Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PSP] PSP Discussion. Hay guys I just got one for Crisis Core, can u help me how 2 hax pls?

T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:47 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 11:47 PM #1 of 1496
PSP Discussion. Hay guys I just got one for Crisis Core, can u help me how 2 hax pls?

My, how odd. It's been nearly an entire day and no thread created for the PSP. Makes me wonder how it's doing in sales nowadays. Anyway, talk PSP here.

I suppose it would prove useful to provide the PSP Support page...

http://www.us.playstation.com/psp.as...SoftwareUpdate

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by T1249NTSCJ; Mar 2, 2006 at 10:51 PM.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:58 PM #2 of 1496
I'd just like to warn everyone to

DO NOT BUY GENERATION OF CHAOS

It's a horrible, dispicable excuse for a "game," and is an incredible disappointment, as the artwork and music aren't too bad. Unfortunately, the gameplay is about as easy and/or fun as taking high level calculus classes. Without a teacher. And your textbook is in Spanish.

-There is no tutorial in the game.
-You can barely command your troops in battle, making it a toss up if you'll win/lose. Not to mention the fact that battles are incredibly sluggish and chug like the game is on an outdated PC.
-Load times are frequent and slow the game to a snail's pace.
-All the menu commands are confusingly abbreviated in 3 letters like RCT, ARG, PRS.
-The instruction manual only defines terms but doesn't help you apply it to any actual process or strategy.
-The DIALOGUE TEXT LAGS during story parts.
-The saving process is cumbersome (making you rename your save file and asking you if you want to delete some files even if you have hundreds of MB of space, EVERY TIME).
-The text is nigh-unreadable as it's a tiny, mangled serif font.
-It's not a NIS game, it's an Idea Factory game, so don't think I'm hating on NIS. I love Disgaea and Phantom Brave.

Just check the board for this game on GameFAQs, you'll see a real shitfest going on. Fortunately, the day I bought it, I also put it up on eBay for 30 bucks and it sold in a few hours (I couldn't return it to EB, and their trade-in value is 15 bucks, talk about rip-off).

I'm finally glad to have it off my hands.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
OZZcln
Fallen Angel

Member 645

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:00 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 11:00 PM #3 of 1496
Thanks for that JF cause I was wondering, though I'd have to say that the megaman X maverick hunter is nice. I'm enjoying the wireless internet at work though now that there's an Alltell next door

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:01 PM #4 of 1496
Originally Posted by OZZcln
Thanks for that JF cause I was wondering, though I'd have to say that the megaman X maverick hunter is nice. I'm enjoying the wireless internet at work though now that there's an Alltell next door
Yes, I just bought Maverick Hunter X today, it's truly cleansed the palate from the horrendous Generation of Chaos. I've decided to finally take the plunge and upgrade my firmware so I can enjoy MHX and the future PSP titles.

I highly recommend importing DJ Max Portable if anyone likes music games (it's one of the most polished, replayable games I own).

The next PSP games I have my eye on are Tales of Eternia (Euro import) and Megaman Powered Up! (US version).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
OZZcln
Fallen Angel

Member 645

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:03 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 11:03 PM #5 of 1496
Well if there's anything you want to know about before you buy it just let me know, I usually test them before I buy them. Perks of being the ASM at a gamestop. As a result I only have like 4 games though XD.
Though I did like the prince of persia revelations. I've heard Legend of heroes is good as well but havent had a chance to play it yet.

I was speaking idiomatically.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:08 PM #6 of 1496
Well, actually, I might be the one for you to ask if you want to know about PSP games.

I own:

-Untold Legends
-Ridge Racer
-Metal Gear Ac!d
-Lumines
-Mercury
-GTA: LCS
-Ultimate Block Party
-Wipeout Pure
-Gripshift
-Legend of Heroes
-Popolocrois
-Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix
-Hot Shots Golf
-Ape Escape On the Loose
-Smart Bomb
-Rengoku
-Darkstalkers
-DJ Max Portable
-Megaman Maverick Hunter X

Legend of Heroes I'd advise against. It's very mediocre and clunky. The only PSP RPG I could recommend as a good game would be Tales of Eternia, and I haven't even played it yet. Popolocrois is better than LoH, but it's still a bit bland. Breath of Fire III (Euro edition) I heard has bad load times between fights, which would piss me off to no end, since the original game had an incredibly high encounter rate in the first place.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:00 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:00 AM #7 of 1496
Ha ha ha, I'm nearing the end of LOH right now!! I thought it was okay, though the game play did get a bit frustrating at times. The typos were LOL and sometimes the text didn't even end on the screen, or would just overlap the dialogue box.

But I still thought it was kind'a cool as my first RPG on the PSP. I've heard that Tales of Eternia is pretty good so I'll definately be getting that. I'll probably also get the new Monster Hunter game too. I haven't played the PS2 version, but I've heard it's good. Any comments?

:cheers:

Most amazing jew boots
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:43 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:43 PM #8 of 1496
I've always considered the PSP a "remake machine"

I think it would be really cool if they made more remakes for it. Maybe some SNES game remakes like Maverick Hunter X.

I think it would be great to have those old games remade and have extra levels and maybe a new storyline.

It's just a dream though....

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:50 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:50 PM #9 of 1496
Sadly, JazzFlight's right. Unfortunately, he didn't post before I bought the game. T___T Yes, Generation of Chaos is teh lame UNLESS you are a hardcore S-RPG fanatic. Still, no tutorial blows.

If you want some awesome games, I'd suggest checking out the following: Megaman Maverick Hunter X, Kingdom of Paradise, Darkstalkers, and the Ys: Ark of Napishtim port. If you can get your hands on it, the Pursuit Force demo FUCKING ROCKS.

Lumines was fun, but if you want a challenging puzzle game, get Mercury. Mercury is crazy nonsense but it's a lot of fun. The only thing it's missing is "Shining" from Lumines. I'm still addicted to that song. ; ;

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Casaubon
Shocking

Member 539

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:57 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 10:57 AM #10 of 1496
Sadly I also picked up Generation of Chaos. I was so hyped up I thought this was gonna be damn fun for a portable, talk about piece of trash. I'm just gonna end up selling it or something. It's not even the lack of a tutorial, it just fucking sucks.

I picked up the Ys game too since I thought why not, the game is pretty good but the load times are horrid. I'm talking like 10 seconds for area changes, even if it's a small house or something. And the disc spins so loudly it's not even funny. Despite the technical problems, I really like this game. The battle system is fun, yet simple, so far anyways. Does it really get anymore then pressing square over and over?

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:59 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:59 PM #11 of 1496
When you upgrade the Livart sword to the 4th level, you get a new attack where you have to hit Square three times, and then Circle. o__O

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:41 PM #12 of 1496
Yay, I heard PSP is getting PowerStone!!!, but then it might be some idiot spreading false rumor!~! >.<

T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:48 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 06:48 PM #13 of 1496
No, you heard correct. I'm surprised Nintendo didn't push for this game on the Gamecube. :doh:

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/p...9&q=powerstone

El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:13 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 12:13 AM #14 of 1496
Tales of Eternia is great, it seriously is one of the best ports of a game I've ever seen, runs totally smooth and bug free. Also on the plus side is that it is a pretty decent game which can keep you entertained for around 40-60 hours, for those of you who don't know Legend of Eternia = Tales of Destiny II.

Definatley one to buy if you have a PSP IMO.

Agent Olive
Desert Rose

Member 249

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:15 PM #15 of 1496
Bought it at launch along with Ridge Racer and Metal Gear Acid. Haven't used it much since, I'm not a big fan to be honest.

How ya doing, buddy?
BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 01:54 AM #16 of 1496
I'm actually looking forward to Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming this summer. Supposedly it's WiFi.

[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 07:52 AM #17 of 1496
Out of all the PSP games.. I only have :

Darkstalkers : Chaos Tower
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
Rockman Irregular Hunter X (US)
GTA : LCS

and soon in march 14, i'll be getting Megaman Powered Up. so i sorta came to the conclusion that Capcom is sorta saving psp and preventing me from selling the thing. but other than that, im having fun playing sfa3:MAX. even if it also is for a bunch of consoles and handhelds XD.

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 01:15 PM #18 of 1496
Well, if any of you are bored with the games, why not pick up a 2 gig card (down to 80-100 dollars now) and use the system as a movie/tv show/anime player?

That's what I do now when I'm not playing games. The new AVC video codec that came with firmware 2.0 is excellent.

BIGWORM

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:00 PM #19 of 1496
I would be apprehensive to upgrade my firmware to 2.0, seeing that accessibility to roms and emulators (and UMD emulators for that matter) are, for the moment, unable to be used on 2.0.

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:02 PM #20 of 1496
Um. You can use emulators on 2.0.

The main thing you can't do on 2.0 is UMD emulation (ISOs) or use sleep mode during an emulator. Plus you can still downgrade back to 1.5.

You can even use emulators on 2.6 if you have GTA. I'm not saying it's as easy as the 1.5 method, but it's possible (you can't downgrade on a firmware higher than 2.0, though BTW).

BIGWORM

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:08 PM #21 of 1496
I'm completely out of the PSP loop, I wonder if all 2.0 firmwares are sold out by now. I've heard bricking your PSP when downgrading from 2.0 to 1.5 is as easy pie, though.

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:13 PM #22 of 1496
Originally Posted by BIGWORM
I'm completely out of the PSP loop, I wonder if all 2.0 firmwares are sold out by now. I've heard bricking your PSP when downgrading from 2.0 to 1.5 is as easy pie, though.
Not really. More like bricking if you try to upgrade from 1.5 to 2.0 if you have a faked firmware number active (like having your firmware say 5.6 or something).

To upgrade a 1.5, you have to set your faked firmware number back to 1.5, then upgrade to 2.0.

To downgrade from 2.0, follow these directions:
http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=20772

You may want to wait a little bit more, since MPH might come out with a UMD launcher for games 2.0+ on 1.5. I'm past that stage though (I have a 2.6 PSP), but you might be interested.

Last edited by JazzFlight; Mar 4, 2006 at 02:48 PM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 04:02 PM #23 of 1496
so far i only play snes on it..the only problem with the recent snes emulator is that when i want to save a game, it saves but when you get out of the emu and go back in.. its not there anymore. i guess i only use state save for it but i aint complaining about it so whatever.

is there a genesis emu out now??. i wouldn't mind playing shinobi 3 or s3andk on it

FELIPE NO
muSIQ ZUKI
Wark!

Member 1726

Level 1.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 08:58 PM #24 of 1496
I just beat Rockman X~ Awesome game, although I find it hard to play it on the PSP. I can't wait for Monster Hunter~ >_<

Pietak
HEY!!!

Member 1652

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 01:46 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 03:46 AM #25 of 1496
Looks like MPH finally got there...
Quote:
Yesterday MPH announced that he had successfully loaded the Grand Theft Auto UMD on a 1.50, and now he has released this groundbreaking application to the public. This program is the first steps in allowing 1.50 PSP owners the ability to play UMD games that require 2.0+ firmware. GTA is known to work as are a few other games such as SOCOM, but some may suffer from limitations such as the inability to save. Feel free to leave feedback as to what UMD's currently work.
More Info/Download
Ah, a nice step to anti-piracy, but GTA loaded and performed much better with the usage of my Memory Stick as opposed to UMD. But shoot, now I can get Ac!d2 running on my 1.5 PSP, excellent!

Love it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PSP] PSP Discussion. Hay guys I just got one for Crisis Core, can u help me how 2 hax pls?