Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion Thread

Knox
The one and only

Member 1878

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 02:44 PM #51 of 723
Originally Posted by Infernal Monkey

Words.

oke:

Woah......I hope that the graphics will be even better whenever it comes out...

Sincerly,
Knox

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Watch the milk dance
DANCE I SAY!

Last edited by Knox; Mar 5, 2006 at 02:49 PM.
RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 02:55 PM #52 of 723

there's a better one, in terms of quality

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Prime Blue
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1319

Level 20.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:23 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:23 AM #53 of 723
I just hope that they improved the graphics drastically since these shots here look like shit.

Unless they're going to release the game for N64 I won't tolerate that.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Prime Blue; Jul 12, 2006 at 09:40 AM.
Reznor
Good Chocobo

Member 336

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:26 PM #54 of 723
Originally Posted by Prime Blue
I just hope that they improved the graphics drastically since these shots here.

Unless they're going to release the game for N64 I won't tolerate that.
There's a certain tradeoff with games.

You can have a short game with amazing graphics.
You can have an amazing game with shitty graphics.
You can have an amazing game with amazing graphics with an amazing 5 discs and amazingly long loading times.

The choice is yours, my friend.

I however, would enjoy those graphics, and would pick option #2.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:36 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:36 PM #55 of 723
Why does Link now look like a queer. Seriously, they managed to make adult Link look fine in Ocarina of Time, but this is just weak.

So, has there been any official release date on this yet? Will it be compatible with the revolution? I can't find squat in terms of what the hell is going on with this game, except for that it's been delayed yet again, and there's a rumour of it being released on the same day as the Revolution.

FELIPE NO
KnowsNothing
BANANA PHOOOONE

Member 229

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:51 PM #56 of 723
Those two city shots are pretty lame looking, but there are two things to keep in mind here: 1) they could be using these extra delays to fix that, or 2) the city is supposed to look like that.

Given other screens from this game and other games on the cube, I don't see why the city would look like that unless it was intentional. The only reason they would reduce the draw-distance by adding fog is if the cube didn't have the proper hardware (enough RAM, I would assume) for an area that large, but the cube has pulled off much larger areas with no fog before. Reducing draw distance has nothing to do with the size of the game, only the size of the visible area, so either that city is going to get improved or it's intentional.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:33 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:33 PM #57 of 723
I always thought that the fog was to give more power in processing the number of people on one screen! Against OoT, TP's town looks more lively and I'd prefer the fog rather than a pre-rendered screen ala Hyrule Town on the 64.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
KnowsNothing
BANANA PHOOOONE

Member 229

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:59 PM #58 of 723
Actually I sorta missed the person thing. I figured that they'd be like OoT and just kind of stand there dancing or walk in circles which shouldn't tax the system, but I suppose if that many people were actually DOING something it'd use a lot of processing power.

Still though, that amount of fog is extreme, I stand by what I said before: eithe rit's goign to be fixed, or it's intentional.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:22 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 09:22 PM #59 of 723
I'm pleased to announce there is a new breed of Nintendo fans:

Those who have been corrupted by the new craze for graphics graphics graphics and more graphics.

How about talking about the videos or interviews regarding the reliability of the horse? Perhaps the boss difficulties?

Would anyone like to remember that these aspects are what matters in a game?

Gameplay

Ask anyone who liked Wind Waker. They praised the actual aspects of gameplay not bitched about the cell-shading.

WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:25 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 08:25 PM #60 of 723
Originally Posted by Lukage

Those who have been corrupted by the new craze for graphics graphics graphics and more graphics.

How about talking about the videos or interviews regarding the reliability of the horse? Perhaps the boss difficulties?

Gameplay

Ask anyone who liked Wind Waker. They praised the actual aspects of gameplay not bitched about the cell-shading.
Off-topic and has little to do with your post, but I thought Wind Waker was a sexy looking game, and I don't even like Zelda.

- WraithTwo -

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:56 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 09:56 PM #61 of 723
Originally Posted by WraithTwo
Off-topic and has little to do with your post, but I thought Wind Waker was a sexy looking game, and I don't even like Zelda.

- WraithTwo -
Ehh, still on topic of Zelda in relation to people complaining about the graphics. The looks of the games as far as "being cool" are in the eyes of the beholder. Maybe kids are just spoiled, but most adults are impressed with any modern game.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Grubdog
Custom User Title

Member 780

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:48 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:48 PM #62 of 723
Those two screenshots on this page are my favourite ones from this game so far. I just get a really cool vibe from them

As far as the technical aspects are concerned, there's a crap load of people in those screens, but I think they showed those along with the delay to show they still need to clean a lot of things up, like that guy clipping against that piece of wood and those horrible trees.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:51 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 10:51 PM #63 of 723
Did it occur to anyone that the fog might be part of the story? Perhaps early on in the game there's a spell on the town or whatever to make it foggy all the time. My guess, beating the local temple will clear it right up.

Or heck, maybe they are skimping on environment, i dunno, just a thought.

FELIPE NO
Watcher
Carob Nut

Member 1098

Level 4.31

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:52 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 02:22 PM #64 of 723
Originally Posted by Prime Blue
That scene looks like the street scene in FF9.

I do hope it comes out sooner rather than later.

watkinzez
Chocobo

Member 1040

Level 10.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:53 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 04:53 PM #65 of 723
So, does anyone remember that bit about a different camera angle in the dungeons info released May 04? This article mainly. I sure haven't seen it used in any videos released so far, not sure if they dropped it. Wasn't too big a fan of that decision anyway, I'd prefer the dungeons to be more atmospheric.

Most amazing jew boots
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:15 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 04:45 PM #66 of 723
Could it be dust? I don't wouldn't think much of it being brown fog.

Grubdog
Custom User Title

Member 780

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:42 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 04:42 PM #67 of 723
Originally Posted by Helloween
Did it occur to anyone that the fog might be part of the story? Perhaps early on in the game there's a spell on the town or whatever to make it foggy all the time. My guess, beating the local temple will clear it right up.

Or heck, maybe they are skimping on environment, i dunno, just a thought.
It could be that the town is about to be engulfed in Twilight, and the effects are already starting, the people look like they could be packing up and getting ready to get out of the town.

Most amazing jew boots
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:47 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:47 AM #68 of 723
Originally Posted by Grubdog
It could be that the town is about to be engulfed in Twilight, and the effects are already starting, the people look like they could be packing up and getting ready to get out of the town.
NO WAI!

That's far too logical. You've gotta either be for or against the game by these standards! GRAPIX or GAMEPLAI?!

NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 04:17 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 07:47 PM #69 of 723
NO WAI!

That's far too logical. You've gotta either be for or against the game by these standards! GRAPIX or GAMEPLAI?!
Funny stuff written here, with the intentional spelling mistakes and all. Although did you really mean "GRAPIX" or possibly "GRAFIX". Unless your intention was to mean "GRATE PIX" instead of "GRAPHICS".

Regardless of what you meant to say, funny stuff.

Most amazing jew boots
KnowsNothing
BANANA PHOOOONE

Member 229

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 07:12 AM #70 of 723
Quote:
That's what I meant when I said it could be "intentional." It was actually the first thing that came into my mind.

Most amazing jew boots
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:07 PM #71 of 723
Ya, could just be a really dusty dry town.

Whats with the big grey doods...they look kinda like moblins @_o

FELIPE NO
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:37 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:37 PM #72 of 723
Originally Posted by KnowsNothing
That's what I meant when I said it could be "intentional." It was actually the first thing that came into my mind.
I thought maybe that's what you meant, but then i thought maybe you could have meant intentional for the sake of saving money on development costs.

Also, i said that for all the people who were thinking the developers just got lazy.

This town looks huge. I would really love it if there was a truley huge city in which we could wander around, and whatnot. Maybe something that will never actually be totally exposed until the end of the game. If there were like three or four cities like this, i can't even begin to imagine how happy i would be.

My money's on one of the temples being inside/under the town al a temple 7 LttP/The Well OoT.

RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:44 PM #73 of 723
more images!

personally, i think the game looks fine. it's not like most of us are going to be seeing it through a super-clear hdtv anyway.

really, even if it looked awful graphically, i'd probably still buy it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by RushJet1; Mar 6, 2006 at 02:46 PM.
Prime Blue
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1319

Level 20.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 03:15 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:15 PM #74 of 723
Originally Posted by Reznor
You can have a short game with amazing graphics.
You can have an amazing game with shitty graphics.
You can have an amazing game with amazing graphics with an amazing 5 discs and amazingly long loading times.
You forgot the fourth option - amazing game with amazing graphics on one disc without long loading times, as seen in "Metroid Prime".

Disc space has virtually nothing to do with graphics unless you're talking about FMVs or prerendered backgrounds. But as we know Nintendo with their real-time cutscene politics there won't be any movies ("The Wind Waker" had two - the demo video and the epilogue with staff roll, but both are no real FMVs because they were just recorded ingame graphic scenes) and at most a few prerendered BGs ("Ocarina of Time" had 35 static and something like two dozen 360° prer. BGs, "Majora's Mask" and "The Wind Waker" had none). I don't really care if they use prerendered backgrounds or real-time graphics as long as it looks amazing and the controls are good. Look at Baten Kaitos: Prerendered backgrounds in 640x480, still beautiful.

Gameplay

Actually I hated some aspects of Wind Waker's gameplay (the tedious sailing, treasure hunting in general, looking for the Triforce pieces, the easy boss battles) yet absolutely loved all of its graphics. Graphics are not about realism - the main target should be perfection. OoT and MM had some of the finest graphics on the N64 because it brought the hardware to the limit, same with "The Wind Waker" (ever played the dungeon on Dragon Roost Island? You'll know what I mean, then). I just don't want TP to look like a buggy first-generation GCN game. I want Nintendo to create top-notch graphics for their last big GCN title and use more than 10 polygones inside a city.

Last edited by Prime Blue; Mar 6, 2006 at 03:25 PM.
majario
Arin=Sexy+Magic=Super Pangya!

Member 140

Level 21.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 05:47 PM #75 of 723
Another long wait for a game that I need to have now. I guess I'll just have to be patient. Whether it comes out as Revolution title or GameCube title doesn't matter with me. I'll get the game in a flash no matter what.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion Thread