Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Sonic the Hedgehog - Mediocre Madness!!!

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 05:57 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 11:57 AM #1 of 65
Sonic isn't the same now. The Sonic Advance games are okay, but I wouldn't buy them. Sonic Rush is great, but Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Heroes, and Sonic Riders just don't interest me anymore.

I loved the ridiculous Sonic Adventure 2 ending. 20 minutes long, and all of that. I don't think Sega can capture what Sonic was on the Genesis via the DS, but Sonic Rush was impressive, and had a great soundtrack. I'd like to see a sequel to Rush or Adventure 2, but it's unlikely. The level design in most 3D Sonic games are terrible, and you're moving so fast that collecting rings is difficult.

I still haven't played Sonic CD, that's the only one I missed. I'd pick up Mega Collection 2, but it has CD and 2 other mediocre games.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:48 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 06:48 PM #2 of 65
Originally Posted by www.sega.co.jp
The last notable Sonic Game I'ed played is Sonic Adventure 2, which is the best post S3&K game imo. It just has the classic Sonic fell to it and finally lets us play as Robotnik. It seems as the DC died so did the excellence of the Sonic games...
Sonic Adventure 2 let you play as robotnik, and it was on the Dreamcast, too.

Most amazing jew boots
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:53 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 10:53 PM #3 of 65
Originally Posted by RABicle
Sonic games have always been horribly mediocre. You can't seriously consider the hold right and jump occasionally mechanics of the Mega Drive games to be decent. Every level was trial and error because you moved so fast that you'd never learn where the enemy, spikes, cliff was until you suffered it's effects. These were piss poor games and your hazy 8 year old, have never played a video game before, memories cloud you're judgement.
You can't memorize where enemies are in Sonic games because you're running too fast? It wasn't consisted entirely of "hold right, jump" when you look at Sonic 3/Knuckles. Your objective was to, you know, find the oversized rings and complete the 3D sphere levels in order to get the chaos emeralds.

It's great to have you back.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:08 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 11:08 PM #4 of 65

This guy.

It's also possible to run into an enemy accidentally or jump and diagonally kill yourself whilst landing on an enemy in Mario, too. I remember running into a few while running in Mario. It's not like you can't spindash in Sonic, that usually clears things up easily.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:54 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 04:54 PM #5 of 65
Originally Posted by www.sega.co.jp
If they focused more on Sonic doing what he does best (running damn fast and destroying robots), then chances are this thread wouldn't have been made. We need to be overwhelmed by glorious crazy fast action that the Sonic games use to have (at least if you were playng it right). Even DMC understands that better than the Sonic games do.
True. I mean, I liked Knuckles. He was pink/red and he had a bad ass attitude in Sonic 3. Everybody wanted to know how you could unlock and play as Knuckles, but alas it wasn't possible until Sonic 3 & Knuckles came along. Knuckles Chaotix was just stupid with the "attached via a short distance to an ally" thing, and it went downhill since then.

Sonic 3D wasn't great. I won't comment on CD as I haven't played it, but since they introduced Amy, Big, Cream, E29 and all of those characters, it just wasn't the same.

I think Sonic Adventure was a good game, and Sonic Adventure 2 was a good game. But for every good game which Sega makes, they turn around and make something eighty five hundred times more idiotic.

See what I mean. Sonic CD comes out, then some shit like Knuckles Chaotix comes out. Sonic Adventure comes out, then Sonic Heroes comes out. Adventure 2 comes out, and Shadow the Hedgehog comes out. I don't know if they're deliberately doing this, but it's fucking annoying.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 01:16 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:16 PM #6 of 65
Quote:
WHAT?! NO. YUJI YOU ARE FIRED. GIMME BACK MY BELOVED FRANCHISE.
Yeah, sadly it's true. Look at Sonic X. It has a generic "Robotnik launches robot attack on city, everyone panics, Sonic gets alerted, Sonic saves the day" routine to it. Plus, he has the greenest eyes I've ever seen.

Yuji compares Sonic to Pokemon, yet blatantly fails to notice that Sonic's only competition was Mario. On the plus side, if Sonic didn't exist, I'm sure Toejam and Earl would of been Genesis mascots.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:26 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 06:26 PM #7 of 65
Terrible. Since Sonic Adventure, the only worthwhile Sonic game is Sonic Rush.

The GBA games are reasonable, but I wouldn't say that they feel anything like the Megadrive titles.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Sonic the Hedgehog - Mediocre Madness!!!