Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2007, 10:21 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2007, 10:21 AM #1551 of 1941
Actually what made me entirely mad too now that I remember reading about black temple from the link is this.

Pallies/locks don't get a free/quested flying mount/special mount while the druid gets a questing for the epic flying form + 4g spend on a flyimg form.

That is what pissed me off.

FELIPE NO
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2007, 04:32 PM #1552 of 1941
Actually what made me entirely mad too now that I remember reading about black temple from the link is this.

Pallies/locks don't get a free/quested flying mount/special mount while the druid gets a questing for the epic flying form + 4g spend on a flyimg form.

That is what pissed me off.
On the other hand, druids never got an epic travel form through a quest/free so it does kind of balance out.

Most amazing jew boots

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 12:28 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2007, 12:28 AM #1553 of 1941
How does it balance it out? I'm just curious.

I mean a lock should have some sort of summon quest to do, cheaper of course, to get it like his/her dreadsteed for both flying mounts.

Maybe I'm just being selfish. :X

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 02:37 PM #1554 of 1941
Mind you even with druid's travel form they still needed to buy both mounts because the speed still didnt cut it. So the flying forms are more of their turn at free mounts.
What about us poor rogues =( *sprints off a cliff*

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 05:50 PM #1555 of 1941
You guys have no right to complain. As a warrior I can safely say that we never got anything for free, ever!

Druids flight form may be slow, but most other people get the slow mount as well because not everyone can fork up the 6k, and besides, even if they get the expensive mount, they get the slow mount training for free. All other classes have to pay 1k for that.

Most amazing jew boots

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:17 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2007, 10:17 PM #1556 of 1941
I know I have no right but I still wanted a nice fire skele bird or something.

Most amazing jew boots
Originally Posted by Zio
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 12:36 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2007, 10:36 PM #1557 of 1941
And I want a pony.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 01:51 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2007, 01:51 AM #1558 of 1941

A pretty pink pony with pwnage seared into the flesh due to branding?

Sorry, I just found it dishearting that the lock didn't get a special mount.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 01:57 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2007, 01:57 AM #1559 of 1941

A pretty pink pony with pwnage seared into the flesh due to branding?

Sorry, I just found it dishearting that the lock didn't get a special mount.

FELIPE NO
Originally Posted by Zio
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 02:21 AM #1560 of 1941
You guys have no right to complain. As a warrior I can safely say that we never got anything for free, ever!

Druids flight form may be slow, but most other people get the slow mount as well because not everyone can fork up the 6k, and besides, even if they get the expensive mount, they get the slow mount training for free. All other classes have to pay 1k for that.

TRUTH.

BTW. Most of the classes got fucked up the ass. Rogues win this time around it seems.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...94203802&sid=1

PTR patch 2.1.0 notes.

my bad, 22 pages long of rape.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by dagget; Apr 13, 2007 at 02:58 AM.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 03:24 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2007, 01:24 AM #1561 of 1941
Yeah, I took one look at the shaman notes and... well, let's just say that my shammy is stuck in Silvermoon City for a loooooooooooong time.

Got a 31 warrior with Whirlwind Axe. Go go new main. =\

Most amazing jew boots
Ken Hikari
Silent Protagonist

Member 395

Level 13.07

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 01:52 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2007, 10:52 AM #1562 of 1941
These patch notes make me want to cry.

Seriously.

I'm not one to complain, but what on earth is Blizzard thinking?

I was going to do a Arms/Fury hybrid, but now it looks like I will have to stay arms.

Jeez Blizzard, if you don't want anymore Fury warriors, then just remove the tree completely. How much more can they reduce Flurry? Ugh.

And yet I still will keep in playing...

How ya doing, buddy?
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:55 PM #1563 of 1941
I'm surprised they didn't nerf priests more since it was clear they hate them in the previous couple of patches. More buffs to Circle of Suck of course. They're really trying hard to sell that as a "good spell". They FINALLY applied a resist mechanic to Pain Supression. Sure took them long enough to figure that one out. A nerf to Shadow Word: Death, meh don't care since I haven't touched my priest in 6 months so I never got to use the spell and get an opinion on it.

Everything else just looks like bug fixes that they should've taken care of in those other minor patches where they decided to go glee happy in nerfs instead.

Overall I'm still considering putting my account on hold since it comes up for renewal this Monday since I've recently gotten Guild Wars and been enjoying that a whole lot. At least they released these before it renewed so I have some time to ponder this.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Billy
City of Heroes is the pwnzrs.

Member 21791

Level 3.09

Apr 2007

Old Apr 13, 2007, 07:18 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2007, 01:18 AM #1564 of 1941
At this moment in time, my level and character is:-

Dwarf - Warrior. Level 8.

I know its bad but hay, i like it..

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

- - - - -
世界是一個討厭的地方. 不要轉動你的後面. - The world is a nasty place. Never turn your back.
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 08:36 PM #1565 of 1941
I already quit, but I can't help but shake my fist.

# "Commanding Shout": This ability now increases your max health, but keeps your percentage health constant.

I kinda expected that. I used it before in a pinch, and it was really good at those times.

# "Death Wish" and "Enrage" effects no longer stack.

Guess they couldn't find anything else to nerf.

# "Spell Reflection" no longer has a global cooldown.

Pretty pointless since it costs 25 rage.

# "Flurry" (Fury) now increases attack speed by 5/10/15/20/25%, reduced from 10/15/20/25/30.

Yeah that settles it. I'm never playing a warrior again.

I saw a lot of other classes and items get fucked. In fact I saw a lot more then I expected. Is their objective to try and get people to stop playing?

I seriously would like to know what blizzard is doing lately. ALL they do these days is disappoint. It's getting worse with EVERY patch.

Last edited by Xellos; Apr 13, 2007 at 08:43 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 10:21 PM #1566 of 1941
All of this has made me wonder if, as a long time and day 1 player of this game, I've become too jaded towards Blizz. When looking at the game as a whole, it really is an awesome thing they've managed to pull off. Even though the vast majority of the content they added in the pre-expansion days was all raids, the world has certainly developed from what it was back at release.

But at the same time, it just feels like they could be doing more. After all this time, it feels like they're just dragging their feet and spending all their time trying to think up different ways of holding players back from progressing too fast (which is what an MMO is about but still). It feels like they've completely run dry on ideas and now they're just trying to use existing mechanics (rep grinds, mat grinds) to keep people playing the game while they try to think up their next long dungeon.

The game just is starting to feel like it lacks vision to me. It's as if Blizz has become so complacent in all the grinds they think up, that they don't want to try anything different, or risky. They just want to keep playing it safe, until they finally lose enough subscribers, and then they'll launch WoW 2 or something to try to pull everyone back in with more of the same just with prettier graphics.

Even with all of that said, I don't think I'd trade the time I've spent with many friends who have come and gone in this game for anything. They truly have been the ones who have made the game what it is for me.

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2007, 10:40 AM #1567 of 1941
Your one of the good ones then. That's how I feel as well. I spent like 2 years in that game, and part of me regrets it, but part of me does not. It was never really about the epics.

The main reason I always came back was because of my friends. I had a great time in my first two guilds. I knew everyone, and we always had a blast on ventrilo.

I truly wish I could rejoin them, but that's impossible. A lot of them quit, some went to different servers, and others remained on my server, but in all kinds of different guilds. It's really unfortunate it had to go that way, but I'll always remember them. I still talk with a few on ventrillo every once in a while.

Most amazing jew boots

immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2007, 11:56 AM #1568 of 1941
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5cGEqSDz6I - Warlock flight form revealed!

I only ever played because of friends. I play with my girlfriend, roommates, friends from school and online friends. Thats how its always been and I'm still having a blast doing it. I dont care how badly classes get fucked up aslong as I have friends to play with I wont even notice the changes....and I'd have to say that I really havent.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2007, 01:53 PM #1569 of 1941
More armor I'll never see anyway. Warlock's looks cool as shit as always.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2007, 09:57 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2007, 09:57 PM #1570 of 1941
The shammies looks like a mage set.

The hunter set looks too demonic for a hunter. It kinda looks like a lock set.

The Lock set pwns. And too bad the lock the wings don't flap every once in awhile unless I missed it.

Warrior just looks like clunks of armor.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Originally Posted by Zio
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2007, 01:40 AM #1571 of 1941
Considering all this stuff comes from the black temple, I'd assume its all ment to be demonic artifacts. Everything has a demonic touch to it. Even the priest shoulders which are blindfolded faces chained down through the mouth.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2007, 09:21 AM Local time: Apr 15, 2007, 09:21 AM #1572 of 1941
Considering all this stuff comes from the black temple, I'd assume its all ment to be demonic artifacts. Everything has a demonic touch to it. Even the priest shoulders which are blindfolded faces chained down through the mouth.
Meh, I suppose. :\

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Elidibs
deeder deeder deeder deeder

Member 1308

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2007, 10:02 AM #1573 of 1941
Whoo! Neat. Nice music, too. I wonder when the WoW Model Viewer site'll get ahold of these.
...anyone else notice that Illidan's a little big for a Night Elf? :/

Also, a two-minute video of a rogue running around Magtheridon's Lair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwsHY-zFfnE

No idea if you guys've seen this or not. Thread's too big, I'm too lazy to look. Neat little sound clip at the end. Maggie sounds kind of like John Noble if you ask me.

cuss words

Last edited by Elidibs; Apr 15, 2007 at 10:12 AM.
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2007, 01:08 PM #1574 of 1941
...anyone else notice that Illidan's a little big for a Night Elf? :/
Illidan isnt really much of a nightelf anymore. He's more demon than anything else. Prince Kael is rather large aswell. I guess thats because in WoW larger means more powerful. Also if an entire raid is fighting him you'd probably want something a little bit bigger than a player so you can actually see what you're attacking.

Originally Posted by Zio
Meh, I suppose. :\
If you think back to most of the epic dungeon sets they've all been styled after the theme of the dungeon they came from. Tier 1didnt follow this two well although you could argue its meant to look like dark iron dwarves made it BWL everything looked like it was made from different types of dragons for the most part. AQ made from insect carapace(thus the fruity colors) and Naxx looked like it was crafted for an undead army. Every tier in outland looks somewhat demonic.

Elidibs
deeder deeder deeder deeder

Member 1308

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2007, 02:06 PM #1575 of 1941
Illidan isnt really much of a nightelf anymore. He's more demon than anything else. Prince Kael is rather large aswell. I guess thats because in WoW larger means more powerful. Also if an entire raid is fighting him you'd probably want something a little bit bigger than a player so you can actually see what you're attacking.
Yeah, you're probably right. I was going to go, 'oh hey maybe there's a lore reason', but didn't think about it until you said something.
The Fel-Sworn prestige class in the d20 game did similar things to characters depending on what the player characters want-- increase in size, et cetera, and since Fel-Sworns are made by being overexposed to fel energies I could see that happening to the two of them. Still find it a little weird.

FELIPE NO
cuss words

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft