Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Poser 1.0 in Classic MacOS

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2007, 03:56 PM #1 of 3
Poser 1.0 in Classic MacOS

I picked up a copy of Poser 1.0 at a thrift store today, and while it installed properly and allowed me to enter the provided serial number, it won't actually run. The splash screen shows, but hitting any button or leaving it be leads the program to quit automatically.

I'm using MacOS 10.3.9, which means that Poser is running in the Classic environment. This isn't a problem for any other similarly aged software I've ever tried to run.

Suggestions?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2007, 04:09 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2007, 01:09 PM #2 of 3
Classic runs a lot of programs (bless its heart <3), but it's not perfect, so there are some pesky programs that it won't run. It might unfortunately be that Poser 1.0 is one of them. (There are some awesome older games I've wanted to play that don't work, like Museum Madness and Zoop. )

The fastest way to figure out if that's the problem would be if you have a computer running 9.0 or earlier natively to try it out on, but I realize that that's not particularly a common thing these days to have lying around. Otherwise, you might try running it on BasiliskII (a 68K Mac emulator) or SheepShaver (a PowerPC Mac emulator), but you'll have to have a copy of an older Mac OS ROM and OS handy.

How ya doing, buddy?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2007, 04:23 PM #3 of 3
Classic runs a lot of programs (bless its heart <3), but it's not perfect, so there are some pesky programs that it won't run. It might unfortunately be that Poser 1.0 is one of them. (There are some awesome older games I've wanted to play that don't work, like Museum Madness and Zoop. )

The fastest way to figure out if that's the problem would be if you have a computer running 9.0 or earlier natively to try it out on, but I realize that that's not particularly a common thing these days to have lying around. Otherwise, you might try running it on BasiliskII (a 68K Mac emulator) or SheepShaver (a PowerPC Mac emulator), but you'll have to have a copy of an older Mac OS ROM and OS handy.
Hm, it just so happens that I do have my old iBook at home. Of course, if it runs, it just proves that Classic is blindsided here

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Poser 1.0 in Classic MacOS