Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion Thread

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 04:06 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 04:06 PM #101 of 723
That's fan-fucking-tastic. They delayed the game so they could make it compatible with a system that's not even out yet. What a poor business decision. They should've released the game back in November (or at the latest February) and then re-released it as a Player's Choice with the Revo compatibility included.

Most amazing jew boots

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Ronz
Good Chocobo

Member 240

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 04:21 PM #102 of 723
Originally Posted by SouthJag
That's fan-fucking-tastic. They delayed the game so they could make it compatible with a system that's not even out yet. What a poor business decision. They should've released the game back in November (or at the latest February) and then re-released it as a Player's Choice with the Revo compatibility included.
Yes very poor business decision because i'm sure a Zelda game isn't going to sell as well now since it has been delayed for a few months. Nope the ZELDA franchise is doomed.

SONY WOULDN'T HAVE MADE THIS MISTAKE AM I RITE SOUTHY?

They're adding in what has the potential to be a pretty awesome feature. I can wait. I'm sure most people can too.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 04:30 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 11:30 PM #103 of 723
I can't even begin to imagine the amount of whining and "Nintendo are cash-in whores!" calls it would generate if they made only the Player's Choice release Revolution compatible.

A whopping 12 of the loudest Nintendo haters on the internet - who still buy Nintendo games anyway because they can't pirate them easily enough - would throw their original release copies (pre-ordered cause it came with a nifty pin they can't wear in public though) on the floor in anger.

"First you expect me to buy four GBA SPs and link cables to play Crystal Chronicles and now you expect me to buy ANOTHER copy of a game I already own (and just broke) AND an entirely new console?! Well fuck you, Nintendo! You guys are over! And now you broke my Twilight Princess! IS NOTHING ENOUGH FOR YOU MOSNTERSSSSS?!"

FELIPE NO

StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 04:35 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 03:35 PM #104 of 723
On the contrary, I'm as chagrined as anyone over the delay (it could very well mean I don't get to play it for another two years, but that's a long story), but it's only being done because it's a good business decision. They've got a game that's pretty much guarenteed to sell like crazy, do they a) release it purely for itself on a console that's currently last in sales worldwide, or b) use it to plug their new console that they very much need to make a comeback with?

On another note, (and I know it's me partially wanting to believe this), but it's hard to believe that a company that creates more games, on average, than any other single company, would delay a nearly finished game for ~6-8 months solely to add some finishing touches and add a new input method. According to Nintendo, we still won't know everything that's supposedly "revolutionary" about the Revolution until E3 of this year, so hopefully it might take advantage of whatever that is.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Bless the Maker and His water. Bless the coming and the going of Him.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 05:13 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 05:13 PM #105 of 723
Twilight Princess will be the last GC title to draw any significant profit for the 'Cube, and yeah I think it's a bad decision to push it back for a full year after its original date.

So let's assume that TP actually came out this past September. Fast-forward to, let's say, a month after the Revo's launch. Don't you think Nintendo would have TP available to download from their online service by then?

At the very least, they could probably just make a patch or something to make it compatible. I still stand by my comment though that pushing Twilight Princess back an entire was bad enough, but doing so because Nintendo's making it controller-compatible with an unavailable system is retarded.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Reznor
Good Chocobo

Member 336

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 05:23 PM #106 of 723
Sorry.

They delayed a game to make it compatible with a FUCKING AMAZING PIECE OF ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT so you can MOVE YOUR HANDS/ARMS to SLASH THE SHIT OUT OF GANNON in the COMFORT OF YOUR OWN HOME. That's such a poor business decision.

So poor that you'll buy the game, admit it.

Sorry, fags aren't allowed in MY Warp Room. If you want to be a complete faggot, go back to Sony Scrape.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 05:30 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 02:30 PM #107 of 723
The direct quote is
Quote:
take advantage of the Revolution
This could mean anything, from using the Revo controller to having better graphics. Chill out, and look at the facts instead of pulling stuff out of your ass.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 06:05 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 12:05 AM #108 of 723
It is pretty annoying though, if true. Supposing it is...

Revolution controller functionality wouldn't be little side bonus; it would make playing TP on the Revolution the standard, because Gamecube TP is now TP-and-water. Now, that might not make a difference to you fellas for whom it is a given that each and every upcoming new console from your favourite development house will be winging its way to your bedrooms on launch day whatever the case; but for people like me, who just aren't interested in Next Generation for the sake of Next Generation, a full priced console seems a little OTT to buy as a peripheral just to be able to play a game - a game that was promised to this generation, the generation I willingly signed up for - to it's full potential. Know what I mean?

Sound business strategy maybe, but I can still call them a barrel a' bastards if I want.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 07:45 PM #109 of 723
i thought we had already decided that the game was never delayed since it never had an official release date. amazon and walmart and all the other shitty vendors basically posted a complete guess and everyone tried to hold nintendo to it.

for all you know, the game could be coming out this late for another reason entirely, and nintendo said "hey, as long as we have resources to do this, let's add revolution controller functionality into the game as well! that'd be nice." but then all you idiots basically yell at nintendo for doing so. great.

although, if they release two different versions of the game, i'll be mad, since revolution is perfectly capable of playing gamecube software and they could easily do it that way.

though when you play it in the revolution, it'd be nice to have it run at 60fps instead of the 30 i'll be the game runs at.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Grubdog
Custom User Title

Member 780

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 08:39 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 11:39 AM #110 of 723
This is fucking horrible news, way to ruin the last Zelda game of this type. I'm not buying a Rev anymore

Most amazing jew boots
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 09:14 PM #111 of 723
Yeah, free advertising for their new system is a really poor business decision. Who put you in charge of marketing? I say go for it. Nobody said that this was the reason for the delay, and nobody said it was a delay to begin with. Who knows, it could be a really kick ass feature.

I can't help but wonder if it's gameplay related how you will be able to control the game with the wand. Perhaps you move around with the nunchuck analog stick, then you hold down A or B to lock on to an enemy and wave the wand to slice and dice. Then you use the smaller a and b buttons to choose items and such.

Regardless, I look forward to this.

FELIPE NO
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 09:28 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 09:28 PM #112 of 723
Originally Posted by sprouticus
Yeah, free advertising for their new system is a really poor business decision. Who put you in charge of marketing? I say go for it. Nobody said that this was the reason for the delay, and nobody said it was a delay to begin with. Who knows, it could be a really kick ass feature.

I can't help but wonder if it's gameplay related how you will be able to control the game with the wand. Perhaps you move around with the nunchuck analog stick, then you hold down A or B to lock on to an enemy and wave the wand to slice and dice. Then you use the smaller a and b buttons to choose items and such.

Regardless, I look forward to this.
The delay was surely related to that. Almost no doubt.

But the question is: Does this make anyone who wants the game to say "Oh, November, NO WAI will I buy that!"

No. They'll still get it. Remember kids, Nintendo doesn't release it if they don't feel its a finished product. Let them improve it.

Grubdog
Custom User Title

Member 780

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 09:34 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 12:34 PM #113 of 723
Quote:
No. They'll still get it. Remember kids, Nintendo doesn't release it if they don't feel its a finished product.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 09:59 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 06:59 PM #114 of 723
Well now, while Wind Waker had some content cut, I'd consider it being far from incomplete. Whether you loved or hated the sailing, that was a solid game.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 10:09 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 09:09 PM #115 of 723
Originally Posted by StarmanDX
They've got a game that's pretty much guarenteed to sell like crazy, do they a) release it purely for itself on a console that's currently last in sales worldwide, or b) use it to plug their new console that they very much need to make a comeback with?
deffinetly a good point, but then it raises the question: why do they bother making it compatible with Gamecube at all? Last i heard, Revolution was set for release near the end of 2006. That translates to fall release, around the same time as TP. I realize that this will push Revos when the time comes, but making it compatible with Gamecube seems almost like they don't expect us to buy a Revo.

I'm not upset by the way off release date (well ok, maybe a little) just pointing this out.

StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 10:13 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 09:13 PM #116 of 723
Because it's a Gamecube game that's pretty much finished already. Updating a game from one system to a new one has historically always been difficult, and the finished product never seems quite right. Word is they're already working on a Revolution Zelda title, anyways. :unexpected:

Bless the Maker and His water. Bless the coming and the going of Him.

Last edited by StarmanDX; Mar 15, 2006 at 10:16 PM.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 10:14 PM #117 of 723
Originally Posted by Helloween
deffinetly a good point, but then it raises the question: why do they bother making it compatible with Gamecube at all? Last i heard, Revolution was set for release near the end of 2006. That translates to fall release, around the same time as TP. I realize that this will push Revos when the time comes, but making it compatible with Gamecube seems almost like they don't expect us to buy a Revo.

I'm not upset by the way off release date (well ok, maybe a little) just pointing this out.
Ehh, I see your point, but some people may just simply not be able to get a Revo right away, whether its because of money or because they're too young to buy things on their own, so they're leaving the option open.

Another reason they probably kept it like that is for skeptics who aren't quite sure they want to invest in one quite yet.

Grubdog
Custom User Title

Member 780

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 10:33 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 01:33 PM #118 of 723
Not to mention 1.5 million people have this game pre-ordered for Nintendo GameCube.
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G
Well now, while Wind Waker had some content cut, I'd consider it being far from incomplete. Whether you loved or hated the sailing, that was a solid game.
I liked the sailing, and the game, but even Nintendo themselves (Miyamoto or Aonuma, not sure) admitted Wind Waker wasn't up to standard after it was released, and they had cut two dungeons out of the game as well to meet the Dec 2002 (JPN) release date.

There's no point putting Revolution controls in this, unless it's substantially different to playing it on GC, and in that case it should be a whole new game. The only reason they are doing it is to whore the GC fans who have been anticipating this for 4 years on to their new system. Pure greed.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:38 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 12:38 PM #119 of 723
They're doing it to help sell the Revolution you impatient, weak dog!

FELIPE NO
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:53 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 05:53 PM #120 of 723
Like this wasn't expected. Of course they're going to want people to buy the Revolution, and they're going to want Gamecube owners to buy it too. If you've been waiting for Twilight Princess, now you need to fork out for a Revolution as well.

It would be nice to see a real Zelda game on the GC(Wind Waker is reasonable, but I don't think it counts, and remakes of N64 games with no added content definitely don't) but it really isn't going to happen.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:07 AM #121 of 723
You don't NEED to fork out for the Revo to play the game, that's the point. It's just a bonus feature.

How ya doing, buddy?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:23 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 12:23 AM #122 of 723
Originally Posted by Grubdog
There's no point putting Revolution controls in this, unless it's substantially different to playing it on GC, and in that case it should be a whole new game.
Through all my ranting, that's exactly the point I wanted to make. If it's being developed for the Gamecube, pushed for the Gamecube and sold on the Gamecube, why take this highly anticipated game away from fans for an entire year to, among other minor things, add controller compatibility for a system that's not even available yet?

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:27 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 06:27 PM #123 of 723
Originally Posted by sprouticus
You don't NEED to fork out for the Revo to play the game, that's the point. It's just a bonus feature.
Yeah, but it's been delayed for it. They shouldn't have to delay a game just to add some special features.

They'll probably release a second version for the Rev.

Reznor
Good Chocobo

Member 336

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:35 AM #124 of 723
Originally Posted by Elixir
and remakes of N64 games with no added content

What are you talking 'bout?

Double Post:
http://www.cubed3.com/news/4755

"I would say that we are progressing well with completing it," ... "And one of the most important features is that, because Revolution can run GameCube software, when you play Twilight Princess on Revolution you can take advantage of the Revolution controller."

Last edited by Reznor; Mar 16, 2006 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Automerged double post.
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:39 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 09:39 PM #125 of 723
IGN's quote is different from the one you posted.

I'm gonna go with IGN on this, kthnx.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion Thread