Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Holiday comes, what to do?

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 04:49 AM Local time: May 25, 2006, 04:49 PM #1 of 14
Cool Holiday comes, what to do?

Hi guys, just today holiday come for me at last. This tiring semester finally comes to end and I wont have anything to do until august. Do you have suggestion what should I do to kill my time? I personally have some project to do in this free time like finishing my WIP novel or improving my japanese skill by navigating japanese webpages. Other than that, I dont really have much things to do.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Syndrome
Esper

Member 211

Level 19.79

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 05:08 AM Local time: May 25, 2006, 12:08 PM #2 of 14
Originally Posted by eriol
improving my japanese skill by navigating japanese webpages.

Anyhow, work? If you work for a month or two, you'll have a nice stash of cash when school starts afterwards

How ya doing, buddy?

eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 05:26 AM Local time: May 25, 2006, 05:26 PM #3 of 14
It's hard to find part time job here sadly. I have plan to write articles for local newspaper though, since I love writing and analyzing international politic. The chance of being published is small, but gotta try right?

Most amazing jew boots
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Vivace119
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1279

Level 21.27

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 08:43 AM Local time: May 25, 2006, 02:43 PM #4 of 14
Do you play VGs at all? Playing through Deus Ex (original) should keep you occupied and entertained. It's such a great game.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 09:11 AM Local time: May 25, 2006, 09:11 PM #5 of 14
The problem is my laptop only Pentium III 1 Ghz. I dont think it's powerful enough to play heavy games like that. Do you have any recommendation of old games that dont need much high-end processor but still enjoyable?:doh:

I was speaking idiomatically.

Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 10:45 AM Local time: May 25, 2006, 07:45 AM #6 of 14
Get a job or intern? Well if you're in college.

High school? Take summer school or something. My high school pretty much required summer school if were taking AP/IB or wanted an easy schedule.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Dance party!
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 11:15 AM #7 of 14
1Ghz is quite sufficient to play the original Deus Ex, and it's a FANTASTIC game.

My top choice would be a job. It's working out great for me so far, especially since I live close enough to my college to just keep working my programming job (pays a lot better than McDonald's, that's for sure) over the summer. Barring that, get a hobby. Photography's great fun, there's biking, running, and what have you. Or learn a musical instrument or something.

FELIPE NO
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 01:02 PM #8 of 14
You'd best get a job soon! I've been looking for a month straight (yes, it's hard here too) and I've finally gotten a call back. Look in all the papers' career sections, walk around town, and mooch ANY connections for what they're worth, and hopefully you'll get something.

As for laptop gaming, do yourself a favour and grab Jetpack, and then blast away hours trying to create lethal levels with the editor.

I use the time to get loaded up with lots of anime series and then watching them all.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 01:32 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 10:32 AM #9 of 14
I suggest finding some part-time work as well. It's a good way to spend the summer if you have nothing else to do. I worked last summer and I found it more interesting than staying at home. I'll be going on a trip this summer and when I return, I have some extra classes to take.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Syndrome
Esper

Member 211

Level 19.79

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 03:21 AM Local time: May 26, 2006, 10:21 AM #10 of 14
It doesn't seem like I'll get a job this year (fuck), so I have to spend the summer doing something else. I've thought about exercising and trying to lose some weight, since I never have time with such during school.

Most amazing jew boots

Calculusaurus
hello

Member 783

Level 7.21

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 12:05 PM Local time: May 27, 2006, 02:05 AM #11 of 14
Originally Posted by Syndrome
It doesn't seem like I'll get a job this year (fuck), so I have to spend the summer doing something else. I've thought about exercising and trying to lose some weight, since I never have time with such during school.
Ditto. Finding time to exercise is hard during school, but it's really rewarding when you do.

I've been going to the gym since summer started. It's a good way to kill some time.

Most amazing jew boots
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 12:25 PM Local time: May 27, 2006, 12:25 AM #12 of 14
Honestly I dont like idea of going to gym and building some six pack for your body. I dont like routinity, all of your effort will be waste if you stop exercising the fat.

Well, many of my friends do and their body becomes some men's health model cover for quite time. But after they get busy and dont have time to exercise, their body turns into lump of fat. I'm grateful that I'm skinny.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 02:44 PM Local time: May 26, 2006, 02:44 PM #13 of 14
I wouldn't say all effort is wasted if you work out. It's much better than being a couch potato! It's more than just physical appearance; your body and mind benefits as well.

I would also suggest work. It's good experience (hopefully), good stuff to put on your resume instead of just education, and you get extra cash.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Calculusaurus
hello

Member 783

Level 7.21

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 02:46 AM Local time: May 27, 2006, 04:46 PM #14 of 14
Originally Posted by eriol
Honestly I dont like idea of going to gym and building some six pack for your body. I dont like routinity, all of your effort will be waste if you stop exercising the fat.

Well, many of my friends do and their body becomes some men's health model cover for quite time. But after they get busy and dont have time to exercise, their body turns into lump of fat. I'm grateful that I'm skinny.
It's not a waste at all!

For me, it's not about appearance, but about health. Even though I'm young and healthy, I'd like to make a lifetime habbit of exercising. This way, I'll simply live a longer, healthier life.

Exercising also has other benefits aside from appearance and physical health; it affects your mental health too. It simply makes you feel good and it raises your self-esteem yadda yadda...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Holiday comes, what to do?