Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Devil May Cry 4

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 03:22 AM #101 of 321
Gametrailers has quite a few trailers up:

Enjoy

I was speaking idiomatically.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 03:28 AM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 02:28 AM #102 of 321
Some gameplay footage, the moving of the camera seens much more fluid. A short clip of the boss battle against that fiery boss, Balrog if you will, who can destroys homes with just a swing of his sword (noticeable slow down during the fight though). Plus the TGS trailer, which you can actually make out the sound, music and voices.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 03:31 AM #103 of 321
BTW, the fire boss' name is Variel. He looks like a mixture between Balrog and Beowulf from DMC3.

FELIPE NO

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 03:53 AM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 02:53 AM #104 of 321
Variel, eh? Guessing it's probably a name from Dante's Inferno, or some other mythology.

BTW, from the TGS trailers, it sounds like the games theme song has operatic vocals with rock.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 08:43 AM #105 of 321
It's more then likely going to be done by the same people that did the DMC3 music (which was awesome) based on the sound of the DMC4 music I've heard.

Also the graphics are frick'n amazing, which makes the PS3 worth the money I'm paying, more so then my 360... what a waste.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zukan
Carob Nut

Member 1321

Level 5.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 09:23 AM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 04:23 PM #106 of 321
I REALLY like the sound of the music in that trailer. It's one of those things I'm always looking forward to whenever a new DMC game is announced.
Graphics were a bit hard to make out from the off-screen footage but like many of you said, the animations are top-class. And from the looks of it, the cinematics are going to be more than awesome, which is great concidering they're going to play a much bigger role in this game.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Chankoro?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 11:36 AM #107 of 321
Here's a small direct feed video of the game, without sound though.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/6178

DMC4 gifs:

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Sep 22, 2006 at 11:44 AM.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 11:49 AM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 09:49 AM #108 of 321
I am reminded of Kung-Fu Hustle when I look at that first GIF.

I'm impressed with the lighting and particle effects, but the surroundings themselves look really bland. I hope to see some more varied environments, at least.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 11:57 AM #109 of 321
Here's some more. One of the flame boss, Variel with his flame whip destroying a house and another with Dante making his dramatic entry:

Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 12:45 PM #110 of 321
Generic Badass: If you watch the 2 gameplay trailers at gametrailers.com you'll be able to see the detail in the enviroment alot easier. And in my opinion everything looks solid and amazing, the FPS could use an improvement, but taken from other Capcom titles like RE4 and Dead Rising, framerate is the last thing Capcom does, and it usually turns out well.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 03:26 PM #111 of 321
is it me or the Nero sword is like a gunblade? in the trailer you kind of see hom pierce a monster and twist the handle and you kind fo hear like a gun shot sound.

anyway that look so awesome! can't wait to see a direct feed of that trailer in HD XD

FELIPE NO
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 03:41 PM #112 of 321
Originally Posted by Slayer X
Generic Badass: If you watch the 2 gameplay trailers at gametrailers.com you'll be able to see the detail in the enviroment alot easier. And in my opinion everything looks solid and amazing, the FPS could use an improvement, but taken from other Capcom titles like RE4 and Dead Rising, framerate is the last thing Capcom does, and it usually turns out well.
The demo is running at 60fps but I mean if it dips here and there that's still not bad for a demo to a game only 5% complete and over a year away. Capcom did say though that they can render DMC4 at 100fps on the PS3.

Most amazing jew boots
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 03:50 PM #113 of 321
I don't see why people though nero was virgil o_0
Anyways I just saw the trailer. Action looks really awsome especially with that gunblade put into play.
Still looks like the same dmc action as the previous games exept with better graphics and such. I hope they bring a new system like they did with dmc3 style to put in some depth into it.

How ya doing, buddy?

New Record!
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 04:00 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 04:00 PM #114 of 321
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Why is his shadow going towards the big flame monster? FOR SHAME CAPCOM.

i'm still buying it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 04:01 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 01:01 PM #115 of 321
Originally Posted by Shenlon
I don't see why people though nero was virgil o_0
Anyways I just saw the trailer. Action looks really awsome especially with that gunblade put into play.
Nero Angelo was the name Vergil assumed when he was under Mundus' control in Devil May Cry 1.

Random guy (Nero) has trademark white hair. Too coincidental, even for Capcom.

Nero wears a mostly blue outfit.

He might not be Vergil but a remnant of him (like ...eugh, Kadaj from FF: AC) or his arm could be Vergil's spirit, hence his obsession with power.

Other than that, yeah, I can't imagine why anybody would assume Nero's Vergil.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 05:12 PM #116 of 321
Originally Posted by Kurado
Nero Angelo was the name Vergil assumed when he was under Mundus' control in Devil May Cry 1.
This is after DMC1. Nero Angelo is dead.

Quote:
Random guy (Nero) has trademark white hair. Too coincidental, even for Capcom.
This has been adamantly denied by Capcom and Kobayashi himself. Nero =/= Vergil. He mentioned Vergil plays a part in the story, but not that the new guy is some sort of reincarnation.

Quote:
Nero wears a mostly blue outfit.
His uniform is mostly red with what looks like a dark blue vest and some dark colors elsewhere. Nonetheless, his entire doesn't look anything like Vergil's.

Quote:
He might not be Vergil but a remnant of him (like ...eugh, Kadaj from FF: AC) or his arm could be Vergil's spirit, hence his obsession with power.

Other than that, yeah, I can't imagine why anybody would assume Nero's Vergil.
Your first guess is probably what's going to happen. The order he belonged to managed to get ahold of Vergil's piece of the amulet, Dante slaughtered them looking for it and Nero got a hold of it and something happened. Before he gets the demon arm, it's broken. So maybe he uses it's power to fix it and it heals him?

Most amazing jew boots

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 06:35 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 03:35 PM #117 of 321
Saying Nero Angelo is dead is like telling Capcom Zero died for reals. I know it's very likely, but it's very possible for Vergil to be Zero Positive.

He wears red beneath the dark blue jacket. In earlier scans I thought the colors were reversed, but after watching the TGS trailer I've found that that's not the case. Different shade, yeah, but still blue.

I heard about Capcom/Kobayashi denying rumors that Nero is Vergil. I was actually just answering whatshisface's question about 'WHY' people keep thinking he's Vergil. It'd be nice if Verg returned, but for now I'm satisfied with just the Ocelot thing going on right now.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 06:44 PM #118 of 321
Originally Posted by Kurado
Saying Nero Angelo is dead is like telling Capcom Zero died for reals. I know it's very likely, but it's very possible for Vergil to be Zero Positive.

He wears red beneath the dark blue jacket. In earlier scans I thought the colors were reversed, but after watching the TGS trailer I've found that that's not the case. Different shade, yeah, but still blue.

I heard about Capcom/Kobayashi denying rumors that Nero is Vergil. I was actually just answering whatshisface's question about 'WHY' people keep thinking he's Vergil. It'd be nice if Verg returned, but for now I'm satisfied with just the Ocelot thing going on right now.
Aye, I don't mind the hand at all since it'll probably lead us into an interesting direction. Will it take over Nero? What will it's desires mean for Dante? Etc..

BTW, his jacket is red, but everything else underneath it is either red or dark red (or black). That's why people confused him more with Dante than Vergil at first.

How ya doing, buddy?

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 06:49 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 03:49 PM #119 of 321
Oh, really (on the color of his jacket)?

...Fuck me tenderly, I think you're right. I guess wearing my glasses is something I should've considered doing today.

Also, is there ANY way I can play Region 2 DVDs on my PS2? I'm thinking of ordering one of those Sound DVDs Capcom's released. I already have Sacred Heart (ordered it at gkworld.com), but I want Raise the Dead and the new Trinity of Fates DVD.

FELIPE NO
Torte
Vampire Killer

Member 4126

Level 15.25

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 07:18 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 12:18 PM #120 of 321
Just watched the 2 IGN trailers too. Graphics are as good as it gets for the style of gameplay presented I reckon. More effects could really spruce it up a bit more, but overall everything is finally crisp & clear! It looks just like a visual upgrade of DMC3 but that's enough for me; tis what I like about the franchise anywho. I just hope the platforming sections don't appear too out of place.

A modchipped ps2 can run region-free. And I think there are special discs placed prior which allow it too. Sorry, not too knowlegdeable here.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 07:25 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 04:25 PM #121 of 321
I have a HD on my PS2 with an HDloader. Will that allow me to BURN the dvd to my PS2 and play it from there? I haven't heard of such a procedure but it seems kind of possible.

Kinda..?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Torte
Vampire Killer

Member 4126

Level 15.25

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 09:01 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 02:01 PM #122 of 321
Yeah that works, one of my mates does that. I think you just burn the image onto your HDD and run it from there.

How ya doing, buddy?
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 09:11 PM #123 of 321
The official site now has the trailer up:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/devil4/main.html

Take not but it seems both Dante and Vergil's VAs from DMC3 are heard in the trailer along with the actor voicing Nero...

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 09:27 PM #124 of 321
I just saw the trailer from the website and just notice that when Nero fight Dante, Nera has his "arm in plaster"(I'm not sure if it's the good expression in english)

and he say something like: now I know this hand was made to send back guys like you back to hell!
and Dante say something like : Return it to me and I'll let you go.

So I think the arm thing might be about Vergil and Dante want it back.

but anyone feel weird about Dante? he really seem to be the bad guy, I don't know his attitude is kind of different then in the other dmc...

anyway still look awesome and can I say that I love that opera song! ^^

and I hope there will be a girl as badass as Lady was or Trish ^^

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 09:28 PM #125 of 321
Dante = Same VA from DMC3, deeper voice now

Nero = Johnny Yong Bosch

Vergil's VA is also heard intermittently throughout the trailer.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Devil May Cry 4