Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What To Eat? PROTIP: THIS IS THE MGS4 THREAD

Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:19 AM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 02:19 PM #1 of 1533
Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What To Eat? PROTIP: THIS IS THE MGS4 THREAD

Since previous thread is no more, i am starting a new one.
After E3 all the net will be flooded with MGS4 related topics,why not start one here, in anticipation.
I personally cant wait to see Raiden,Liquid or any other characters in all new PS3 glory.
To hype things up Hideo blog is running a short 3 video series called MGS4 video report.Team of konami went to a SECRET LOCATION for "Excursion".

I want you guys to check and throw your guesses what could be the secret location,that will serve as inspiration or may be the whole level(country) in
MGS4.

From the people in background and the food, it definatley is some Muslim country.

Iran,Syria,Jordan or can be Israel????

h**p://www.blog.konami.jp/gs/img/mgs4passport/mgs4passport_01_e.wmv

h**p://www.blog.konami.jp/gs/img/mgs4passport/mgs4passport_02_e.wmv

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:46 AM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 02:46 AM #2 of 1533
I personally can't beleive an entire year has almost passed since last E3.

If you play the MGS3 Online the stage "Brown Town" seems like a sneak preview of the settng for MGS4, and if this is the case I'm all for it. This new mystery setting will definitely be a break from previous damp, dark, and dreary locals.

Also, according to wikipedia, the answers behind Ocelot's arm (specifics), Vamp's "powers" as well as the present day (in MGS time) Patriots mystery will be answered. All I can say, after playing through mgs2 about 30 times getting 100% dogtags on Sons of Liberty and Substance, I am more than excited.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
DSan
Banned

Member 2018

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 05:11 AM #3 of 1533
I watched an X-Play exclusive set of trailers from when they were at the Tokyo Gameshow a few nights ago. It showed most a long FMV where there were like twenty Metal Gear's and hundreds of soilders walking around an Arab city. Snake was trying to avoid them. It looks like it will be a pretty good game. Right now I just purchased a new PS2 and am working on MGS3.

How ya doing, buddy?
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 05:16 AM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 03:16 AM #4 of 1533
That trailer was included with MGS3: Subsistance, as well as viewable all over the internet, although I don't think Konami has it available to view, in fact, I can't find the official MGS4 Site. If anyone has a link?

Most amazing jew boots
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 06:11 AM #5 of 1533
Actually the TGS trailer is with Subsistence, to watch the actual MGS4 footage trailer is on that Metal Gear Saga vol.1 dvd.

Most amazing jew boots
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 09:06 AM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 07:06 PM #6 of 1533
Originally Posted by DSan
I watched an X-Play exclusive set of trailers from when they were at the Tokyo Gameshow a few nights ago. It showed most a long FMV where there were like twenty Metal Gear's and hundreds of soilders walking around an Arab city. Snake was trying to avoid them. It looks like it will be a pretty good game. Right now I just purchased a new PS2 and am working on MGS3.
What trailer is it??
The TGS one has nothing like 100 soldiers and 20 M.Gears?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 09:40 AM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 08:40 AM #7 of 1533
Quote:
Posted by Grigori Rasputin
Also, according to wikipedia, the answers behind Ocelot's arm (specifics), Vamp's "powers" as well as the present day (in MGS time) Patriots mystery will be answered.
I thought the deal with Ocelot's arm was explained in MGS3?
Spoiler (highlight to read):
The Sorrow is Ocelot's father. Ocelot inherited some of the Sorrow's spiritual medium powers, so that's why Liquid Snake is able to possess Ocelot through his arm.

FELIPE NO
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:27 AM #8 of 1533
am I the only who is totaly disgusted by MGS4? I so love MGS1/TS, MGS2 and MGS3 but when I look a that trailer, for me it's just full of shit! come on old Snake?! lol! and wtf with those robot with almost human legs? what happen to those cool Metal Gear? and what? no place to hide? and how is this suppose to be a sneaking mission game?

I just hope that this whole trailer was just a big joke from Kojima (like we are use to with MGS trailer >.>)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:45 AM #9 of 1533
Snake only looks old but he is actually young in age. It has something to do with how he was created and the side effect to it was aging faster than normal.

K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 11:12 AM #10 of 1533
Originally Posted by Sexninja

From the people in background and the food, it definatley is some Muslim country.

Iran,Syria,Jordan or can be Israel????
There is a lot of very, very little countries in that region, and Kojima just had to base it of of one of the cities

I diddnt even know Zanzibar was a country prior to Metal Gear.

Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:56 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 11:56 PM #11 of 1533
Originally Posted by Inhert
am I the only who is totaly disgusted by MGS4? I so love MGS1/TS, MGS2 and MGS3 but when I look a that trailer, for me it's just full of shit! come on old Snake?! lol! and wtf with those robot with almost human legs? what happen to those cool Metal Gear? and what? no place to hide? and how is this suppose to be a sneaking mission game?

I just hope that this whole trailer was just a big joke from Kojima (like we are use to with MGS trailer >.>)

It's accelerated aging that made him old.THis aging is side effect of cloning.
Some clones age early, some later.As you can see the aging process came into effect in Solidus first,thats why he was old in MGS2.

After this game Raiden will replace Snake,for future installments.
So raiden will be made to attract evryone in MGS4.
Let's see if Raiden new looks, will defeat Solid's fanbase.
That is what kojima is saying,people will forget Snake.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 02:07 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 12:07 PM #12 of 1533
Perhaps it's the FOX DIE that's making Snake age rapidly, an unintended side effect of the FOX DIE virus. I agree it will take some time get into grips with the new-old Snake, but what's done is done.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

- What we all do best -
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 03:46 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 01:46 AM #13 of 1533
We have to take Solidus into consideration too,he was OLD in MGS2 before Snake and the clones were made at the same time,so why Solidus got older early.
Thats why it makes sense with Cloning not with Foxdie and its OFFICIAL that cloning has side effect of accelerated aging or "accelerated cells degeneration" as kojima puts it.
Kojima said that Snake cells are being degenarated faster coz he is clone and he will get older sooner than normal people.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 03:55 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 03:55 PM #14 of 1533
Spoiler:
Sorrow was Ocelot's father? Do what now? O__o I don't remember ANYTHING about that... You sure? Or is this new and only on MGS3:Subsistence?

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:14 PM #15 of 1533
Originally Posted by Gechmir
Spoiler:
Sorrow was Ocelot's father? Do what now? O__o I don't remember ANYTHING about that... You sure? Or is this new and only on MGS3:Subsistence?
I thought everybody knew that, since
Spoiler:
the Boss is Ocelot's mother, if that happened to slip from memory. This was stated on the original game (Snake Eater).

FELIPE NO
DSan
Banned

Member 2018

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:37 PM #16 of 1533
Originally Posted by Spatula
Perhaps it's the FOX DIE that's making Snake age rapidly, an unintended side effect of the FOX DIE virus. I agree it will take some time get into grips with the new-old Snake, but what's done is done.
PLOT TWIST: Maybe Snake was actually retired and is like 70 when the Metal Gear war happens, and he comes out of retirement for his "last stand". :lolsign:

3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:50 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 02:50 PM #17 of 1533
Originally Posted by Monkey King
I thought the deal with Ocelot's arm was explained in MGS3?
Spoiler (highlight to read):
The Sorrow is Ocelot's father. Ocelot inherited some of the Sorrow's spiritual medium powers, so that's why Liquid Snake is able to possess Ocelot through his arm.
Well, if you put 2 and 2 together,

Spoiler:
and bridge the gap of coincidence with Ocelot's past and his parents, then yeah it's answered ;P but they're going to solidify, with detail, in mgs4. This is of course going off of wiki, although I don't know why they wouldn't talk about it.

and yes:
Spoiler:
Ocelot's parents are The Boss and The Sorrow. They don't clearly state that, but due to the enormous amounts of coincidence between the situations of The Boss's pregnancy and Ocelot's birth, which you find out via codec conversations, it's actually quite obvious

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 05:38 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 03:38 PM #18 of 1533
Originally Posted by K_ Takahashi
I thought everybody knew that, since
Spoiler:
the Boss is Ocelot's mother, if that happened to slip from memory. This was stated on the original game (Snake Eater).
Spoiler:

Indeed, remember how the Boss talked about giving birth on the field of Normandy in June 1944 since she was helping the Americans with the D-Day invasion?

A baby born with beautiful blue eyes.

- What we all do best -
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 05:50 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 12:50 AM #19 of 1533
Originally Posted by Inhert
come on old Snake?! lol! and wtf with those robot with almost human legs? what happen to those cool Metal Gear? and what? no place to hide? and how is this suppose to be a sneaking mission game?
Sorry, man, but are you an idiot, or what is the matter here?

That's very special of you.

How ya doing, buddy?
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 07:31 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 08:31 PM #20 of 1533
Yes, the Boss is Ocelot's mother. If you call Eva a bunch while in the cave, she'll tell you that Ocelot has been able to make Major at such a young age because he is the son of some "legendary soldier". Later, the Boss reveals that she gave birth on the battlefield durring the invasion of Normandy and that her son was taken from her by the Philosophers/Patriots. If you use some simple reasoning, it is easy to figure out that Ocelot is her son. The age fits perfectly (20 since Normandy) and Ocelot works for the Patriots as one of their most loyal spies, as though he's been doing it all his life. As further proof, Liquid reveals to Ocelot that the Sorrow was his father in the Sons of Liberty comic book.

As for MGS4, Kojima has promised that all of our questions will be answered. We'll know exactly why Liquid can possess Ocelot, the source of Vamp's powers, and the true nature of the Patriots will be revealed. It is also expected that we will see the return of Meryl (The Meryl lives ending in MGS1 is the official ending). If I may speculate here: I think that Vamp is going to be a protagonist in MGS4. He wants revenge for Fortune's death. His brief appearance durring MGS2's final moments seems to imply that Vamp is following Snake/Raiden, but to what end? I predict that he will try to team up with them to bring the Patriots down.

After playing MGO, I'm even more hyped for the game. MGS4's online mode is going to be something to really look forward to. The customizable weapons seems like fun. I found out that Snake's gun in the trailer is a SOPMOD M4:

Anyone turned off by the MGS4 trailer probably doesn't understand a few things. "No places to hide" simply means that there will be destructable environments (look at both MGS4 trailers for proof) and that the enemy AI is going to be random and unpredictable. In other words, the enemy soldiers won't have set paths or patrol routes like in previous MGS games, you'll never know when a group of enemies is going to sweep through your section of the city. The new Metal Gears are called "Gekko's", they are mass produced, pilotless AI controlled, nuclear equipped Metal Gears. They are bio-mechanical, their artificial leg "muscle" is grown. (This info can be found on a card in MG Acid 2). They may not look as cool as REX or even RAY, but they're definitely going to be interesting enemies since you're going to find them all over the city. Snake's "oldness" is because of his rapid aging due to the fact that he's a clone (most will agree that it's not because of FOXDIE). I believe that the serum that Naomi gives Snake will allow him to stay young, and possibly temporarily reverse the aging effects, meaning that "old man Snake" might not be old through out the whole game.

Check out what I found. It's a 1/6 scale MGS4 figure by Medicom. It's due at the end of 2006 with the price undecided. This one is an unarticulated prototype. I hope this is affordable and available in the US, however judging by the MGS3 figures it will likely be over $100 and Japan only:

This is one of the most accurate figures I've ever seen. The most detailed Snake ever! Freakin' bad ass.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

[ MOBIUS ]
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 08:36 PM #21 of 1533
Who even cares about Solid Snake after playing MGS3. Everyone knows the coolest characters in the series are now the Boss and Big Boss.

Also, Raiden will never be cool, simply because MGS2 exists in our time continuum. They should replace Snake with Meryl.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 08:56 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 06:56 PM #22 of 1533
I already have the Big Boss 1/6 so the old foggy one I don't want.

- What we all do best -
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 09:08 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 10:08 PM #23 of 1533
I'm jealous Spatula.

I think Raiden has the potential to be cool. Kojima already said that he's making Raiden tougher in MGS4. In the Sons of Liberty comic Raiden comes off as a psychotic. Raiden can never truely replace Snake though. But who's to say that the next MGS will be a sequel to 4? After Kojima leaves the series, MGS is dead to me so I really don't care too much what they do. They might as well go off and make it about Grey Fox or something. Or perhaps the series will skip ahead even further and we'll play as Olga's or Raiden's child? Maybe Ocelot had an illegitimate kid in there somewhere and we can play as that, then at least the Boss' bloodline will still be around (and still be badass).

FELIPE NO

[ MOBIUS ]
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 01:03 AM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 11:03 PM #24 of 1533
Quote:
I think Raiden has the potential to be cool.
Volgin should rape you for uttering that. Although I personally thought the whole secret theatre in MGS3 of Snake being stupid was just ...lame. Sorry.

Imagine all the old fart jokes about old Snake come the re-release of MGS4.

- What we all do best -
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 02:53 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 09:53 AM #25 of 1533

Did you also know that Zanzibar Land is a fictionous country created by Hideo Kojima and located somewhere in Asia? It's not that Zanzibar...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What To Eat? PROTIP: THIS IS THE MGS4 THREAD