Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Superman Returns

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 04:51 PM #1 of 232
Wow, that looked great. I think this movie is going to be badass. Spacey as Luthor? Come on, that's unbeatable.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 07:32 PM #2 of 232
Routh is a fantastic Superman... At first, I wished they had cast Tom Welling from Smallville, but he's too much of a pretty boy. He's fantastic in Smallville, but for the movie, Routh is the man.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 11:24 AM #3 of 232
Here's my review of Superman Returns copied from my journal -

Fuck what Megalith said. Superman Returns was awesome. This movie gets my vote for movie of the summer so far. Everything about it was fantastic... Well, almost everything. Here are the few flaws-

- Brandon Routh simply isn't Christopher Reeve. He pulls off a fantastic Clark Kent, on par with Reeve, but he can't do Superman like the man himself. However, he is a great replacement.

- Margot Kidder never really thrilled me as Lois Lane, and Kate Bosworth didn't do anything for me either. So, like the previous installments, a lame Lane.

- Some continuity errors and plot holes between Superman 2 and this one. Spoilers-

Spoiler:
It seems like they threw out Lois's realization that Clark = Superman. My friend said that "she made herself forget," but that's something that wasn't shown clearly enough on screen if it is the explanation. Plus, who would forget something like that? I can understand if she moved on from Superman, but forgetting he's Clark? Come on now!

That's really it in terms of flaws. There's one big story twist I didn't see coming that I'm a bit shaky on-

Spoiler:
And that's Superman's kid of course. The entire time during that revelation I kept thinking of Brody in Mallrats saying how Lois could never carry Superman's child. While that's nothing more than fanboy speculation in a movie about comic book fanboys, it still brings up an interesting point. It also doesn't help with the big plothole I mentioned above.

Other than that, this movie is fantastic. It doesn't reach the levels of Batman Begins, but then again, I don't think any movie will for a long time. The only movie that has a shot at Batman's throne is Spider Man 3, and even that has some inherit flaws that it won't touch from Batman (Tobey Maguire as Spider Man. He does a great Peter Parker, but his Spider Man is basically Parker in a suit. No thanks!). Then again, we ARE getting Ghost Rider in February...

I was throughly impressed with everything this movie had to offer. Plenty of throwbacks to the originals, great performances (especially Spacey, GIANT improvement over Hackman), amazing effects, great cinematography, everything. It's everything a blockbuster should be.

Superman Returns - 9/10

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2006, 12:51 PM #4 of 232
Awesome post, acid. I agree with every single thing you said except for it being better than Batman Begins. Superman is just shy of the top spot, if you ask me. I personally feel that Batman Begins is just a much more beautifully crafted film than Superman. A few times in Superman, the CG is just LOLable, and it took me out of the film. For instance, in the beginning when he has his flashback of him jumping around, the shot of him hitting the weathervane.

This isn't a Batman thread, so I won't elaborate any further. Bravo on your post though.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Superman Returns