things…

Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 05:04 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 11:04 PM #1 of 8
Need a couple of things…

My younger sister has a habit of not doing what she’s supposed to on the internet, and I have taken it upon myself to make sure that she can no longer get up to no good. She also goes routing through the C: drive, and tends to mess about with stuff that she has no idea about. So I think that the following things will help stop her doing no good.

First I need a program that can block specific websites. It has to be easy to use, password protected and most importantly, FREE.

I also need a program that can record the internet history of any user on a multi-user PC showing the website visited and at what time. This will help me to block the websites most used.
It would also be nice to have something that tells me how long a user has been online.

And finally, I need a way of making an area permanently ‘Limited’. So that the person with the limited area can not change it back to ‘Administrator’.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 05:05 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 12:05 AM #2 of 8
http://www.netnanny.com/ Use it, crack it, enjoy.

User History is logged, right?

Third problem - no idea.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 05:12 PM #3 of 8
Uh, if you create a user that isn't an Administrator, the only way they could make themselves an Administrator is if they had the password of another administrator on the computer.

edit: Scratch that, if you create a "limited" user (or just a normal user,) they cannot make themselves an Administrator. And in order to do things that requires an administrator account, they will probably be passworded or denied.

User privliges are such an easy and powerful thing to use. Make use of them to protect folders and files.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Little Shithead; Apr 21, 2006 at 05:18 PM.
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 05:35 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 11:35 PM #4 of 8
Originally Posted by a_bcdefgrawl
http://www.netnanny.com/ Use it, crack it, enjoy.
Downloaded now. I'll give it a try once i find a crack for it.

Originally Posted by a_cat_is_fine_too
Uh, if you create a user that isn't an Administrator, the only way they could make themselves an Administrator is if they had the password of another administrator on the computer.

edit: Scratch that, if you create a "limited" user (or just a normal user,) they cannot make themselves an Administrator. And in order to do things that requires an administrator account, they will probably be passworded or denied.

User privliges are such an easy and powerful thing to use. Make use of them to protect folders and files.
The main problem being that it's my parents PC and they don't have a password for their area so she can keep changing her area back to 'Administrator'. I guess i could try and persuade my parents to set up a password on their account.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 08:23 PM #5 of 8
Originally Posted by Domino
The main problem being that it's my parents PC and they don't have a password for their area so she can keep changing her area back to 'Administrator'. I guess i could try and persuade my parents to set up a password on their account.
If they can't bother to put a password on the administrator account, they don't deserve to be able to use it.

Password that shit.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:55 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 08:55 PM #6 of 8
Just make your parents power users. They won't see any difference unless they try to make system wide changes. It's not as restrictive as Limited User, so they should have elbow room to do what they usually do on the PC.
BTW Power user accounts can't be made through normal methods on Windows XP, you'll have to use the Computer Management tools located in the Administrative tools in both the Start Menu and Control Panel.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Kaiten; Apr 21, 2006 at 10:58 PM.
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:11 PM #7 of 8
Originally Posted by Kaiten
Just make your parents power users. They won't see any difference unless they try to make system wide changes. It's not as restrictive as Limited User, so they should have elbow room to do what they usually do on the PC.
BTW Power user accounts can't be made through normal methods on Windows XP, you'll have to use the Computer Management tools located in the Administrative tools in both the Start Menu and Control Panel.
But if he has XP Home, power users are pretty much impossible to create.

I'm only assuming he has XP Home based on the wider distribution of Home vs. Pro.

FELIPE NO
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 07:46 PM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 01:46 AM #8 of 8
Originally Posted by Kaiten
Thanks for that. I've not had any complaints about any changes so far, so i must have done something right.

The main reason for me digging up this thread is that i'm having trouble with:
a) finding a cracked netnanny
b) finding a cracked i-stealth (if you don't know what this is then have a look here. http://www.xirvsoftware.com/products.html

Can someone please point me in the right direction for these programs, cause' i'm not really sure where i'm meant to be looking.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Need a couple of things…