Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] General MINOR gaming related news, rumours and things of not-thread-worthy nature

Old Aug 19, 2009, 03:42 PM 1 #301 of 385
Does it not seem silly that the PSP Go is going to be only 50 dollars cheaper than the PS3 now?

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2009, 04:21 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2009, 10:21 PM #302 of 385
The big thing for me is not having a shitload of consoles lying around hogging up space, taking up inputs on my TV, and taking up plugs on my power strip. It's a pain in the balls to reach behind my TV and unplug one console just to plug in another one that, as you said, won't get played on that much. Sure, I didn't play PS1 or Cube games often on my PS2/Wii, but the fact that I had the option is excellent and I would be amiss if I didn't have it on either of those consoles.
Yeah, I do see your point there but I tend to onlhy play one console at a time. My 360 and my PS2 are plugged in permanently, it takes about 20 seconds to plug in a Wii on the insanely rare occasions I'd want to play on one and the only time I've played a PS1 game in the last 7 years or so has been on an emulator or my PSP. I've not touched an Xbox game since I got a 360 and I can't remember the last time I played a GameCube game, I'd be amazed if mine even still works.

I mean, I'm not saying backwards compatability is a bad thing, just that it's not something I've overly bothered about when choosing a console.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Aug 19, 2009, 04:32 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2009, 02:32 PM #303 of 385
RR becoming an X-Bro? Do it.

Still gonna be a pure PC gamer for FPS, though.

(I like my free updates in TF2 and L4D.)

FELIPE NO
Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2009, 01:45 AM Local time: Aug 20, 2009, 08:45 AM #304 of 385
So it seems that I can get a PS3 and/or a 360 for 300 bux? And I heard the PS3 slim is better than the fat one, and the newer 360's don't break as easy as the earlier ones.
Yeah, the new price point is pretty sweet for late adapters.
But I don't know if the PS3 Slim is better than the PS3 SlightlyFatter in other ways than power consumption (unless you actually count size/weight/looks).

Comparing it to my old 60GB, the Slim is missing the flash card readers, ethernet cable, backwards compatibility, 2 usb slots, and the possibility of installing another OS.
If you don't intent of using any of the above, fair enough, but calling the Slim "better" is still a bit of a stretch.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 09:35 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 05:35 PM #305 of 385
But it comes with a Dual Shock 3 which the 60GB didn't

(so an ethernet cable costs less than a Dual Shock 3, if we're going into this)

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 09:50 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 04:50 PM #306 of 385
True that. I actually thought the port was missing, but it isn't.

It came to my ears somewhere on the internets, that the previously photo was not in "favor" of the Slim, because of the angle.
I feel like I owe this board an apology and will now post an entirely legit comparison picture.

Spoiler:

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 09:57 AM #307 of 385
LOOK AT THAT BULLSHIT

Fucking Sony conspiracy

ps3slim more like ps3xbox1

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

#654: Braixen
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 04:50 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2009, 12:50 AM #308 of 385
Having seen and held the new model personally, I had to admit it looked a lot better than in the photos I'd seen, strangely enough. It's not a looker for me, the style is all over the place, like different designers designed different sides of the case. But it's not as bad as the old one.

It was interesting too since I hadn't noticed the slim uses a thin power cord for clock radios and such (like the PS2) and not the thick one.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 05:39 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2009, 12:39 AM #309 of 385
Yeah, I read somewhere that it looks a whole lot nicer irl than on pictures, for some reason. I think it was over at Joystiq.

Once again you're first to the insider Sony goods =)
Still got that sweet job?

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Aug 25, 2009, 10:42 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2009, 01:42 AM #310 of 385
Darius Burst announced. =] For PSP.

DARIUS.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Aug 25, 2009, 10:57 AM Local time: Aug 25, 2009, 06:57 PM #311 of 385
"DARIUS" :D

..."PSP" :|

FELIPE NO

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2009, 12:08 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2009, 06:08 PM #312 of 385
I think it's nice that Sony continue to support the freeware community.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2009, 06:52 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2009, 05:52 PM #313 of 385
Just on case anyone hasn't heard by now, God of War and God of War II are coming to PS3.

Almost makes me kind of glad I lost my save data for the first game. I had planned on starting over on it again so I could finally finish it, but now I might as well just wait for this version to come out (because I'm a whore for pretty graphics and trophies). I'm usually not a fan of double dipping, but since I still haven't beaten either game and it's not that big of a monetary loss (I got both of the original games for $10 each) I don't mind so much.

Lord Jaroh
It's all about being a Newbie

Member 2072

Level 13.42

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2009, 02:30 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2009, 02:30 PM #314 of 385
Just on case anyone hasn't heard by now, God of War and God of War II are coming to PS3.

Almost makes me kind of glad I lost my save data for the first game. I had planned on starting over on it again so I could finally finish it, but now I might as well just wait for this version to come out (because I'm a whore for pretty graphics and trophies). I'm usually not a fan of double dipping, but since I still haven't beaten either game and it's not that big of a monetary loss (I got both of the original games for $10 each) I don't mind so much.
I just wish they would tell us if the games will also be included with a "Collector's Edition" of God of War III.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2009, 05:41 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2009, 04:41 PM #315 of 385
I just wish they would tell us if the games will also be included with a "Collector's Edition" of God of War III.
If I had to take a guess I'd say no, since including it would put the package at $100 even without whatever additional knick knacks and doodads that would come with the package. Granted, there are quite a few $100+ CEs out there (sadly), but that would just seem unnecessary (most people interested in GoW III probably already own I & II, and I don't know how willing new fans would be to plunk down that much all at once for something they've never played).

I guess anything is possible though, especially since this is one of Sony's few AAA franchises that's both critically and commercially successful. Personally though, I'd rather pick it up separately if it means I can get it earlier and finish both games before the third ones comes out.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2009, 06:08 AM Local time: Sep 22, 2009, 11:08 AM #316 of 385
This is very much just a rumour, but good god I hope it ends up being true:

Quote:
Sony and SEGA have discussed releasing Dreamcast games exclusively on PlayStation Network for a "long period", according to a marketing document uploaded to a PR FTP folder.

The deal, which sounds more like a suggestion thrown around a marketing meeting than a specific plan, could involve "a long period of exclusivity" in exchange for "more marketing support" from SCEA.
[ source ]

Holy crap yes please.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Sep 22, 2009, 06:12 AM Local time: Sep 22, 2009, 02:12 PM #317 of 385
Dat analogue stick tho :x

Old Sep 22, 2009, 07:49 AM #318 of 385
Controller-wise I'd have put Dreamcast games on the 360.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2009, 09:34 AM Local time: Sep 22, 2009, 08:34 AM #319 of 385
I really don't think Sony cares whether their controller is a good fit for Dreamcast games or not.

How ya doing, buddy?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 09:43 AM #320 of 385
No, no they don't. How astute of you, russ.

My comment was more on the thinking that if Sega were to put their Dreamcast library on either the 360 or the PS3 that the 360's controller would feel closer to the Dreamcast's. Ultimately this is Sega's decision in who they do this deal with (currently Sony being the only known contender) but if I were them "controller-wise I'd have put Dreamcast games on the 360."

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2009, 09:54 AM Local time: Sep 22, 2009, 08:54 AM 3 #321 of 385
Sega: "Hey Microsoft, we will let you put our Dreamcast games up for download on Live for a million dollars, you interested?"

Microsoft: "lol dreamcast. I think you should leave before I call security."

later that day

Sega: "Hey Sony, we'll let you put our Dreamcast games up for download on PSN for a million dollars. You better decide soon though, we actually just came from Microsoft's offices earlier this morning. They seemed pretty interested, but you know how slowly things work their way through management there."

Sony: "WE'LL DO IT RIGHT NOW BUT YOU HAVE TO TAKE OFFER OFF TABLE FOR MICROSOFT!!!"

Sega: "My boss isn't going to like this, but for you, I think we have a deal."

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2009, 02:02 PM #322 of 385
It seem it's not exactly fully exclusive for PSN but more some title will be.

Quote:
Well, this is interesting. A recently revealed internal document on SEGA’s FTP apparently outlines Sony’s upcoming plans for an “PS2 emulator on PS3.” According to the document, which contained notes from a meeting between SCEA and SEGA in early August, “SCEA wants to sell all PS2 titles on PSN,” and that Sony is considering “a special Japanese Import section (pricing $9.99 to $39.99 for full game)” for its online marketplace.

Additionally, SEGA also apparently intends to sell classic Dreamcast games via the new portal, with some being exclusive to PSN and others planned for a multi-platform release via PSN and Xbox Live.

Of course, all of this despite the fact that Sony has continually and officially stated that backwards compatibility will not be coming back to the PS3. Which is why digital downloading of old titles instead of playing from disc makes complete sense. Unfortunately, that’s all we know at the moment, but we’ll certainly keep you posted as we learn more.

Source.
and link to the document: Leaked Sega Doc

Most amazing jew boots
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2009, 04:35 PM #323 of 385
I really hope this isn't Sony's solution to backwards compatibility for PS2 games on the PS3 slim...making people buy them over again when they've already paid $20-$50 on it. I can play my PS1 and PS2 games just fine on my fat 80gig.

I noticed that Best of Sonic disc for $99 that Sega is considering. It better be every damn game that's been released up to Project Needlemouse, but it probably won't be. There's no way they could bring the GBA and DS games over to PS3, not to mention the Wii exclusives. I'd say it'd be from Sonic 1 to maybe Sonic Heroes.

No clue what Sony is thinking except this: Whoever leaked this is a dead man.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2009, 05:09 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2009, 03:09 PM #324 of 385
Well I'm sure most of us here have a PS2 so its not like we're obligated to purchase anything, it seems more akin to Microsoft's strategy of offering their Xbox and select Xbox 360 titles available for download.

If the above document Inhert leaked is true to any degree, then I can't wait to play some DC games on my 360

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2009, 06:15 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2009, 05:15 PM 3 #325 of 385
I really hope this isn't Sony's solution to backwards compatibility for PS2 games on the PS3 slim...making people buy them over again when they've already paid $20-$50 on it. I can play my PS1 and PS2 games just fine on my fat 80gig.

I noticed that Best of Sonic disc for $99 that Sega is considering. It better be every damn game that's been released up to Project Needlemouse, but it probably won't be. There's no way they could bring the GBA and DS games over to PS3, not to mention the Wii exclusives. I'd say it'd be from Sonic 1 to maybe Sonic Heroes.

No clue what Sony is thinking except this: Whoever leaked this is a dead man.
God, you understand nothing about the gaming industry. Of COURSE Sony wants your money twice. That means twice as much money. You see how that might be a perk for a corporation? Besides, if you have a backwards compatible PS3 then stop whining. I imagine most people who want the backwards compatibility probably already own some mechanism for doing it. As a retarded chimp could figure out, this mechanism would appeal to people who don't give a shit about backwards compatibility, but might want to pay two or three games. Not people looking to replace an entire library.

Second, if it was a best of Sonic disc, it would include Sonic and Sonic II and nothing else. Stop being such an idiot fanboy and realise you've deified an underwhelming series and need to move on with your life. Seriously. Move. The. Fuck. On. We're all disgustingly sick of your constant sounding off about Sonic.

I say again, you understand nothing about how the gaming industry works if you can't comprehend why this is easy money for Sony. Please, please stop talking. It hurts those of us who can think.

Well I'm sure most of us here have a PS2 so its not like we're obligated to purchase anything, it seems more akin to Microsoft's strategy of offering their Xbox and select Xbox 360 titles available for download.

If the above document Inhert leaked is true to any degree, then I can't wait to play some DC games on my 360
What he said.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] General MINOR gaming related news, rumours and things of not-thread-worthy nature