Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Beer Thread

Randi
You may be a sinner but your innocence is mine

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:19 AM Local time: Oct 14, 2009, 07:19 AM #26 of 56
When I was younger I used to drink anything that was under $2 for a 40. Thinking back to what I used to drink makes me cringe. Piss beer in the beer pong cups, Old English and orange juice (I'll never drink this again. I drank 120 ounces of the crap one night and ended up puking until my throat was raw.) Spaten and Stella weren't that bad, but it was rare that I was ever able to pay upwards of $20 for a 12 pack.

There's a local pub near my house that has 20 different beers on tap and over 150 different beers at any given time. Whenever I drop by, I usually ask the regulars what the good specials are and what I should try. Sometimes it's a hit, sometimes it's a miss, but the exposure is invaluable. I like the pub because the only shit beer they sell is bottles of Budweiser and whenever someone buys it, they ring a bell and everyone in the bar boos as loudly as they possibly can. The boos get louder and more intense the later the night gets.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:41 AM #27 of 56
I like how you make this awful generic post - but dissed my old-ass post because I actually know what I'm talking about.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Randi

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:45 AM Local time: Oct 14, 2009, 07:45 AM #28 of 56
Dude, you said New Castle was the best beer you've ever tried and everything else has been "downhill" (which I assume to mean lesser-than). You don't know shit.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:09 AM #29 of 56
Dude, you said New Castle was the best beer you've ever tried
1.) You're posting in a thread based specifically on personal opinion. Being critical of it and then posting yours is a failure in logic on your part.

2.) I didn't say it was the best beer I ever had. Please go back and check what you read and then note at no point did I edit the post to prove you wrong.

3.) English may be your second language and if thats the case, I apologize when I point out that I purposely formed the sentence in a specific manner to suggest that drinking has become a vice for me, thus leading to the "down hill" I mentioned in that post. If English is your common tongue, please become a functioning, literate person before you ever reply to me again.

4.) I worked in one of the largest liquor stores in my state for 5 years, where we stocked over 100 different bottles of domestic, import and mico brews from all over the world. Nevermind that we also sold thousands of types of wine, hard liquor and anything revolving around or involving alcohol in some form or fashion. Whatever streetwise smarts you picked up from drinking OE while smoking and joking on the street corner with your hoodrat friends doesn't amount to shit and/or fuck because I had to sell this shit via store and distributor in amounts and quality that would probably make your brain numb over.

5.) Balls to your chin, bitch.

Most amazing jew boots
Randi

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:20 AM Local time: Oct 14, 2009, 08:20 AM 4 #30 of 56
EDIT: Actually, I removed the diss so you don't need to snap your fingers any louder. I don't know what you look like, but I have a funny feeling that you're probably an angry-short little man.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:21 AM Local time: Oct 14, 2009, 09:21 AM #31 of 56
I believe my first was in high school; a Coors Light I stole from my dad. Like anyone else's experience, I thought it tasted like crap and didn't touch beer until I got into college.

For getting absolutely wrecked beyond the ability to walk its Dogfish Head World Wide Stout (18% ABV)
I concur with lurker; this one is pretty tasty. I can't drink more than half a pint though...usually end up sharing it with someone.

For my standard issue I like sticking to Sapporo, but if not available I go for micro-brewery specialties. Thankfully I live in an area where the latter is plentiful.

I usually don't drink at all on the account of my wallet.

FELIPE NO
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:27 AM #32 of 56
I have a funny feeling that you're probably an angry-short little man.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:45 AM Local time: Oct 14, 2009, 09:45 AM #33 of 56
Man, that shit is not a toy. But, like any double stout or ale, it's worth its weight in gold. My personal favorite I've ever had is the Rogue Double Dead Guy Ale. I've had a bottle sitting in my beer fridge for well over 6 months now and I think I'm gonna drink it on Thanksgiving.

As for my regular beer of choice, I despise almost everything that Anheuser-Busch makes, so I try to stick with imported beer or, if there's absolutely nothing else, Coors Regular is OK but it needs to be really cold for it to be palatable. The bottles that get recycled from here at the house on a monthly basis tell a damning tale of Newcastle Brown, New Belgium, Heineken, Pacifico and Humboldt Hemp Ale binges and I'm continually surprised how much of this stuff gets consumed here at our house on weekends.

I like to grill regularly, so anything that goes with food that we're eating is always a plus. Carne asada with beans and a salad always goes well with a Pacifico or a Newcastle while a steak and grill-baked potato will always go good with a Fat Tire. The beer gets rotated here depending on what we're cooking.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:47 AM Local time: Oct 14, 2009, 10:47 AM #34 of 56
My first beer was when i was 16 in germany on an exchange program. My german friends took me out pub hopping, and just cause i had no idea what i was doing, my first beer was a Guiness. It was a little strong, but at no point did i ever outright dislike it. After one, i didn't know if i wanted anymore, but then my friends decided that i couldn't let that be the end of my first experience. I tried various big name german beers, as well as a number of microbrews over the course of the night. I can't remember any of the names, which makes me sad, cause i'd like to try and track down some of them when i eventually go back to germany.

As for now, i don't drink beer that often, but i do whenever i'm around my dad, grandpa, or uncle. We all enjoy beer, and the former two enjoy wines and whiskeys which i'm slowly developing a taste for as well. My uncle, however, is a beer drinker, through and through.

Beers that i've taken a liking to would be Molson, and Moosehead and Rickards for big name Canadian beers, as well as some of the smaller brands from Manitoba, specifically Fort Garry dark, and pale, as well as Two Rivers. I still enjoy many of the beers i picked up in Europe, like Heineken or Becks. I've also really enjoyed Stella in the past, but nobody in my family is a big Stella drinker so i don't get much exposure to that name.

Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:33 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2009, 07:33 PM #35 of 56
Speaking of Germany and beer. 3 weeks ago: Munich: Oktoberfest: Me in the middle of it.
Normally I'm not that fond of regular Pilsner, but having it served cold 1 liter at a time certainly has its charm. Quantity over quality at its best.

I was down there with this beer club we have, and plans for next year was going to be drinking a whole lot of beer in Prague.
That idea went down the can. We'll return for another round of Oktoberfest next year instead.

GafferTape
i like beer

Member 34613

Level 1.47

Oct 2009

Old Oct 14, 2009, 02:13 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2009, 02:13 PM #36 of 56
well this is interesting.. BEER! I had my first beer at 19, Miller Lite.. at a LAN party. didn't like it at all but it made me feel funny so I kept downing it whilst shooting my own teammates in Battlefield 1942.. good times. Then when I hit 21, I bought a case of Guinness because the picture on the box made it look tasty. I got hooked. It's all I really drink nowadays and various microbrews. Though I did buy a 40oz of Steel Reserve the other day. I was gonna puke out my insides after drinking that. Yuck.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2009, 08:45 AM 1 #37 of 56
I had a rauchbier last night. I am pumped about it. It's perfect for autumn! You know, all them leaf bonfires, having fires in your fireplaces, it's a bit colder so you want something heavier for your beer...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2009, 09:39 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2009, 04:39 PM #38 of 56
Last weekend I dranked some Rauchbier too (can't remember the label right now) while I was in a restaurant in Vienna. It fit well with the plate of Geräucht (smoked) Salmon I had.

Have to agree with you on the autumny thing.

You should also try smoked chocolate stout while you're at it.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2009, 09:17 AM #39 of 56
Oh yeah, Deni was a huge fan of chocolate stouts some time back. Now's getting to be the time of the year for it too...

big beers.

FELIPE NO
i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:43 PM Local time: Apr 17, 2010, 11:43 PM #40 of 56
I'm bumping this thread because I'm in need of recommendations and because people need to drink more beer in general.

I just got into Orlando, Florida this morning and I would really enjoy checking out a local beer or twelve while I'm here. Bought a Blue Moon Summer Sampler and am enjoying it quite heartily so far. I'm actuallly curious as to what American beers are worthwhile and readily available since this is my first time in the States. However the main reason for this post is that I would really appreciate recommendations for breweries, restaurants or what have you that serve local brews.

Just to clarify, I don't see color when it comes to beer so any which kind of brew will do, so long as it's something that's got a bit of flavor to it.

Juggle dammit
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:07 PM #41 of 56
I'm not from the Florida area so I can't recommend any good local stuff. Obviously you're trying to stay away from the Millers, the Buschs, the Coronas... Dogfishhead is available everywhere. Rogue is another good brand, their Hazelnut Brown Nectar is one of my favorites. Bells is a large brewery from my area that might sell down there. Oberon is their summer brew and it's just now becoming available, and you should probably be able to get Two-Hearted Ale (hoppy) or Hopslam (hoppier) still.

knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:33 PM Local time: Apr 18, 2010, 11:33 AM #42 of 56
A lot of that stuff you can get here in Canada, lurker.

To be honest with you Rychord, Orlando, Florida is kind of a shit place to be if you want to spend your time trying interesting local beers. Best bet though is to head here.

How ya doing, buddy?
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2010, 02:03 PM #43 of 56
Sam Adams. Just try a Sam Adams. At some point I'm going to get my hands on their Noble Pils variety (it's brewed with all five noble hops), and I'm guessing I will enjoy.

It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2010, 03:23 PM #44 of 56

Delirium Tremens. This is my favorite beer ever. Smooth, tasty, and just plain beautiful. It tastes better out of the bottle than it does on draught. If you can come across some of this, give it a try.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2010, 04:30 PM #45 of 56
A lot of that stuff you can get here in Canada, lurker.

To be honest with you Rychord, Orlando, Florida is kind of a shit place to be if you want to spend your time trying interesting local beers. Best bet though is to head here.
Oh. I didn't know where Rychord was from.

I was speaking idiomatically.
i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Apr 18, 2010, 05:58 PM Local time: Apr 18, 2010, 06:58 PM #46 of 56
Lurker: The only one I've tried from your list was a Rogue Dead Guy Ale (well, besides miller et al.), Though I saw a Dogfishhead variety or two at the Publix near here so I'll give it a try.

knk: I haven't really tried most of what Lurker mentioned, as Montreal is mostly Quebec beer in most places and there are a good enough variety of those that you don't have to go looking for imports most days. New Brunswick (where I'm originally from) is just piss poor for beer, besides Picaroon's and the Pumphouse brewery, both of which I'm pretty sure don't sell their beer outside the province. I'll see if I can give the place you listed a try, though with a couple reviews comparing it to a dank pit I can imagine having a hard time getting it to fly with my GF and her parents, though judging by the reviews that really should be the place to go. By the way, how many varieties of Big Rock do you guys have in Alberta? I tried their Grasshopper and red ale back home and they rate pretty high on my list of awesome. Wish we got more of that down there.

wvlfpvp: Sucking back a Coastal Wheat right now, eyeing the Black lager next (thank god for variety packs ). pretty good stuff.

Sprout: I've drunk that before and it is indeed quite good!

Thanks for the suggestions all, and keep 'em coming! I'm here 'til next sunday so I have a bit of time yet to try more!

Juggle dammit
i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Apr 22, 2010, 08:58 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2010, 09:58 PM #47 of 56
Drinking some Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA right now, it's the best beer I've tasted on this trip so far. Also had Yuengling lager wish was all right, and some Linenkugel Berry Weiss, which was ok, though it tastes a bit watered down. Also had a few at the theme parks, none too noteworthy though.

Additional brew: @wvlfpvp: Had a Noble Pils tonight, t'was indeed great stuff. It had an astringency to its aftertaste that I've rarely gotten from a beer before. It took me a while to find this beer though.

FELIPE NO

Juggle dammit
Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2010, 05:47 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2010, 03:47 PM #48 of 56
Anything made by Anhueser(sp?)-Busch or Coors Brewing company is complete shit, except IF PBR is made by either than those than I shall UN-broaden that statement and say that everything besides PBR is utter shit.

That said, I drink almost exclusively io-brews. My favorites areanything from Lost Coast Brewery in Eureka, CA, anything from Lagunitas Brewing Co. in Petaluma, CA, and many others. If you're in the Cali area consider trying these delicious micro-brews: Downtown Brown, Great White, Lagunitas IPA, The "Kronik" (aka Censored Ale), Moylan's Kilt Lifter Ale, and Arrogant Bastard

knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2010, 05:49 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2010, 04:49 PM #49 of 56
Pabst Blue Ribbon is shit, it's just shit that's socially acceptable because of its acting resume.

wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2010, 06:27 PM #50 of 56
So, I had my Pabst in memoriam and I have to say that it's not bad until the last third of the can and then HOLY SHIT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS NASTINESS.

Also, somehow I missed the perfect opportunity to memorialize when I went to see Get Him to the Greek and they showed some fucking Heineken commercial beforehand. Nobody in the theatre shouted anything out either.

It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Beer Thread