Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Rant] Bullshit gaming, you know how it is.

Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:22 PM Local time: Jun 12, 2010, 10:22 AM #1 of 56
Additional Spam:

No, the guy in the drydocked boat only told you about the four islands and gave you a lucky rabbit's foot if you clicked where it sat on his table. The rabbit's foot was used soon after for getting past the sense gnomes. But even if you didn't have it, the book allowed you to teleport out of that trap so you could find the solution.

I've never run across anything that absolutely spoiled KQ6, though missing certain things did divert you into the lesser ending. You had to make it rain on the secret island if you wished to progress to the best ending and that took a decent bit of preparation.
I honestly think that if there is any game/ are any series of games that should be excluded from this topic, if not marked by a sort of determining asterisk, is/are King's Quest. In my opinion, the entire structure of these games was based on seeking out and accomplishing every possible angle, which included collecting every item and interacting with (almost) every character in the game at least once. And more often than not this was the case on the first play through of the games. I think what Sierra was going for
was trying to make the most immersive, "thought-required" games of their respective times, with resounding success. The result of this in the first 4 games was the points system. The only way to get ALL the points and truly beat the game was to pick up every neccessary item, and perform every neccessary task, almost always in a certain sequence. Annoying, yes, but it also made for some of the best replay value of all time .

Oh and let me just add: Thank god for the walkthrough books, without which KQ3 would be competely unbeatbable.

Cheers.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Rant] Bullshit gaming, you know how it is.