Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] Trackmania Forever Edition

Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:37 AM Local time: Apr 19, 2008, 07:37 AM #1 of 2
Trackmania Forever Edition

Old Trackmania thread seems to have died in one of the crashes, so here's a new one to talk about the new update Nadeo just released.

This new updated, which added "Forever" onto the name, added a fair bit of content, and totally revamped the online networking and ranking systems.

One of the coolest things about this new update is that those of us that are willing to shell out $40 for United can now still play online multiplayer with all the cheapskates who only play Nations, as long as the server only plays tracks in the stadium environment.

For those of you that remember Nations ESCW, the forever version adds lots of new track pieces, including dirt track and water hazards, and also adds the option to race at evening or night. The solo challenges have all been overhauled as well.

The forever update also adds track parts and water to the Desert, Rally, and Snow environments, but that only affects owners of United.

Anyways, now for some media. Here's the new Nations Forever trailer:

YouTube Video
(better quality here)

Here's an example of the amount of detail you can put into the track editor if you really want to; this is a press forward track, all you do is hold the gas and watch what happens:

YouTube Video

Yes, that is the Batmobile from Batman Begins. You can download all sorts of custom skins for your car from the Trackmania Carpark.

Just a quick note, that track was made in Nations ESCW, so it doesn't contain any of the new track parts. I'm looking forward to seeing what the master trackmakers can do with the new ones.

And finally, if you decide to play, go to profile and join the Gamingforce group. It'll keep track of ranking just among us.

To access it, enter

Login: GFF
password: mparena

and hit the subscribe button. It should add you if I created the group right.

Edit: One important thing I forgot to mention. Starforce copy protection has tarnished the Trackmania name since the franchise started, but with this update Nadeo has come to its senses and gotten rid of Starforce. So now you can enjoy insane racing without worrying about never being able to burn a disc ever again.

Oh wait, one more slightly less important but also cool thing. Nations forever is available through Steam.

Roster:
(GFF name) - (TM name)

AniMechanic - T-Rev
Sparhawke - Sparhawke

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Animechanic; Apr 20, 2008 at 06:01 AM.
Sparhawke
Scientific progress goes Boink

Member 338

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2008, 04:12 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2008, 02:12 AM #2 of 2
I admit I downloaded this off steam because I saw it was free. I was surprised how addictive and "one more race" this game is. I've mostly been checking out the single player but the multi looks cool.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] Trackmania Forever Edition