Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Street Fighter 4 - For some reason they're still putting in characters other than Ken

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2007, 11:47 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2007, 05:47 PM #26 of 514
Well, it's a pretty trailer, but definitely not in-game footage, so I wouldn't go assuming things yet.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2007, 04:18 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2007, 12:18 PM #27 of 514
wow wow wow.I'm waiting more than 7 years and my day is come now.I can't stop watching trailer,I kill my self if make it 3D

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2007, 05:03 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2007, 11:03 AM #28 of 514
I just pray to god that UDON is not involved.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2007, 07:17 AM #29 of 514

As for balance it could go either way. Like SF2 where everyone is 100% equal.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but SF2 is EXTREMELY unbalanced...

I was speaking idiomatically.
rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2007, 09:09 AM #30 of 514
well, i bet it is in 3d. why make it for next gen consoles if not?

you could just make it for ps2(lotta more users) and prob easier to develope

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2007, 10:09 AM #31 of 514
They haven't even said if it is a next-gen game. For all we know it may end up being an online distributed thing.

FELIPE NO
TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Oct 18, 2007, 10:35 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2007, 09:35 AM #32 of 514
Not to throw a wrench in the chain, but I'm hoping they have something completely original with this bad boy. Something that is 3D that feels exactly like the 2D, or something. I really think that the 3D fighter hasn't been perfected yet, and there has got to be a better way to make the gameplay like the 2D.

Anyways here's hoping that theyve got something so different and amazing it blows away all or expectations.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2007, 10:51 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2007, 09:51 AM #33 of 514
As long as the gameplay remains 2D, I could deal with 3D characters, although that would almost seem to defeat the purpose of having 3D to being with. I'm pretty easy if the end result isn't ugly.

I AM curious how similar it will be to previous games, though. It's being billed as a direct sequel so SF3, but Capcom tends to do something totally new with each series regardless of numbering. They'd do well to have more than a few recognizable characters, though. I think they realized this by Third Strike which is why Chun-Li suddenly showed up. Trimming some of the freaks would be good too - did the cast really need to be 50% wierd shit?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2007, 11:49 AM #34 of 514
If they are smart, it wont be in 3D, as thier only 3D games did not sell very well(The EX series).

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2007, 11:50 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2007, 10:50 AM #35 of 514
Ohhh, this was unexpected. But then again, it is the 20th anniversary of SF something big had to happen. Too bad they didn't show any actual ingame footage though, I really wonder how thus entry into the series is gonna play. I'm also hoping for the return of more SFA/SF2 characters.

I also wonder who's involved with this title...

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2007, 11:53 AM #36 of 514
If I had to guess. They're probably waiting to see how the Udon SF2 remake is revieved before choosing an art style. I don't actually know, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was their plan.

value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2007, 02:28 PM #37 of 514
As long as the gameplay remains 2D, I could deal with 3D characters, although that would almost seem to defeat the purpose of having 3D to being with.
Yoshi's Story, Kirby 64, Super Smash Bros, New Super Mario Bros, Tomba, Wario World, and others beg to differ.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2007, 02:55 PM #38 of 514
I'm most interested as well for the new characters and hopefully not just a graphical level up for existing recent characters, or at worst an amalgamation of past characters, gameplay systems and such with new rendering. With this I mean, how will the following progressions turn out:

Dhalsim -> Necro -> ???
Zangief -> Alex -> ???
Balrog -> Dudley -> ???
Guile -> Remy -> Remy :3

etc. Hopefully this new generation is lots of fun to work with as well

SuperDK
ROBO-KY!

Member 654

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2007, 03:30 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2007, 01:30 PM #39 of 514
Come on guys, Twelve was fuckin' awesome. LOW TIER FTW.

::loses all matches::

Anyway, its still surprising that there is going to be another SF. IIRC, Capcom has once said that they were going to stop making 2D fighters. I can't remember the specifics though, but with SF2HD and Sengoku Basara X, its probably untrue (the latter being made by Arcsys).

FELIPE NO
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2007, 04:32 PM #40 of 514
I'm most interested as well for the new characters and hopefully not just a graphical level up for existing recent characters, or at worst an amalgamation of past characters, gameplay systems and such with new rendering. With this I mean, how will the following progressions turn out:

Dhalsim -> Necro -> ???
Zangief -> Alex -> ???
Balrog -> Dudley -> ???
Guile -> Remy -> Remy :3

etc. Hopefully this new generation is lots of fun to work with as well

Actually, Zangief -> Hugo. I don't get the Dhalsim -> Necro thing though. All he has is semi long arms really. His moves are quite different.

Also for the people that keep complaining about the EX series, there was another little attempt by capcom to make a 3D fighting game with a 2D feel. It was these 2 games known as Rival Schools and Rival Schools: Project Justice. They were very succesful in the transition there IMO, so I have faith that they CAN pull it off. I still hope SF4 is 2D though. It could get even worse and we could see the sheer ugliness (Hello thar Rumble Fish!) that is cell shading in fighting games...

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2007, 05:10 PM #41 of 514
But that kind of goes to show that a 2D inspired game built from the ground up to be 3D can work (Rical Schools). Where translating the 2D gameplay straight to 3D doesn't work so well (EX series).

I'm interested to see how SNK's attempt at making KoF XII turns out. It really shouldn't be all that hard. Keep all the sizes and camera distances the same as the 2D game. Just make the models and levels 3D and then apply hand drawn textures. It can work. It's just a matter of how much a company invests in getting it right.

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2007, 05:32 PM #42 of 514

I'm interested to see how SNK's attempt at making KoF XII turns out. It really shouldn't be all that hard. Keep all the sizes and camera distances the same as the 2D game. Just make the models and levels 3D and then apply hand drawn textures. It can work. It's just a matter of how much a company invests in getting it right.
That's what SNK is planning to do. I'm not really sure how strong this TaitoX2-TYPE bullshit is supposed to be but I did play Rumble Fish. I won't be surprised if it looks anything like it. I remember someone posted an entry saying that they will make the "ultimate 2d fighter". They lied through their teeth by creating KOF:Neowave which was no different than KOF2K2 except for backgrounds done by atomiswave. KOF94Rebout was definately a remake but uhh..not the kind I expected O.o. I won't say much since there's no gameplay. This is why I'm glad that there are small time companies who still make fighting games like Arcana Hearts and Melty Blood.

So far the best 2d graphic fighter remains to be Fist of the North Star. Unless Sengoku X looks better.

Seeing Ryu and Ken fighting each other only proves that the population of SHOTOS hasn't decreased for shit.

SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2007, 07:07 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2007, 07:07 PM #43 of 514
We already know damn well that Ryu and Ken will have NOTHING changed for them. Every move will practically be the same. It's been that way since SSF2:TNC. Ryu gets the more powerful Hadouken while Ken gets the fired-up Shoryuken. Ryu's Tatsumaki (sp?) (Hurricane Kick) knocks them down in one hit while Ken's does like 4 or 5 hits. Ryu gets that all-powerful Shin Shoryuken as a 2nd super that eats up insane amounts of meter as well as two Hadouken super arts while Ken, well, has Shippu Jinrai Kyaku and 2 Shoryuken super arts..

Frankly, those 2, as good as Ken is (I mean it. Ryu sucked in all 3 SFIII games), need a break or at least a slight move changeup, maybe not in specials and super arts (well, maybe a little), but in basic attacks and combos.

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2007, 07:31 PM #44 of 514
I appreciate the 2d backgrounds done in nice pastels or paints over some 3d rendered ugly bullshit.
Also see: Marvel vs Capcom 2. Yeah, the backgrounds were 3D, but they were devoid of cameos and activity and were totally unrelated to the fighting. Fighting Jam was a cheap cash-in, but it has some of my favorite fighting game backgrounds since MvC 1 (now the sprites on the other hand...).

I'm predicting a trainwreck, but if they can get together something that plays like a 2D fighter and that's half as responsive/fun as Alpha 2, I'll be happy. If they give us the same ugly, laggy BS that was the Street Fighter EX's, I'll be pissed. Some Sakura is definitely needed for the main SF series too.

I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
PunyPeon
Chocobo

Member 17368

Level 9.15

Dec 2006

Old Oct 18, 2007, 07:40 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2007, 04:40 PM #45 of 514
I don't think Ryu and Ken need a make over or anything like that, they are the face of the SF series. What we know them as now, is what they will always be.

Most amazing jew boots
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2007, 02:31 AM Local time: Oct 19, 2007, 08:31 AM #46 of 514
They could make the graphics in 3d, then snapshot every move from the side, 60 times per second, and store it as 2d data.

No way in hell they are making a hi-res, high animation street fighter in a year if they just started working on it.

Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2007, 08:37 AM #47 of 514
We already know damn well that Ryu and Ken will have NOTHING changed for them. Every move will practically be the same. It's been that way since SSF2:TNC. Ryu gets the more powerful Hadouken while Ken gets the fired-up Shoryuken. Ryu's Tatsumaki (sp?) (Hurricane Kick) knocks them down in one hit while Ken's does like 4 or 5 hits. Ryu gets that all-powerful Shin Shoryuken as a 2nd super that eats up insane amounts of meter as well as two Hadouken super arts while Ken, well, has Shippu Jinrai Kyaku and 2 Shoryuken super arts..

Frankly, those 2, as good as Ken is (I mean it. Ryu sucked in all 3 SFIII games), need a break or at least a slight move changeup, maybe not in specials and super arts (well, maybe a little), but in basic attacks and combos.
I wouldn't say Ryu sucked, but he was more average when roster comparison is used. He's pretty much the Tekken 5/DR Jin of SF3. xD

FELIPE NO
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2007, 09:04 AM #48 of 514
@evilboris
There's two things wrong with that theory. First they have not said how far along they are with the game. Second they also have not given a release window, year, or console.

The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Oct 19, 2007, 10:48 AM Local time: Oct 19, 2007, 03:48 PM #49 of 514
I'm betting it will be 2.5D, development has only just started. I wouldnt mind them using 3D models and keeping it in a 2D perpective. But the whole theme with the ink suggests its pure 2D maybe 3D special effects, but its going to be a work of art.

Reminds me of Capcom's Okami

cant wait!

Xbox360 Desktop Wallpapers | My DeviantART | XboxLive Gamertag: Don Barracuda

Last edited by The Furious One; Oct 19, 2007 at 10:53 AM.
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2007, 12:57 PM Local time: Oct 19, 2007, 11:57 AM #50 of 514
uh no

they're called 2.5D games for a reason

fucking watch a youtube video or something
Bubs, you make less sense every day.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Street Fighter 4 - For some reason they're still putting in characters other than Ken