Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:07 PM Local time: Feb 15, 2013, 01:07 AM #201 of 352
Speaking of Satoshi Kon I finally got round to watching Paranoia Agent. I don't have a whole lot to say about this other than I really enjoyed it. I'd heard it was meant to be a mindfuck in so far as Perfect Blue was, but I thought it was quite straightforward if approached from the right angle - lots of crazy stuff going on to represent some more grounded ideas. I love this kind of mad brand of storytelling.

Just got back from watching A Good Day to Die Hard and it was the stupidest fucking thing I have ever seen, such a badly written script/plot, such atrocious science, so damned awkward in places. Not that I expected any different knowing the general storyline etc going in. I was in a state of disbelief for most of the film (mainly how much we spent to see it, especially since we saw it in the IMAX). At least there were some fun explosiony/shooty bits, and to be fair when a film has that many flaws it leaves plenty of satisfying things to pick on.

Most amazing jew boots
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:08 AM Local time: Feb 15, 2013, 01:08 PM #202 of 352
I watched Expendables 2 last night as part of a romantic Valentines evening in with the Mrs.

It's fucking funny if nothing else. I mean, it's completely ridiculous and rammed full of plot holes but who cares, it's everyone from the 80's killing people en masse, what's not to love. Shame Jet Li ducks out so early and Lord knows why Sly dyes his hair such a dark black colour but ignore the fact that they spend two days driving from their plane to the mine then five minutes going back to get it and ignore the varying power of their guns from one shot to the next and ignore Jason Statham picking a fist fight with six dudes when he clearly could have just gunned them down in an instant and revel in the explosions and gun fights and references to other films they've all been in and Vandamme spin kicks and especially love the fact that a snake bit Chuck Norris then three days later the snake died. Fucking awesome and hilairous and silly and by the sounds of things much better than Die Hard 5.

How ya doing, buddy?
Bernard Black

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:35 AM Local time: Feb 15, 2013, 01:35 PM #203 of 352
I kind of felt like sometimes they knew what they were filming/writing was ridiculous, but mostly not. Expendables franchise definitely knows what it's about and I imagine that makes it a better experience.

some choice bits of plot:

"This room has been pooling radiation for years!"

"We can get rid of the radiation by powerblasting it with gas!"

The most atrocious ending chat between McClane and jnr. Also when he's trying to say he loves Jack it came off as being massively awkward for more reasons than just because he's a bro and bro's don't say sissy shit ie horrid writing/acting.

Incredibly obviously bad helicopter jargon

Meltdowns can be caused by stealing uranium

Why the fuck is there a rainwater catchment INSIDE A BUILDING

Creepy incestuous father daughter vibe

Yuri doing a 180 because reasons (that have no relation to anything we have previously seen and is explained in a few words)

Grrarrrrgrrrrrri'monvacationgrarrrrr

I mean seriously, I will sit there and accept they can find a car full of guns and ammo etc because that felt like they knew exactly what the audience expected and didn't even really try and bullshit us with much effort, but the above?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Bernard Black; Feb 15, 2013 at 08:39 AM.
Bernard Black

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:43 AM Local time: Feb 25, 2013, 02:43 PM 3 #204 of 352
In keeping with my ability to be insanely behind the times I've just started watching Community (when I say just started I mean we spent the weekend getting through the first 2 seasons and part way into the third) and today just watched the first episode of Firefly. UMF <3

Most amazing jew boots
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:50 PM #205 of 352
So we're watching this animu. It's called Kanamemo. It's so lesbian. SOOOOO lesbian. And sooooo adorable.

But then it has this musical episode. That is amazing. The songs are retarded.

Here's the one that has been stuck in my head for the past couple of weeks.

YouTube Video

How ya doing, buddy?
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2013, 04:40 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2013, 10:40 PM #206 of 352
Watched The Invention of Lying the other night. Ricky Gervais plays the only person on the planet who can lie and makes himself Jesus. It's decent enough, got a few plot holes in it and Ricky Gervais can only play Ricky Gervais but it's worth watching if it happens to be on tv I guess.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2013, 02:52 PM #207 of 352
oh my god Acer, I have a Drink On Movie that I must Tell Everyone about:

The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking. You know, the American one. Holy fucking shit. The movie is, quite literally, So Bad It's Awesome. Oh my god. Songs. The Songs. That Won't get out of My Head. Holy shit.

FELIPE NO
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2013, 03:44 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2013, 09:44 PM #208 of 352
Today was a good day for tv with both Hear no evil, see no evil on and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, the former being slightly funnier than the latter but both being ace.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:25 AM #209 of 352
oh my god Acer, I have a Drink On Movie that I must Tell Everyone about:

The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking. You know, the American one. Holy fucking shit. The movie is, quite literally, So Bad It's Awesome. Oh my god. Songs. The Songs. That Won't get out of My Head. Holy shit.
I would highly recommend combining this film with a viewing of THE PIRATE MOVIE.

YouTube Video

How ya doing, buddy?
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2013, 07:26 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2013, 06:26 PM 1 #210 of 352
In keeping with my ability to be insanely behind the times I've just started watching Community (when I say just started I mean we spent the weekend getting through the first 2 seasons and part way into the third) and today just watched the first episode of Firefly. UMF <3
I also only recently discovered Community. I didn't really like it at first, but it was something to have on while i was editing. Around the beginning of season 2 i realized that the show had really evolved since the beginning, and i really love it now. I really hope season 4 keeps up (haven't started it yet).

And in keeping with my going back to sitcoms that have been around for a while (basically, i just got netflix) i finally decided to give Arrested Development another try. I'm liking it more now that i'm watching them in order, and not just one at a time, but it's remarkable how polar opposite Arrested Development and Community are. Community is characters you like and you hope to see them triumph over trials (or at least it is for me) and Arrested Development is characters i hate, and i love watching them suffer.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Bernard Black

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2013, 06:17 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2013, 11:17 PM #211 of 352
Yeah, I wasn't massively bowled over by the first season either (paintball though~), seems to be the way of it.

We started properly watching Curb Your Enthusiasm before the easter break. Oh man I thought I dealt with cringe just fine until this show. Literally cannot watch it in places, but it hurts so good somehow.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes was okay. I wasn't amazed by it. Might be skewed by the fact that David Hewlett is in it (yay!) but for a total screen time of about 2 minutes and as a dick (aww).

Last night saw Sightseers. I loved it. Hadn't a clue about the storyline, just knew Edgar Wright was involved and that was more than enough info, I'm glad I went in blind. So funny. I saw a review that said it was good but didn't outshine the director's previous film Kill List, which I now absolutely have to watch.

Also got introduced to This Morning with Richard not Judy and I now love Stewart Lee even more (only having seen Carpet Remnant World and Comedy Vehicle before this, and his articles in the Guardian recently have been fantastic). Only saw the first episode of each series but I was laughing pretty much constantly.

We also watched It's Kevin, which I probably cringed at more than Curb - that's saying something. There were one or two promising sketches but I felt like most of it fell flat on its face, which is sad because Kevin Eldon is beaut.

Saw Derek before the easter break as well. It's pretty good, kind of sweet, some laugh out loud moments (the crabs cracked me up), certainly tugs at your heartstrings. But there's something about it that doesn't sit right with me and I don't know what it is. I think maybe it feels a bit too simplistic, too obvious. There are clear good guys and bad guys and you can see exactly what's coming. The sad piano refrain was a bit ott in places as well. I don't know.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2013, 12:42 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2013, 01:42 PM #212 of 352
I saw Paul over the weekend. At first I didn't want to watch it because I read before that it wasn't that good. But it's a Simon Pegg/Nick Frost movie, it's supposed to be good! And I did like it. It's a fun sci-fi comedy, which plays on the same formula that Pegg and Frost has been using in the previous movies. There was some funny jokes, and cute pop culture references. Seth Rogen, who voiced the alien, was ok, but he sounded a bit annoying to me. Everytime I hear his voice I remember Green Hornet. blech.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2013, 04:28 PM Local time: Apr 6, 2013, 10:28 PM 1 #213 of 352
Just watched Piranha 3DD. It's fucking terrible of course but I was in the mood for something silly and it's certainly that. The disc was fucked and it skipped about ten minutes of the main "plot" at the end so I've no idea how half the people died or how they killed the piranhas but I'm not sure that's in any way lessened my enjoyment of the film.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2013, 02:28 AM #214 of 352
Started watching Squidgirl recently after it being recommended by a friend. First thought was that it was going to be a hentai (with a name like "squidgirl", who wouldn't). It is an overload of cute with the amount of fish/water puns. I have only gotten half way through the series right now but I plan on finishing it now that I have some free time.

Bernard Black

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2013, 04:43 AM Local time: Apr 16, 2013, 09:43 AM 1 #215 of 352

Season 3 episode 8

also interspersed with Parks and Rec which has made me realise I'm basically dating a young British Ron Swanson

FELIPE NO
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2013, 08:45 AM #216 of 352
So watching Gene Wilder Willy Wonka, and I had a crazy theory:

Wonka is even more of a Magnificent Bastard than he already is? I think that Wonka HAND-PICKED Charlie; there's a line where Wonka says "You were being tested" and I totally heard that as a SINGULAR "you." Think about it for a second; the Slugworth stand-in shows up AWFULLY fast after Charlie gets his ticket, unlike the other kids, who were visited by him only by the time that they were on TV. While, yes, Charlie lives in the part of America that Babe (the movie) takes place in (you know, Not-England), which is also where Wonka's factory is, there's no way that Wonka could have sent the man to meet him less than a minute after he finds the ticket, mob of people or not (creepy lady shouting RUN HOME CHARLIE). This means that Wonka is just a dick who was trying to teach a lesson to the other kids while letting Charlie understand his way of thinking.

I also have comments on Rainbow Brite (the Movie) and Care Bears 2, but I can't be arsed to write them right now.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by wvlfpvp; Apr 16, 2013 at 04:19 PM.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2013, 06:08 PM #217 of 352
I watched Wreck-It Ralph for the first time today and that's probably the best movie I've seen since the Dark Knight in 2008 (by the way, I'm not a big movie watcher).

The story was a little corny but that and all the character appearances plus the little jokes that just popped up out of nowhere kept me entertained (Nesquik sand, brilliant). Also, despite all the times I heard it from the trailers on TV I still laughed at the duty/doody jokes.

I guess a sequel is in the works since it did well.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2013, 05:09 AM Local time: May 5, 2013, 11:09 AM #218 of 352
So watching Gene Wilder Willy Wonka, and I had a crazy theory:

Wonka is even more of a Magnificent Bastard than he already is? I think that Wonka HAND-PICKED Charlie; there's a line where Wonka says "You were being tested" and I totally heard that as a SINGULAR "you." Think about it for a second; the Slugworth stand-in shows up AWFULLY fast after Charlie gets his ticket, unlike the other kids, who were visited by him only by the time that they were on TV. While, yes, Charlie lives in the part of America that Babe (the movie) takes place in (you know, Not-England), which is also where Wonka's factory is, there's no way that Wonka could have sent the man to meet him less than a minute after he finds the ticket, mob of people or not (creepy lady shouting RUN HOME CHARLIE). This means that Wonka is just a dick who was trying to teach a lesson to the other kids while letting Charlie understand his way of thinking.
You have read the book, right? Also, Great Glass Elevator.

I watched Ted the other day. I thought it was hilarious and much better than I thought it was going to be actually.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2013, 07:41 PM #219 of 352
(I haven't read them since I was a child. Forgetting things)

Most amazing jew boots
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2013, 03:31 PM Local time: May 13, 2013, 09:31 PM #220 of 352
Just watched Alex Cross. It was shit.

I'm so sick of clichéd cop films. Why would it be so hard for cops to occasionally put on a proper evidence suit before entering a crime scene? Why are there never any proper procedures followed? Why do the bad guys never get arrested, they always get killed?

Alex Cross is about the most clichéd film I've seen in years which is odd as the books are actually pretty good. James Patterson must just not give a fuck any more to have put his name to this.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Bernard Black

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2013, 04:14 PM Local time: May 17, 2013, 09:14 PM #221 of 352
Got round to watching Arrested Development and now I understand Helloween's comments. Enjoyed it a lot.

Also started watching Lie To Me and The Mentalist. Not really that enamoured with the latter. It's average drama, straightforward and kind of flat characters, unconvincing suspects, don't much care for it. Lie to Me's a bit better and I find it more engaging but I don't care much if I miss an episode or two (except I miss the effect it has on my flatmates, who lapse into fits of cockney whenever Cal loses it). Just become sort of saturated with the stock crime-solving dramas I suppose.

Speaking of which we watched the first couple of episodes of Hannibal. It's certainly creepy and surreal, I enjoy the way they play around with the visuals. But I don't know how to feel about it. None of the characters are particularly likeable to me so far, and it's not the most comfortable thing to watch either. I suppose the main driving point is how long it'll take them to figure out Hannibal.

Most amazing jew boots
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2013, 04:18 PM Local time: May 17, 2013, 10:18 PM #222 of 352
Noos bought the complete boxed set of Wire in the Blood. Watched the first couple of episodes tonight on the projector for no reason at all other than fuck yeah I've got a projector. It's aged well, better than I thought it would have and it's been long enough since they were first on that I can't remember what happens which is good.

Bernard Black

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2013, 06:57 AM Local time: Jun 15, 2013, 11:57 AM #223 of 352
I feel I understand Hannibal a bit better after reading this haiku:

hannibal stop that

hannibal leave will alone

fuck you hannibal

Oh yes and Twin Peaks, that's happening. We got the boxset for Christmas, just been wrapping up a bunch of other shows first.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Bernard Black; Jun 15, 2013 at 05:28 PM.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2013, 01:05 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2013, 07:05 PM #224 of 352
Watched Snow White and the Huntsman last night and God damn that Twilight bitch cannot act. She's not even that pretty, who the fuck was in charge of casting? An otherwise really good film completely ruined by her one facial expression all the way through. I thought putting Frodo in Green Street was the worst casting decision of all time but this seriously tops that. The sooner she does a Lohan and fucks off to drug-addled unemployment the better for everyone.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2013, 07:22 PM #225 of 352
The Purge was a home invasion movie with some interesting ideas and commentary on entitlement, but ... yeah. It's a home invasion movie.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?