Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] The Shogo Thread

evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:41 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 07:41 PM #1 of 12
The Shogo Thread

In almost every incarnation of GFF, I make this thread.

Is there anyone still here that played Shogo? The FPS with the anime theme where you'd switch from person to mech in between segments, though the only real difference was the scale factor?

It was great, though quite buggy, and last thread, someone mentioned a sequel is in the works. It's way more than wishful thinking but imagine that on the 360!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
MysteryRidah
The Abandonware Master

Member 1668

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:53 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 06:53 PM #2 of 12
I had it, broke the disc by mistake. Overall pretty good game, which i am looking for again. I didnt think the game was buggy tho, my only problem was the damn controls, the layout is all wrong.

Also from the little time that i was playing, i got killed quick.

Btw, speaking of anime theme games, i have one. I will post up the information later.

peace.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
NES Oldskooler
Faust

Member 768

Level 10.31

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:31 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 04:31 PM #3 of 12
Yeah, I really enjoyed this game back in the day. Some of the stuff was unnecessary, like changing your robot into a hovercraft was useless, as were a bunch of the weapons. But overall it was a pretty decent game.

Can you show the source where you read about the potential sequel?

Most amazing jew boots
Mephista
Carob Nut

Member 662

Level 4.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:14 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 04:14 AM #4 of 12
I remember playing a Demo for this a long time ago. It was a pretty fun game from what I remember.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:21 PM #5 of 12
Oh man, I loved playing Shogo.
I need to find my old game disc and pop it in sometime.

Hearing the Shogo theme music in that hidden room in FEAR really gave me goosebumps too.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:34 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 10:34 PM #6 of 12
I played a demo of this game a while back, and I thought it was pretty cool. I downloaded the full game, but I still haven't played it yet (mainly because I'm not too big on PC games).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Daedalus Ikari
Wark!

Member 440

Level 2.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 02:08 AM #7 of 12
I played Shogo a few years back. Made it to the second to final boss i believe.

Spoiler:
When you fight your brother and he's being restored by Cathiniel every so often

It's too bad i never figured out how to beat him though. =( Either way it was a really fun game. Great dialogue (chick : "Watch my ass!" , guy : "I'd be glad to~" , chick : "You say the sweetest things...") , interesting plot, and that anime style to games that i love so much. ^^ Also having 2 different types of levels (mech vs on foot) really broke the monotony a lot of FPSes have.

Yep. A real enjoyable game. Right now i'm working off a burn, but hoping i can some day find a legit copy of it for sale. A real good game to own, and one i think every fan of FPS should at least try out.

FELIPE NO
HylianLink
Wark!

Member 1417

Level 3.52

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 10:20 PM #8 of 12
That was the last boss Daedalus :-p
Man i loved shogo, went through and played it again in january, Katherine was so much hotter then Kura lol. Wish they would have made a sequel or at least finished that add-on. Negai - Wish ftw!

if anyone wants the soundtrack let me know and i'll put it up

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 11:02 PM #9 of 12
I still have the game myself. I remember it not only because it was so cool, but alsobecause it was the only game that I liked and could play on my P2 a few years sgo before I got my P4. ^^;

I too remember hearing about a sequel to the game, but I haven't hears any further details on it since though.

Most amazing jew boots
sabbey
River Chocobo

Member 139

Level 26.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 02:07 AM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 11:07 PM #10 of 12
Always meant to buy the game, never got around to doing so. Funny enough, I got it as an ISO in a trade about year ago and haven't even bother to add it to my PC yet...

BTW, how does it run under Windows XP?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 02:51 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 12:51 PM #11 of 12
Lol, I remember I bought this game in a double pack along with Septerra Core. Speaking of which, I found the game a few days ago... but not Shogo.

It was pretty fun, up until I got stuck on a level >_>

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 06:30 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 04:30 AM #12 of 12
I played the game and somehow managed to beat it. Though I had to cheat because I kept getting stuck in retarded glitches. I still have it too. Though I wont touch it again.

Jesus the amount of bugs and glitches in that game was sad. I'm surprised I was even able to get as far as I did with them all.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] The Shogo Thread