Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Suikoden Club v7!

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 03:35 PM Local time: Jan 12, 2007, 01:35 PM #326 of 337
Good news
The other titles include new RPG and new Action/Adv. game for PS3. Also Grandia PS3,
You mean Gradius PS3. Grandia is Game Arts.

Basically, all this means for Suikoden fans is that "Unnamed RPG (PS3)" and "Unnamed RPG (Wii)" are still in development, and either could be Suikoden VI. Maybe neither. Who knows.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 05:52 PM #327 of 337
MGS4 is taking all of Konami's money.
I have purchased Suikoden 3 and 4, and can't wait for suikden6.

Havent started playing it, comparitively how is the story of part 3 and 4.
I like Suikoden 3 over 4, however they both rank below 5 in terms over quality. I only like 3 more so than 4 because:

1. It actually got really good once I started to get into it. The story, and fairly good characters helped save other bad aspects like the robotic animations and sketchy music.

2. 3 kept me interested long enough to complete it.

With Suikoden 4, it felt like the story lost all of its focus after the first few hours. The SoD that I was recruiting in the game didn't seem like they had a real purpose for being there. Lastly, I got really tired of the crappy sea travel, which is where the entire game is based for the most part. Overall, Suikoden 4 just didn't have a lasting impression on me.

Most amazing jew boots

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 08:23 PM #328 of 337
I actually liked 4 over 3. Even after all me bitching about the sea travel--it was fun when I got the hang of it. And I loved the Rune Cannon battles. They were actually fun. (I haven't played Tactics yet--so NO spoilers for me, 'kay?)

Granted, many of the SoDs seemed to be there just to fill the slots, but I think that can be said for all the games as well. I mean, did we really need Maximillian in both I and II? He was a source of continuity, to be sure, but I don't think he was necessary. And that continuity was carried in III, IV, and V.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 11:02 PM Local time: Jan 12, 2007, 10:02 PM #329 of 337
I actually liked 4 over 3. Even after all me bitching about the sea travel--it was fun when I got the hang of it. And I loved the Rune Cannon battles. They were actually fun. (I haven't played Tactics yet--so NO spoilers for me, 'kay?)

Granted, many of the SoDs seemed to be there just to fill the slots, but I think that can be said for all the games as well. I mean, did we really need Maximillian in both I and II? He was a source of continuity, to be sure, but I don't think he was necessary. And that continuity was carried in III, IV, and V.
Spoiler:
It's one of the worst tactical RPGs I've ever played when it comes to story

Read it Lek.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2007, 01:45 AM Local time: Jan 13, 2007, 11:45 AM #330 of 337
I read reviews at IGN and they are praising Suikoden3 story like mad.
Trinity system and blah blah.
Suikoden 5 SoDs had really nice backgrounds, not all of them ofcourse ,tackling 108 characters is big deal but even if 50 characers are rightly made with good meaty profile, i would be satisfied.

Generic badass: Yeah it should be Gradius, i copied the translation from french site, Jeux-france.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2007, 01:58 AM #331 of 337
Spoiler:
It's one of the worst tactical RPGs I've ever played when it comes to story

Read it Lek.
Which one? IV? or Tactics? I mentioned both, so I'm not sure, but I'll hedge my bets and say IV.

Can't really say I blame you there. In fact, I kind of agree with you.

Spoiler:
The most linear of the games, but sometimes it's nice to just play something "simple" once in a while. Helps relax the brain. Remember, I said the Rune Cannons were fun to play. They were. Although all the info for them was laid out in front of you to make the battles easier....

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2007, 01:27 PM Local time: Jan 13, 2007, 12:27 PM #332 of 337
No, no. Tactical RPG. Suiko Tactics. It's fucking awful.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Feb 6, 2007, 01:42 AM Local time: Feb 6, 2007, 01:42 AM #333 of 337
My review on SIV Tactics on the previous page is proof. I even fell asleep during it once.

I was speaking idiomatically.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 6, 2007, 01:45 AM Local time: Feb 6, 2007, 12:45 AM #334 of 337
My review on SIV Tactics on the previous page is proof. I even fell asleep during it once.
Absolutely horrid, I couldn't agree more.

Also, my decision about whether or not to buy into the next gen hinges largely on the fabled Suikoden VI. If it looks promising, I might pick up a (I imagine it will be here) Sony PS3, and if it looks like shit, I'm walking.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Feb 6, 2007, 01:53 AM Local time: Feb 6, 2007, 01:53 AM #335 of 337
I don't know if I can put down $500 and then $40-$50 for Suikoden VI. Just for Suikoden VI. I'd much rather rent (do they still do that?) both the PS3 and the game. Too expensive! Any hope with emulating it (psh)?

FELIPE NO
Densuke
Tenkai Star

Member 10916

Level 11.90

Aug 2006

Old Feb 9, 2007, 02:01 PM Local time: Feb 9, 2007, 08:01 PM #336 of 337
Hey guys, you think Konami will ever try producing a Suikoden spinoff for the PSP?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Wolfen
Crystal Hunter

Member 5956

Level 6.05

Apr 2006

Old Dec 13, 2007, 05:32 PM #337 of 337
I really hope I've come to the right place posting this...Anyhow, I picked up my Suikoden II playing, and when I sat there in the fight against the Silver Fox, I first remembered why I stopped playing (since I'm getting slaughtered by that thing) and soon I understood that I don't remember anything about what I need in order to kill it and how to fight it. Anyone who wants to help?
Silver Wolf... the final boss, right?
Haha, I actually had no idea it was the last boss...Thanks anyway!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
War, what is it all about? About who's right, or who's left?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Suikoden Club v7!