Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread

shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 08:09 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 07:09 AM #51 of 800
With so much talk of FF figures I really need to post here!
I'm building a VG memorabilia museum with all characters VG, and have a good start on the FF section (even though most of it's not up yet, but you can see pics of the FF shelf of my collection in my forums) from FFVI to FFIX. Didn't play X or anything after because of time and money constraints, so naturally I didn't collect much FF after that.
If you guys would like to help with it, just click my sig, sign up for the forums and send me some pics. I'd be overjoyed to get some help!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:09 AM #52 of 800
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
Girl: Andrea Bowen

………
Spoiler:
If I'm right, its the girl holding the moogle plushie that told Denzel to go to the truck (with that promise of bieng cured). If this is true why get another VA for such a small role that some other VA could do?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:56 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 10:56 AM #53 of 800
Originally Posted by hikarub
Hantei, forgive me if I'm wrong, but weren't you the one who posted pics of the Cloud & Fenrir you bought and took out of the box? (Before the crash, I mean.) I just went and bought the set as well!

You mentioned that it was a bit difficult to remove Cloud's hand due to the close proximity of the elbow joint. I found this to not be a problem as the hand came off quite smoothly. However, putting Cloud's sword hand in it's stead was fucking HARD!!! o_O....Then it took me ages to put the sword in his hand after that. Just the way it was molded seemed to be a problem. I literally had to pry the fingers open with a screw driver before I could slip the sword handle in..... >_< . But after that it was great - the hand just held the sword in a good grip.....way cool!!

Putting him on the bike was....difficult too. I still can't get him to sit on the bike properly (his butt won't touch the seat) and I can't get his left hand to grip the steering handle. And is it just me or is the elevation of the front fork a little too high?

:cheers:
Yea I made that post. Haha, I'd say the overall removal of the right hand was difficult. I still can't seem to switch out his sword hand, and I dare not try, at least not until the individually packaged Cloud is release. I had trouble with the sword at first, but once I found the trick behind it was simple.

Sitting him in the bike can be a pain in the ass, specifically with his feet. It's difficult to get them to touch the pedals, but once you do it'll get easier. Cause then all you have to do is just push on him till his ass sits on the seat and his legs are grasping/wrapped-around the bike. Getting his hands to grip the handle can be done, it just takes a little juggling. Try rotating the grip handle, that might help you get the left hand to grip it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Bishounen Bitch
Pooped

Member 2130

Level 9.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 08:11 PM #54 of 800
Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday dear... *ahem*

This'll be the best birthday present in years. I've had my preorder in since June of last year and I kept wincing with each and every push back in release this damned movie had. That it's being released on my birthday kinda makes up for the delay. Yeah, yeah... I could have downloaded it like almost everyone else, but the whole FFVII thing is like a religion to me and it just didn't seem right to "cheat" on this. Besides, I'm truly going to enjoy watching the boys on a 33" screen as opposed to my 15" laptop.

...and thank heavens there's Japanese language with English subs. I'd seriously stab myself in the ears if I was limited to English dubbing. *cringes*

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 08:55 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 09:55 AM #55 of 800
Hey, congrats!! But are you gonna be able to get it on your Birthday? I know you've preordered but you better check to make sure they don't screw up and not have yours ready. That would make a disappointing Birthday.......

>_<

FELIPE NO
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Bishounen Bitch
Pooped

Member 2130

Level 9.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:04 PM #56 of 800
If those young lads at Gamestop are smart (and they'd better pray that they truly ARE) they'll know to start with the oldest preorders first and ring us up the day before to remind us. ...as if I need reminding. When I placed the preorder there weren't too terribly many people ahead of me so I'm fairly confident that I'll be celebrating my birthday with Cloud, Seph, and Reno.

If not, I'm sure you'll read about it in a world news report...

Hmm, you're right...I should probably stop in and check.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:08 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 09:08 PM #57 of 800
If I were you, if you haven't paid off your pre-order yet, I'd at least get about halfway there. That should just about do it if they don't give out pre-orders according to chronology. Even though we've merged, most EBs are like my store -- we still hold pre-orders for a couple days.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Bishounen Bitch
Pooped

Member 2130

Level 9.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:23 PM #58 of 800
I've got $20 down on the preorder but even so I think I'll stop in and have a chat with the guys. Afterall, it's been a week since I was last in there and for once we weren't discussing anything FF related.

...I'm a hopeless geek, I know.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 02:39 PM #59 of 800
So we got another promo/order sheet for AC again today. It pretty much looks exactly like the one we got from Sony back in September for the November 29th release with all the listing and pricing details except the cover art has been revised so that the red border at the top is now silver. It also lists all of the features for the DVD which is pretty much the same as those back in September and include...

Disc 1
  • Feature Film
  • Reminiscence of Final Fantasy VII Feature

Disc 2
  • Deleted Scenes
  • The Distance: Making Of Advent Children Featurette
  • Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Venice Film Festival Footage
  • Final Fantasy VII Videogame Trailers [Dirge of Cerberus etc]
  • Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Trailers

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:05 PM #60 of 800
A pathetically small list, but at least they changed that ugly red border.

Most amazing jew boots
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:24 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 02:24 PM #61 of 800
Originally Posted by Simo
Disc 1
  • Feature Film
  • Reminiscence of Final Fantasy VII Feature

Disc 2
  • Deleted Scenes
  • The Distance: Making Of Advent Children Featurette
  • Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Venice Film Festival Footage
  • Final Fantasy VII Videogame Trailers [Dirge of Cerberus etc]
  • Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Trailers
Meh, they really could have done more with the bonus section. They could have added something like a feature with the english VA cast or localization. They really should give some sort of compensation for the 7 month wait.

Oh well, at least that dumb looking red bar is gone now.

Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:40 PM #62 of 800
Originally Posted by Hantei
Meh, they really could have done more with the bonus section. They could have added something like a feature with the english VA cast or localization. They really should give some sort of compensation for the 7 month wait.

Oh well, at least that dumb looking red bar is gone now.
Yeah but now it's been replaced with a silver/grayish one that says "2 Disc Special Edition"....=/

I'm disappointed overall. Given what looks like an un-necessary 5 month, 7 if you count September '06, wait there's nothing spectacular on the DVD that wasn't already there for the scheduled for the November 29th release.

Most amazing jew boots
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:47 PM #63 of 800
Especially since it was stated that Nomura was spending day and night in his CG studio working on the US version. Well, there's still a shot that there are some unlisted extra features, or that there's a limited edition that's yet to be announced. But honestly, there's very little they could actually add that would make up for the massive delay, and expect to read a journal rant from me later on.

On that note, we should be happy it at least has a solid release date.

FELIPE NO
Amanda
Dive into the Heart

Member 716

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:59 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 06:29 PM #64 of 800
Wheelchair Guy (play along): Wally Wingert

This was one of the first VA’s listed, but now he’s confirmed. I only know him as Maximo, but I think he’ll do fine.
He was also Almighty Tallest Red in Invader Zim. Which makes the image of him voicing [Wheelchair Guy] strangely funny to me.

The lack of Last Order annoys me, so I'm still debating whether or not to buy this when it comes out in North America. But chances are I will eventually. Even though I'm more in love with the parody subtitles than the real move, heh.

I HIGHLY recommend watching the movie with the parody subs, by the way. I showed the parody subbed version to a group of friends, and even the ones that had never played FF7 were nearly in tears from laughter. I liked the subs so much that I spent three days learning how to hardsub them into the movie so I could burn it off on DVD for a bunch of people. Marlene's voiceover ALONE is priceless, and that's even before you get to Barret's new accent, Vincent pimping Dirge of Cerberus, the knitting jokes... Though you might never be able to watch a certain battle scene the same way again. X)

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.

Last edited by Amanda; Mar 10, 2006 at 04:07 PM.
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:41 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 01:41 PM #65 of 800
Heh, still waiting for that release? Yeah, can't wait. Here's something to take off a little bit of that waiting time......

:biggrin:

VGCats - Advent Children

"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 01:22 AM #66 of 800
You know, who gives a flying poo-poo about the extra features? Im paying about 25$ for this which is a pretty typical price for an anime movie (lets face it..CG animation is close enough to be considered anime) and Im not bitching about extra features. Considering that extra features that could be available...a) a lousy animated short anime movie titled "Last Order" which after watching it via download...found it to be dull and lacking. b) "the making of advent children" ...all that stuff about the making of and crap like that doesnt impress me...so I could care less.

Point is, what more do you want? Do you want to be able to put in your DVD and a lifesize human clone of Cloud pops out of your DVD player? Perhaps you think it should be an extended cut...with 20 minutes of more footage then the original? I dont think so. I will be happy and content with the movie if it turns out well. Fact is...that unless you died or went blind in the past 7 months...you have no reason to bitch about it being pushed back. Unless of course you would of preferred a dub with mismatched synchronization. Id rather wait and have it done right, instead of a botched rushed release.

JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 02:01 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 12:01 AM #67 of 800
I wouldn't mind a Jap DTS track, myself.

But to be honest, as long as it has English and Jap 5.1 Dolby and a excellent video bitrate, I'll be happy with the Advent Children DVD release.

khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:24 AM #68 of 800
Well I am pretty sure that it will, I could go read somewhere about the DVD but that would just take too much caring and effort. Although can you imagine if they released it with just the english dub tracks? Man oh man, there would be some pissed off fan boys. I bet those fanboys (and girls) would get all worked up...be irate beyond belief...yell and scream in an angsty kind of way (much like they do on myspace)...and sit down at their computer and send SE a ...nice email ...complimenting them..yet at the same time subtley asking where is the japanese track?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Zephova
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2143

Level 1.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 09:08 PM #69 of 800
Neat. I've alway wanted to buy the figures. The Kefka one is amazing, alot better than the Safer Sephiroth one, which actually looks like a 3rd grader made it.

I seen AC through torrent a month and a half ago. Its amazing. Because of that I really don't care when the released date is.

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 09:32 PM #70 of 800
MAN, the pics of the figures at the toy fair are driving me insane. They look so awesome but I can't get any *sob!*

As for the movie, hopefully I can get it when it comes out. I was already planning on getting the Sims 2 Family Fun Pack which also comes out in April. Arrgh, decisions decisions.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 09:31 PM #71 of 800
Quote:
Special Advent Children Screening in LA
Square-Enix and Sony Pictures will be holding a special one off screening at ArcLight Cinemas in Hollywood on April 3rd. Although there will be no charge to attend the screening, tickets will only be available on a first come first served basis. Production staff are also expected to be in attendance.
-ac.net

The burning renmants of the original plan to show the movie in select theaters.

Fuck you, Square Enix.

Most amazing jew boots
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:45 PM #72 of 800
-ac.net

The burning renmants of the original plan to show the movie in select theaters.

Fuck you, Square Enix.
That actually wasn't confirmed though was it? This idea to screen the film for a limited time or one off pretty much coincides with the Japanese screening they did prior to the DVD release there.

Reunion Files cover art:

144 page book featuring interviews with the development team and voice actors along with previously released and unreleased CG artwork, design materials and more. It'll be released in Japan on May 2nd for 2,520 yen.

blisteredhands
bored

Member 241

Level 4.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 03:33 PM #73 of 800
I don't know if it'd ever been specified within the thread whether the DVD will contain English and Japanese audio, but, according to amazon (I know, great source....) it will include both English Dolby 5.1 and Japanese Dolby 5.1.

MrSatan
I'm the best, and the best thing is you know it!

Member 270

Level 15.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 07:42 PM #74 of 800
thats good news, besides i dont think there is any reason for not realeasing the japanese audio track

Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 10:23 AM #75 of 800
EBgames and GameStop are offering up a bonus 3rd disc if you preorder...

Exclusive bonus DVD contents:
Quote:
* 1.5 hours of bonus footage, including interviews with primary voicing talent: Mena Suvari, Steve Burton, and Rachael Leigh Cook.

* Special trailers for:
- Ringers: Lord of the Fans
- Stargate: Atlantis
- Underworld: Evolution

* 4-color Final Fantasy Label on disc.

* Disc enclosed in a see-through jewel case!
Nothing major but if you're going to buy the DVD anyways then slapping down $5 to preorder the DVD and net the bonus DVD ain't all bad.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread