Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Song of the Week - WEEK 53 Voting/WEEK 54 Nominations

David Deluxe
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 1181

Level 19.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 12:45 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 07:45 PM #26 of 51
Yeah, I know this, but I guess it's just human to be happy for a winning track.

2 Points: Space Invaders Daisakusen - Game Over
2 Points: pop'n music 12 Iroha AC ♥ CS pop'n music 10 - Beyond the Earth -Original Long Version-
2 Points: Dramatic - Oriental Spirits

I'm surprised that a track with vocals gets such a good reputation.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

[SCHWARZE 4 - Sepp Bonhof]
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 12:51 PM #27 of 51
2 pts. - Dramatic - Oriental Spirits
2 pts. - pop'n music 12 - Beyond the Earth
1 pt. - Shin Samurai Spirits - Smooth Talk Rock
1 pt. - Dragon Ball Z3 - Evil Power

Wow, lots of similar-sounding rockin' songs this week. Pretty strong week.

I like Smooth Talk Rock more than Evil Power, but since I was going with 2 pts. each for the top two songs, I had to give the latter two 1 pt. each.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Last edited by Drakken; Mar 31, 2006 at 01:01 PM.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:48 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 11:48 AM #28 of 51
Originally Posted by el jacko
is there a link to the main site on the wiki anywhere? I can't find one at all. I think it should be linked in the first post as well.
There's a link in the information box near the top of the page, "SotW Wiki."

I think it should be linked in the first post as well.
Capital idea! I believe we used to do this before the crash.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 03:32 PM #29 of 51
3 points. Klonoa of the Wind 2 ~Something Forgotten Wished by the World~ Original Soundtrack - The Sorrow Revives
- <_<

2 points. Dramatic - Oriental Spirits
- Is there a better encoding quality out there?

1 point. pop'n music 12 Iroha AC ♥ CS pop'n music 10 - Beyond the Earth -Original Long Version-
- *wants to also give 2 points*

I was speaking idiomatically.
Djinova
Why didn't he just...

Member 2441

Level 23.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 06:16 PM #30 of 51
Somehow my top three was very obvious this week, despite this week being high quality all around.

Dramatic - Oriental Spirits Nice melody and good improvisation. Can't get better technically than this. (1 Point)

Space Invaders Daisakusen - Game Over Lol, but it works somehow. (2 Points)

pop'n music 12 Iroha AC ♥ CS pop'n music 10 - Beyond the Earth -Original Long Version- Definitely a strong reminder of the Chrono Chross OST. This track made the greatest impact. (3 Points)

----- My next nomination -----

Album: Raystorm: Neu Tanz Mix
Track Number: 5
Track Title: Aquarium
Artist: Zuntata (I think)
Composer/Arranger: Tamayo Kawamoto
Year: 1997
Cataloque Number: ZTTL-0005
Source: http://www.altpop.com/stc/reviews/raystormntm.htm

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Excrono
HD-497

Member 141

Level 14.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 08:08 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 07:08 PM #31 of 51
Stepping out of my TES:IV Oblivion marathon a bit and actually participating in this. It was worthwhile too, as I enjoyed many of this weeks tracks.

3 Points: Dramatic - Oriental Spirits

A smooth, sexy Jazz piece with Asian overtones. Features two wonderful solo sections (for piano and electric guitar) that really make this piece shine. The easy winner this week.

2 Points: Space Invaders Daisakusen - Game Over

A cool piece of 80's rock that gets a big nostalgia in the in game SFX used thought the piece. A well thought out and well executed piece (lyrically and musically)

1 Point: Silhouette Mirage Original Sound Track - Punky Pumpkin Castle. It may be short but the funky guitar makes this more enjoyable than the rest of the runner ups this week. A piece can be structured perfectly, but it will get past but if its not as fun to listen to.

Runner Up: Genso Suikoden III Original Soundtrack - Vinay Del Zexay

Originally Posted by Bean
I really don’t get it. Why to people continue to nominate the really weak tracks from Suikoden's list of many, many great ones. It just does not make sense to me. Anyhow, lets be honest here, the song doesn't really start until about 45 seconds into it (no really please disregard anything before it). When it finally does kick it you have arguably one of the best town themes around. It will fail in SOTW though, which is a damn shame.
I agree with you completely on this. I really think tracks like "Farm Village" or "Complex Thoughts" would do quite well, depending on the competition. However I was always hesitant to nominate due to how weak they always sounded when measuring them by the demanding standards of core SoTW voters.

My Nomination:

Album: Lode Runner: The Legend Returns (Redbook Audio Rip)
Track Number: 13
Track Title: Skeleton Keep
Artists: Matt Berardo & Brian Salter
Year: 1994
Source: Artists Tracklisting:

Edit:Oh, and I will also upload this track to the server.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Excrono; Mar 31, 2006 at 08:14 PM.
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:45 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 01:45 PM #32 of 51
I kind of ran out of time so swift point distribution is in order.

(2 points) pop'n music 12 Iroha AC & CS pop'n music 10 - Beyond the Earth -Original Long Version-

(1 point) Space Invaders Daisakusen - Game Over

(1 point) Genso Suikoden III Original Soundtrack - Vinay Del Zexay

(1 point) Klonoa of the Wind 2 ~Something Forgotten Wished by the World~ Original Soundtrack - The Sorrow Revives

(1 point) Dramatic - Oriental Spirits

Most amazing jew boots
I think therefore I am... I think.
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:49 AM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 10:49 PM #33 of 51
So,

SONG OF THE YEAR

Does anyone actually still care about starting this? Discuss!

Double Post:
My next nominations. I am unsure how eligible these are, so I have listed them in order of preference.
Lost this in the voteflood! These are just my opinions, not official proclamations.

No. I think AC4 and AC5 are too well-known.

Ow, this makes my brain hurt. On the one hand, it's from Mother, not Mother 2. I think Mother's clear enough to have tracks nominated from it.

But on the other hand, it's Eight Melodies we're talking about. Everyone knows that song already... right?

and if not, they should =O

This is arranged, and it's not any of the MGS main themes, so this one's okay by me.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Undertale (PC, 2015)

Last edited by THE POWER OF WATER; Apr 1, 2006 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
ikkei
Good Chocobo

Member 371

Level 18.90

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 04:35 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 10:35 AM #34 of 51
My next Nom:

Album: Toshinden Subaru (aka Toshinden 4?)
Track Number: 21
Track Title: 21 ^^
Composer/Arranger: Unknown (I doubt that the composers are the same from the previous Toshinden)
Year: 1999
Source: None, I think

I'll upload it in a few hours to the server

Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 05:40 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 06:40 PM #35 of 51
It seems my nomination's up next. Much faster than I expected... I might not be able to upload the track in time due to some problems on my side but I suppose you guys have the track right? If not, I'll try to see what I can do tomorrow. Either that or you can drop my nomination from next week.

I think therefore I am... I think.
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 06:30 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 03:30 AM #36 of 51
vote!

2 points - pop'n music 12 Iroha AC ♥ CS pop'n music 10 - Beyond the Earth -Original Long Version-
2 points - Shin Samurai Spirits Arrange Sound Trax - Smooth Talk Rock (Kuroku)
1 point - Dramatic - Oriental Spirits
1 point - Genso Suikoden III Original Soundtrack - Vinay Del Zexay

:nominate:

Album/Game Title: Blast Corps Game Rip
Artist: ???
Track Title: Cromlech Court
Source: NA
Disc Number: 1
Track Number: 4
Catalog Number: NA
yousendit link: http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2J...X2YN1ITC3P45AD

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Djinova
Why didn't he just...

Member 2441

Level 23.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 07:51 AM #37 of 51
A couple of things,

On the Sotw-Wiki, the point distribution for SonicPanda for Week 53 is wrong (2 Points)

Ace Combat 4/5 is too popular for SotW in my book.
The two altenatives seem fine.

I also agree with the spirit that SotW is not a race for the newest awesome tracks.

I am not so much interested in SotY actually. It's basically GRAND BATTLE. It might be better to exist if BATTLE doesn't exist. My fear lies in that there won't be any new participants, we might end up with the usual voters pushing comments back and forth.

Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 09:26 AM #38 of 51
SotY... well... I never voiced my opinion on this, but it was rather unexpected. I was just expecting some kind of SUPER BATTLE 64 at the end of week 64, where you take the 8 battle winners and round them up in one SUPER BATTLE 64 to determine THE ULTIMATE track.

Double Post:
Oh, and F U Djinova for pointing out the incorrect vote tally. I was waiting to bring that up AFTER the week ends so if it lost by 1 point, I'd laugh.

Last edited by Darkcomet72; Apr 1, 2006 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 09:59 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 11:59 AM #39 of 51
I haven't voted in a long time, and had nothing to do so here I am!

<2 Points> Silhouette Mirage Original Sound Track - Punky Pumpkin Castle
Reminds me of TMNT:Turtles in Time. Bouncy, and enjoyable song.

<2 Points> Shin Samurai Spirits Arrange Sound Trax - Smooth Talk Rock (Kuroku)
Nice rocking track.

<2 Points> Dramatic - Oriental Spirits
Jazzy Piano and Guitar solo. Thought this one was smooth and well done.

FELIPE NO
Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 10:26 AM #40 of 51
Originally Posted by Dr. Uzuki

:nominate:

Album/Game Title: Blast Corps Game Rip
Artist: ???
Track Title: Cromlech Court
Source: NA
Disc Number: 1
Track Number: 4
Catalog Number: NA
Funny you nominate this. I was looking at nominating a Blast Corps track for my recent slot. Cromlech Court and Havoc District were the two I was considering. I like the latter better, but I'm afraid my music judgmnent was tainted by in-game experience, cause that track works really well with the large-scale nature of the game. Good choice.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
isdapi
Forged in the Pain

Member 1534

Level 20.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 11:38 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 06:38 PM #41 of 51
(3 POINTS) pop'n music 12 Iroha AC ♥ CS pop'n music 10 - Beyond the Earth -Original Long Version-

(2 POINTS) Dramatic - Oriental Spirits

(1 POINT) Silhouette Mirage Original Sound Track - Punky Pumpkin Castle

Disappointing selection of tracks this week, I have nothing inspired to add.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Djinova
Why didn't he just...

Member 2441

Level 23.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 11:46 AM #42 of 51
Quote:
Double Post:
Oh, and F U Djinova for pointing out the incorrect vote tally. I was waiting to bring that up AFTER the week ends so if it lost by 1 point, I'd laugh.
? lol
I had something similar in mind, but figured since the misplaced points affect Beyond the Earth, it doesn't affect anything.

How ya doing, buddy?
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:37 PM #43 of 51
Dragon Ball Z3 Original Soundtrack - Evil Power I am a registered member of DBZ Haters Anonymous, and I was immidiately biased against this track because of its pedigree. It's really not as bad as the phenomenon that spawned it; there are some nice techno effects, and not too much in the way of wailing, atonal guitar showing-off. But, like DBZ, it appeals to a demographic I'm not a part of.

Dramatic - Oriental Spirits Not really that oriental, aside from some faint background keyboard work. More like "Slightly Funky 1985 Jazz Spirit" if you ask me. Reminds me of something from "The Golden Child." The piano's nice, the guitar behaves itself, and all the other instruments are really some form of bass line. I beleive I heard something like this when I was put on hold once.

Genso Suikoden III Original Soundtrack - Vinay Del Zexay I've always had a soft spot for Suikoden tracks, though I'd heard that III was a pale shadow of I and II. Some interesting variations; the bagpipe is going to instantly turn some people off (and it's playing a ripped-off Horner motif), but I find the track to be pleasantly varied and whimsical, with a nice Celtic feel. Downloaded.

Klonoa of the Wind 2 ~Something Forgotten Wished by the World~ Original Soundtrack - The Sorrow Revives[/b] Klonoa tracks are the Energizer Bunnies of SoTW...they just keep coming. Despite some good moments, this song didn't really seem that cohesive to me--all the elements were there, but it never came together, amking the whole less than the sum of its parts.

pop'n music 12 Iroha AC ? CS pop'n music 10 - Beyond the Earth I just love it when the ? character is in an actual track name. It's an interesting sort of techno-ish track, with a nice melody and a fast pace. I really could have done without the random shouting in the background.

Shin Samurai Spirits Arrange Sound Trax - Smooth Talk Rock (Kuroku) Sounds like the backing piece from which swing vocals or a lead instrument has been removed, since it's essentially the same few bars over and over again. Perhaps if there was a melody or a vocal over the top it'd do more for me.

Silhouette Mirage Original Sound Track - Punky Pumpkin Castle Cute name, but they should have spelled it "Punky Punkin." Reminds me of the old TNMT2 arcade from back in the day--always a good thing--and the synthy front is quite enjoyable. The guitars add color and support without drowning the psuedo-organ and other instruments. Downloaded.

Space Invaders Daisakusen - Game Over I wonder what "Daisakusen" means. I also wonder if Moby ever listened to this, and what kind of lawyers he has, since it's a total ripoff of his style and delivery.

After reading Crash's comments, I was sure I would hate this week. Surprisingly, that wasn't the case. Most of the songs were just mediocre, though some on the high and some on the low side. I really only liked two tracks this week, and I liked them about co-equally. Unfortunately, the rules don't permit me to give each three points, so I'll have to give a point to a track I'm not crazy about.

The Point Spread
Suikoden - 3 pts.
Punky Punkin - 2 pts.
pop'n - 1 grudging point

EDIT: Point allocation changed.

Last edited by orion_mk3; Apr 1, 2006 at 06:42 PM.
el jacko
nobody knows

Member 838

Level 18.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:41 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 02:41 AM #44 of 51
I've thought about it a bit, and I've considered a permanent nomination. MOTHER will have to wait awhile.

Sneaking Mission :: Kanichiro Kubo :: composed by Konami Kukeiha Club :: Metal Gear >> Solid Snake Red Disc :: 5 of 20

How ya doing, buddy?
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 04:47 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 01:47 PM #45 of 51
Thanks Chuckster. Hopefully the rest of the crowd gives it an equally warm response. Last night consisted of some hectic searching/downloading. Shocked I was my number's coming up already.

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 05:10 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 03:10 PM #46 of 51
Originally Posted by Elorin
It seems my nomination's up next. Much faster than I expected... I might not be able to upload the track in time due to some problems on my side but I suppose you guys have the track right? If not, I'll try to see what I can do tomorrow. Either that or you can drop my nomination from next week.
I've got the Mushihimesama OST, so don't worry about it.

Originally Posted by Djinova
On the Sotw-Wiki, the point distribution for SonicPanda for Week 53 is wrong (2 Points)
Love you.

Originally Posted by Darkcomet72
Hate you.

Also, we had a case a while back where poor addition swapped the first and second place winners, but we fixed that immediately.

Originally Posted by orion_mk3
I really only liked two tracks this week, and I liked them about co-equally. Let me know if this point allocation is illegal.

The Point Spread
Suikoden - 3 pts.
Punky Punkin - 3 pts.
Yeah, it is. You have to give points to at least three songs.

Undertale (PC, 2015)
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 07:39 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 04:39 PM #47 of 51
I'm voting soon. Don't close this yet.

Double Post:
This week kicked ass. I thought week 51 was really good overall (unfortunately I had no time to comment on it), but this whoops it. Every track here is a winner*.

However, only one will reign supreme (with two followers), so here are my points:

2 points - pop'n music 12 Iroha AC & CS pop'n music 10 - Beyond the Earth -Original Long Version-

2 points - Space Invaders Daisakusen - Game Over

1 point - Silhouette Mirage Original Sound Track - Punky Pumpkin Castle

1 point - Klonoa of the Wind 2 ~Something Forgotten Wished by the World~ Original Soundtrack - The Sorrow Revives

*Okay, the DBZ track could have been replaced with better music from its respective soundtrack, but it's still good.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Kaleb.G; Apr 1, 2006 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:55 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 02:55 PM #48 of 51
Just wanted to put my nomination:

Track Title: Tiberian Sun Map Theme
Artist: Frank Klepacki
Year: 1999
Source: http://www.frankklepacki.com/

There was a Tiberian Sun soundtrack, but it's a real shame that this song was left aside. It's short, but I really like it, and loved it in the game (it plays when you're at the map screen choosing your mission).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Cyan_Ide
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 4533

Level 1.86

Apr 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 09:57 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 08:57 PM #49 of 51
Great week this week.

2 points - Silhouette Mirage Original Sound Track - Punky Pumpkin Castle
2 points - Space Invaders Daisakusen - Game Over
1 point - Dramatic - Oriental Spirits
1 point - Shin Samurai Spirits Arrange Sound Trax - Smooth Talk Rock (Kuroku)

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Cyan_Ide; Apr 2, 2006 at 10:18 PM.
ikkei
Good Chocobo

Member 371

Level 18.90

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 02:23 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 08:23 PM #50 of 51
Quoting CHZ :

Voting is closed!

1). [36] pop'n music 12 Iroha AC & CS pop'n music 10 - Beyond the Earth -Original Long Version-
2). [31] Dramatic - Oriental Spirits
3). [24] Space Invaders Daisakusen - Game Over

4). [16] Silhouette Mirage Original Sound Track - Punky Pumpkin Castle
5). [12] Genso Suikoden III Original Soundtrack - Vinay Del Zexay
6). [9] Shin Samurai Spirits Arrange Sound Trax - Smooth Talk Rock (Kuroku)
7). [7] Klonoa of the Wind 2 ~Something Forgotten Wished by the World~ Original Soundtrack - The Sorrow Revives
8). [3] Dragon Ball Z3 Original Soundtrack - Evil Power

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Song of the Week - WEEK 53 Voting/WEEK 54 Nominations