Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Ver. 214. Gobble Gobble Gobble, Slurp Slurp Slurp

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 20, 2008, 06:02 AM Local time: Feb 20, 2008, 11:02 AM #51 of 1567
June 6?! BRAIN DAMAGE. ;_;

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2008, 07:05 AM Local time: Feb 20, 2008, 10:35 PM #52 of 1567
asfhhasfhHSLFLhsflhSFLHsflhSLFHslfhsfldsflhdasg... ! That's idiotic.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2008, 07:11 AM Local time: Feb 20, 2008, 01:11 PM #53 of 1567
Three months after US....

We've honestly had shitter deals.

Edit: No, wiat, lol, I lied, this deal is quite shite, June 6 is a rumor. N-UK likes to quash the rumour but all the same will not cough up a real date. Nintendo quashes latest SSBB EU release rumour - Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii News - VideoGamer.com

God damnit, nintendo. This sort of shit I expect from lesser companies that go by the name of ADV.

I was speaking idiomatically.
All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

Last edited by Conan-the-3rd; Feb 20, 2008 at 07:23 AM.
Megalith Beast
Kroaton Overlord

Member 1611

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2008, 08:23 AM Local time: Feb 20, 2008, 01:23 PM #54 of 1567
Hmm, sounds like I'm going to have to import. I hear Datel is working on some kind of Disc Swapping device for the Wii.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"HiiiisssssssssSSSSS" - Madagascan Hissing Cockroach
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2008, 09:20 AM #55 of 1567
Two Megaliths here? Blasphemy!

But ouch to Europe. At least the rumor ain't true. Would suck even more if it was later than the projected date.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Chaotic; Feb 20, 2008 at 09:36 AM.
Conan-the-3rd

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2008, 01:28 PM Local time: Feb 20, 2008, 07:28 PM #56 of 1567
Honesly at this point, I'd rather they'd pick a damn date so I can get to hating/loving them.

How ya doing, buddy?
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:46 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2008, 03:46 PM #57 of 1567
Would anyone know if the random stage select options are still in the game? The ones that were in additional rules in Melee and allowed you to turn stages off so they wouldnt show up when you selected a random stage.
And if so do the options include custom stages?
Yes, that option is still up (I actually selected that option and took 30 minutes trying to change it back). It also includes the custom stages, so that's all cool.

The June 6th release date rumour is the second June release rumour for the Europeans/Australians. Perhaps this may be an indication of when we're getting it?

Ah screw that. GIVE US A RELEASE DATE NOW ;_; us poor PAL people.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 02:09 AM #58 of 1567
Today's update: Meteor Smashes and Bowser's Special Moves.

I like Bowser's new side move... Now he has a Bowsercide move (which looks awesome). And ultimately, should this be used in a 1-on-1 match with 1 stock left for both, Bowser would get the win, since your opponent goes off screen first.

Sheesh, Bowser just got a whole lot better in this game.

And watching the BrawlCentral Stream... Awesome. Wolf has a spike.

And while I'm continuing to talk to myself, I always wondered why Shadow wasn't one of the loop running characters in Green Hill Zone. Go figure that he's an assist trophy.

Also, among new Pokemon I've seen in the Stream:
  • Gardevoir
  • Metagross
  • Gulpin
  • Weavile

And now for something of actual importance. Sakurai hates us.

Quote:
In a recent interview, Sakurai has confirmed that no extra character will be obtainable via WiiConnect24 or other means. He even states that he doesn't think it's even possible on the Wii itself. Sakurai also mentions that no other third party companies approcahed him at all for characters.

IGN: We have to ask because there are so many rumors about this. Are there any hidden characters to come? Can you unlock more hidden fighters by way of WiiConnect24 or will you offer new downloadable content -- new fighters, for example. -- using the service?

Masahiro Sakurai: No. There are no characters that can be unlocked via connecting to WiiConnect24 or interacting in that fashion. And I may be mistaken here, but the Wii doesn't have a hard drive -- it's a disc-based system -- so I don't think we'll be doing that, I don't think it's going to happen.

Courtesy of IGN.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Chaotic; Feb 21, 2008 at 03:23 AM.
ApOkwARG
IDDQD

Member 23708

Level 7.77

Aug 2007

Old Feb 21, 2008, 06:21 AM Local time: Feb 21, 2008, 01:21 PM #59 of 1567
That's a real bummer. I was really excited about the whole add-on characters thing.

Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 07:17 AM #60 of 1567
It makes sense that there's no new downloadable characters. He said it himself, there is no hard drive on the Wii, which makes it tricky to store any playable characters since it'd take quite a bit of memory to do so. Something the Wii's internal memory cannot handle, not to mention if they did it, EVERYBODY would need to get new characters for online play. Just seems like a pain to me. I'm happy with what they have now.

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 09:33 AM Local time: Feb 21, 2008, 02:33 PM #61 of 1567
Anyone who was expecting DLC beyond stage builder stuff was deluded. Sorry.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 09:42 AM #62 of 1567
Anyone who was expecting DLC beyond stage builder stuff was deluded. Sorry.
One could hope and dream though.

Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 10:11 AM #63 of 1567
Meteor smashes.... wasn't the community term spiking? Though atleast now we have an official term for it.

FELIPE NO
Missing that one music track:
Fire Fight - Mission X // Frostbite

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 12:09 PM #64 of 1567
Oh, no. They're similar in fashion, but different effects.

Meteor Smashes are recoverable after you're hit.
SmashWiki: Meteor Smash - SmashWiki

Example: Up+B fast enough to Yoshi's F-air or Falco's Side+B, you can recover.

Spikes on the other hand just send you straight down.
SmashWiki: Spike - SmashWiki

Example: Falco's D-air off the edge. Odds are, if you're 40% or above and you get knocked off the stage downwards, you're not coming back.

Speaking in Melee terms.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Chaotic; Feb 21, 2008 at 12:12 PM.
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 03:49 PM #65 of 1567
Oh lawd I'm so glad the random select options include eveything.
Imagine the tedium of flipping through the 3 pages of stages when you are unsure of which to go with and are too afraid to hit random because it might pull up one of your bullshit stages that is composed entirely of spikes in boxes. *breathe*

Ah learned something today. I always thought meteor was hitting someone down while they were in the air and a spike was hitting them down while they hung on the edge. Shows what I know. I wonder if Toon Link's down-air will still make the person burst into flames when done correctly.

Most amazing jew boots
Kagosin
Why don't you look at it.

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2008, 04:00 PM #66 of 1567
One could hope and dream though.
Though if they were to make a new game, the idea could still be in the back of his mind to implement it, as technology changes on.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 04:49 AM #67 of 1567
Today's Update: Captain Falcon

The pictures are wonderful.

The descriptions also:

Captain Falcon is all about legs. He used to be the fastest runner in the entire game... Way back when, that is...

Spoiler:

But there's just no outrunning this guy...

immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 05:03 AM #68 of 1567
I like the whole switch direction Falcon punch. I had that problem a lot, jumping into battle with a Falcon Punch only to overshoot my targets and get capped in the back. That wont be happening anymore.

Who cares about being outrun when you have Falcon PAAAUUUNCH!!! Manliest-man.

Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:30 AM Local time: Feb 22, 2008, 10:30 AM #69 of 1567
Falcon looks like he's about to have a hernia there.

Old Feb 22, 2008, 04:55 PM 1 #70 of 1567
I found a rather amusing review.

press the ACTION BUTTON!!

He makes a few good points. Good for a laugh. Take a look. =)

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 05:21 PM #71 of 1567

tl;dr

Actually I read the first paragraph or two...but with Brawl not even mentioned within them I gave up. Takes his sweet time getting to the reviewing. Smells of SDF.

FELIPE NO
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 06:48 PM #72 of 1567

That was a good, long read. And I agree, he makes a lot of valid points, some are a bit biased, but overall, good points.

Quote:
Most human beings, if they were living in a college dormitory the first and last time they played that game, got up and did the “rape-prevention” deadbolt. With the ending of Smash Bros. X, a deadbolt doesn’t feel like enough. The feeling that your mother walked into your room (impossibly, because you are now an adult who has his own house and your mother is dead) to find you masturbating with an exuberant grin while staring at a tray of paperclips will not slide off your epidermis until you’ve taken at least six showers.
Pure Gold.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Conan-the-3rd

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2008, 05:04 AM Local time: Feb 23, 2008, 11:04 AM #73 of 1567
tl;dr

Actually I read the first paragraph or two...but with Brawl not even mentioned within them I gave up. Takes his sweet time getting to the reviewing. Smells of SDF.
Yeah, it was a whole load of wavy finger to me.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2008, 07:13 AM Local time: Feb 23, 2008, 04:13 AM #74 of 1567
That review was completely beautiful in the sense that while, all in all, it gives a negative viewpoint of the game, it makes me want to buy the game even more.

It's like, look, you know you're indulging in this game, ok? To unhealthy levels, and if you don't know, you should. The way that article addresses the phenomenon that are mash ups and cross over of genres for characters and series is the main point. Yes, Mario and Sonic are duking it out. Sure, it is awesome that it actually came to a fully realized product. But you aren't just psyched, you are -religious- about it. It isn't the second coming. And not just you but millions of you. I think that's just fantastically put in the review Acer posted. And I am now very curious just how far over the top the single player experience in SSBB is. Like, I knew the concept was ridiculous in the first place, but now I'm coming to understand that it's presented as less silly; it takes itself seriously. Unintentional hilarity is also hilarity.

Now, where I'd have a differing of opinion with the guy is whether or not the play mechanics are worth anything in the first place. I know what I'm buying into here, it's Melee with a few new faces, a few tweaked returning characters (the amount returning characters tweaked is few, not the amount of returning characters), a superior graphical sheen, some minor changes to game mechanics that I'd probably never notice on my own, new stages/items/music, and online play. Yeah, that's worth it for someone who already loves the system of the game. It's fast paced, vast, customizable to the extreme with loads of personality, what's not to like? A new coat of paint (understatement) warrants a new installment in the series. Perhaps we'll need to see a significant evolving soon in the series if it's to continue, but this is the third game stretched across three different generations of consoles. Let's not act like Smash Bros is Dynasty Warriors.

I'd also have to say that it does matter that these characters are the fighters in this system. Mario and Ness and Captain Falcon have the moves, speed, and power that they have because of who the characters they are, established long beforehand. In a sense, you can make the comparison that matching an established character to a set of rules the way Smash Bros does with multiple franchises is akin to matching music to images. You do it right and the effect can be charming, and if that counts for nothing to you, you are soulless.

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2008, 03:15 PM #75 of 1567
I like the whole switch direction Falcon punch. I had that problem a lot, jumping into battle with a Falcon Punch only to overshoot my targets and get capped in the back. That wont be happening anymore.
Spoiler:
Might anyone know if the same is true for Ganondorf's Warlock Punch?

Also, has anyone noticed this? At first it sounds like it'd be really fun, but...when I read into the rules, I'm a bit skeptical. My major qualm is that I'm thinking people who've had JP copies of the game since its release are going to have a pretty big advantage. I would imagine most of the Round 1 people are just going to be adjusting from Melee to Brawl mechanics (whether it's with general gameplay, items, characters, stages, etc.) while those who have had the game are generally going to dominate because they already know how it all works. Or most of it, at least.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if when this all comes down to the 8 semifinalists that most (if not all) of them are going to be people who have had the game since its Japan release.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Ver. 214. Gobble Gobble Gobble, Slurp Slurp Slurp