Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The most annoying thing, heard on a commercial

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 09:00 AM Local time: May 21, 2006, 02:00 PM #26 of 37
I hate all of those insurance ads that have been airing on terrestrial TV for nealy a decade now. You know, mainly the one with the woman in the petrol station driving off in the car and her boyfriend running after it saying "don't you want me, baby?"

Of course, you'd have to be British to suffer this.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Avan
This image cannot, shall not, and probably never will be displayed.

Member 1355

Level 8.23

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 10:58 AM Local time: May 21, 2006, 11:58 PM #27 of 37
None of you get Malaysian TV, do you?

One day I'll upload something from our local channels.

Dear God, maybe I'd better not...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 06:45 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 12:45 AM #28 of 37
Originally Posted by Krelian
I hate all of those insurance ads that have been airing on terrestrial TV for nealy a decade now. You know, mainly the one with the woman in the petrol station driving off in the car and her boyfriend running after it saying "don't you want me, baby?"

Of course, you'd have to be British to suffer this.
Yeah, that ad is annoying. I hate all the insurance ads, there is way too many of them.
I also hate those god damn dating ads as well.

"send text to #number# and "chat" with people in your area"

If i want to bankrupt, yeah sure, but i don't so go away.
They keep repeating the same 3 ads as well on the same channel with at least 2 repeats per ad break.
If i'm watching a film on said channel, then after the third ad i feel like putting my fist through the tv.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 07:19 PM #29 of 37
No commercial compares in the level of hurl and horror as AFN commercials overseas. Anyone who's seen those knows exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm not a drinker, so it doesn't help when 99% of commercial breaks during the NBA Playoffs show this lame commercial of different shots and poses of a bottle of Heineken while playing the song "Don't You Wish Your Girlfriend Was Hot Like Me". I don't really like the song either, even before they seared this commercial on my mind through needless repetition.

Few things in my mind, however, are anywhere near as obnoxious as that song on Vonage(?) commercials with the whole "Woo-hoo, woo hoo hoo" over and over and OVER again. It makes me wanna find the guy and punch him in the face so he'll shut up.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Tek2000
NOT AVAILABLE

Member 1641

Level 10.58

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 07:45 PM #30 of 37
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Ovain
How is one movie soppose to be the #1 movie in America when he said that for another one???!!!
That's because those films only can compete against themselves...so, obviously, they're #1 in a competition where there is exactly one competitor.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Ovain
Deathwalker

Member 1197

Level 1.34

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 07:50 AM #31 of 37
(SOLDIER)..(You know that Skittles commercial with the guy who has a moving beard?
Grosses me out every time they play it.)

ahahahahaha yea, that Skittles commercail... I thought it was funny AND stupid, like thier not even trying to sale the shit...

FELIPE NO
Had paradise and trashed it all, cast out from heaven, now you fall.

Last edited by Ovain; May 22, 2006 at 07:53 AM.
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 06:51 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 12:51 AM #32 of 37
I almost forgot this one, i was watching TV today and that bloody crazy frog appeared.
If you have had the misfortune of hearing this thing that you know how annoying it can get.
It was worse a few month ago, it was all the channels all the time, but it is still annoying as ever.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Goubot
Chocobo

Member 4134

Level 9.65

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 08:10 AM #33 of 37
I don't actually watch commercials most of the time, so the only real way for a commercial to annoy me is if it has an annoying tune. Wanna Fanta and those car commercials that played 5,6,7,8's Woo Hoo's come to mind.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
electric_eye
PIMPLE

Member 7372

Level 18.98

May 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 07:55 AM Local time: May 25, 2006, 01:55 PM #34 of 37
Originally Posted by Domino
I almost forgot this one, i was watching TV today and that bloody crazy frog appeared.
If you have had the misfortune of hearing this thing that you know how annoying it can get.
It was worse a few month ago, it was all the channels all the time, but it is still annoying as ever.
That is the most distasteful thing ever, can't stand the types who had that as a ringtone.

I find commercials promoting new mainstream music albums annoying. "<insert modern music act> IS the new voice of 2006". That upsets me. Also when magazine quotes of the album are read out that too does my head in.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 02:12 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 11:12 AM #35 of 37
Right now the Family Guy commercial on Adult Swim where Peter's in prison and they make him strip and sing the Milkshake Song makes me furious. There's really no need to rewind it and hear it again. And again.

Most amazing jew boots
nanashiusako
Good Chocobo

Member 4749

Level 17.91

Apr 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 10:42 AM #36 of 37
The McDonalds commercials whre they show the kids being active and Ronald picking an apple to toss to the kids. How phony is THAT? McDonalds is pathetic...

Most amazing jew boots
Star Man Aevum
DWN037

Member 1020

Level 8.68

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 01:25 PM Local time: May 26, 2006, 11:25 AM #37 of 37
Tampon commercials should go. I don't think a single woman on this planet likes to be reminded about them on television.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > The most annoying thing, heard on a commercial