Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Album Comments

Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 02:15 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 09:15 PM #1 of 6
Album Comments

I know I've brought this up before, but since nothing happened, although there were some people agreeing with me, I'd like to raise the issue again.

IMO, The Album comments forums are useless. The threads suffer from a too strict pattern, they don't get the spotlight that they deserve, and generally just no one seems to care. The description doesn't help either, saying that it's only used for GAME music discussion.

The anime music forum is the worst, with only 7 posts. I know Blah put some pressure on staff to get it, but even he should realize that 7 posts in a few weeks isn't really worth it's own forum. It would be better to move all the threads to Animespot, make a sticky that explains how you should make a thread concerning album comments.

The "Other" music isn't much better. Most of the activity is generated by the Music Exposure Club, counting for 60% of all the posts. Some of the people who post in the thread have raised complaints that it doesn't get enough spotlight, and this could easily be solved by moving that specific thread to the Media Centre and making it a sticky. The other threads can also be moved there.

The game album comments forum is the most active. Moving all of this activity to the General Game Music Discussion may not be such a good idea, since it'll clutter up the forum, but Game Album Comments can easily be a subforum for General Game Music, just like the Quarter Bin is to the Media Centre (not enough posts for a real forum, but to much posts to be cluttered in the general one).

Any thoughts?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sol
resident

Member 1293

Level 12.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 02:33 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 12:33 PM #2 of 6
The game music subforum has a decent number of post, currently more than the PP or a few others. It could be allowed to live and be moved into the general video gaming forum where it's likely to get more attention since they're related subjects. Or general game music discussion, either would be sufficient.

The anime music subforum could be dissolved without much complaint, so long as an appropriate thread could be stickied in the animespot. Heaven forbid a half dozen people get offended if it gets removed.

The album comments forum itself could stay alive and be where people can post their reviews of mainstream music, allowing for movie soundtracks and music in general. With the music exposure club discussion there, it would probably help keep it active as a person could in one swoop post a question for a recommended CD to get, download it, listen, then review in the album comments.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 02:56 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 01:56 PM #3 of 6
Originally Posted by Sol
The game music subforum has a decent number of post, currently more than the PP or a few others.
Where did you learn how to count?

Anyways, the fun thing about album comments forums is that most people won't be inclined to make a thread about an album unless it was recently very recently, so over time it will possibly become more active. I don't frequently check the Other subforum, but I pre-wipe I did like to check it out occasionally, enough to make me opposed to its removal.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Sol
resident

Member 1293

Level 12.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 03:12 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 01:12 PM #4 of 6
Fuck, where was I looking? I meant threads.

:doh:

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 06:44 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 03:44 PM #5 of 6
I've always thought the Album Comments forum didn't get enough attention. However, in the current iteration of GFF, I started as a super moderator. Thus, I established guidelines in the Game Music sub-forum, as well as encouraged their use in the GGMD rules. Personally, I wouldn't mind splitting those sub-forums up and making them sub-forums of GGMD, Animespot, and Media Centre, respectively.

Does vB support redirect forums? If so, those would be very useful in organizing this. This method could provide a dual entry point for each sub-forum.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 06:56 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 07:56 AM #6 of 6
Originally Posted by Enkidu
The anime music forum is the worst, with only 7 posts. I know Blah put some pressure on staff to get it, but even he should realize that 7 posts in a few weeks isn't really worth it's own forum.
It used to be a subforum in Animespot, until Skate decided to merge it into the Album Comments forum. And you know how some people never even venture out of Animespot.

There's now a thread in Animespot concerning anime music in general, and people are actually posting in it, so I guess there's hope still. I'm all for restoring the subforum.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > Album Comments