Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Fan Noise. Annoyingly loud, ain't it?

Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 03:39 PM #51 of 836
Game journalism is worthless. So is the rumble the same or not. Obviously it can't be, since it uses seperate motors.

I'd just call it the Axis Shock.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 03:52 PM #52 of 836
I think that was supposed to be sarcasim because the original DualShock also used seperate motors if you look at one of thoes see through ones. It's just now games instead of using the left for strong vibrations and the right for light, the new one just simply controls the RPMs per each individual motor, instead of simple on/off like in the DS2.

But yeah, when it comes to anything other then quotes, journalism is useless.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:34 AM #53 of 836
Did anyone check out the trailers for Monogotari and Little Big Planet? I checked them out earlier and they look pretty sick. No need to look around since I uploaded them for you .

Little Big Planet+Shirokishi Monogotari TGS 2K7

Most amazing jew boots
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2007, 04:48 PM #54 of 836
Apparently the PSN update is up. So what's new on the network? I know the Jerhico Demo is up, reported by Joystiq. But what else is new? I'm at work right now so I can't find out for myself.

Most amazing jew boots
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2007, 05:26 PM #55 of 836
Apparently the PSN update is up. So what's new on the network? I know the Jerhico Demo is up, reported by Joystiq. But what else is new? I'm at work right now so I can't find out for myself.
Adding to that my friend is

Add-ons - Motostorm and Ninja Gaiden
Demo - Cliver Barker's Jericho and NBA2K8
Video - EOJ Overview
Trailer - We Own the Night, Guitar Hero 3, Iron Man Teaser

I will be checking out Jericho and NBA2K8...Guitar Hero 3 looks awesome i guess.Still, no word on SF2HDREMIX. what a load of bull. Same goes for KOF12. I heard some shit about that game.

FELIPE NO
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2007, 06:20 PM #56 of 836
KoF XII was just announced at TGS and SNK pratically never has promo stuff for their games until they've gone gold usually. I was actually surprised that Metal Slug 7 was even at TGS.

But no MGS content eh? That sucks.

What happened to thoes updates of sprites and other artwork we'd get from time to time on SF2TurboRemix? Last thing I saw was Balrog's stage.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Slayer X; Sep 27, 2007 at 06:23 PM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2007, 07:31 PM #57 of 836
blah. SNK knows very damn well that we didn't want to see a rehashed KOF98. To see a lousy ass poster is what makes me irritated. We're already at the end of september. Capcom is another ball-busting company that don't know when they want to release a game to the states. We wont see SFHD2 for a while >.>..

As for the demos..I'll be sure to get NBA2K8. Looks fun but why does the b-ball demos have to be cavs and spurs... =/. The Jericho demo was kind of interesting. I went through my first play on it and it looks like an ok game.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2007, 12:01 AM #58 of 836
Holy Shit! (Unreal Announcer)

Speak of the devil, SF2TurboRemix UPDATE!

- Post details: Flying Dictators and their Clones (New Art Inside!!!!)

Quote:
It was my plan to show some screenshots today, but PR unfortunately canned that idea and our PR girl is not one to be messed with =P. We have an event coming up and PR wants to hold off the “big stuff” until then. But, the event is fairly soon, so I hope you guys can wait just a little longer. That being said, I didn’t want to do this update empty-handed.

Quote:
And here’s Bison in mid-Psycho Crusher. I would like to note that the Bison shot is a work in progress.

You’ll notice a blur effect going on. We’re still determining on whether or not it will stay. We’re working on it, but we’re not sure how well it’s going to work with the pallet swapping tech we’re using.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Slayer X; Sep 28, 2007 at 12:06 AM.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2007, 10:48 AM #59 of 836
Well after some weeks of speculation and rumours SCEE just announced the 40GB PS3 and pricedrop starting at 299GBP and 349GBP for the 60GB that'll come into effect in the UK and Europe October 10th. The downside is that the 40GB unit doesn't have backwards compatibility with PS2 titles as well as only 2 USB ports instead of 4 and no multi-memory card slot:
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe - Virtual Press Office
Quote:
EMBARGOED until 05/10/2007 16:30
New PLAYSTATION®3 Model to Take Holiday Season by Storm

Aggressively priced hardware and a terrific software line-up make for an unbeatable combination
New 40GB PS3 at €399

London, 5 October 2007 – Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced details of its exciting new PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) model that will launch throughout the SCEE territories on 10th October 2007 at the highly attractive price of €399.

Providing an incredibly appealing entry point to the world of High Definition gaming and entertainment for the holiday season, the new PS3 brings the next generation of interactive home entertainment to homes all across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Australasia.

Along with an ever expanding line-up of PS3 titles (a total of 65 titles tracking across all genres by Christmas), the new PS3 is equipped with a 40GB HDD and includes all the features central to the High Definition entertainment experience; true next generation gameplay, stunning High Definition Blu-ray Disc™ movies, SIXAXIS™ wireless controller, Wi-Fi and HDMI connectivity, all powered by the Cell Broadband Engine™, the digital heart of PS3.

As with the 60GB PS3, the new PS3 features upgradeable firmware allowing new features and functionality to be added to the system as time progresses. A recent firmware update, for example, enabled PS3 to upscale DVD’s played on the system to full 1080P High Definition.

The introduction of the new PS3 has been determined following user feedback from thousands of existing PS3 owners as well as research into future potential PS3 owners. The new model features two USB 2.0 ports rather than four and no longer includes the multi memory card port.

The new model is no longer backwards compatible with PlayStation®2 titles, reflecting both the reduced emphasis placed on this feature amongst later purchasers of PS3, as well as the availability of a more extensive line-up of PS3 specific titles (a total of 65 titles across all genres by Christmas).

The existing Starter Pack*, comprising a 60GB PS3 with extensive backwards compatibility, an additional SIXAXIS wireless controller and two first party titles will be reduced in price to €499. Remaining on sale while stocks last, the 60GB model represents outstanding value for the keen gamer wishing to upgrade to the High Definition capabilities of PS3.

“The introduction of the new PS3 has been the result of extensive research into the entertainment needs and preferences of the next generation of PS3 owners,” said David Reeves, President of SCEE. “It has allowed us to deliver an extremely advanced, yet incredibly affordable High Definition gaming and entertainment system, configured to the needs of the next generation of European PS3 owners. PS3 has always been the device of choice for the discerning gamer and entertainment seeker, and the new PS3 is more than ever the perfect High Definition entertainment system.

*In the UK and Ireland, the Starter Pack will be replaced by a separate in-store promotion on the 60GB PS3.

- ENDS -

Notes to Editors:

PLAYSTATION®3 40GB Specification
Product name PLAYSTATION®3
CPU Cell Broadband Engine™ Processor
GPU RSX™
Sound Dolby 5.1ch, DTS 5.1ch , LPCM 7.1ch, AAC,
others *1 *2
Memory 256MB XDR Main RAM, 256MB GDDR3 VRAM
HDD 2.5” Serial ATA 40GB
I/O USB 2.0 x2
Communication Ethernet x1 (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX,
1000BASE-T)
IEEE 802.11 b/g Included
Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR) Included
Wireless controller (Bluetooth) Included
AV Output
Screen size 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI OUT x1 *3
AV MULTI OUT x1
DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x1
BD/DVD/CD Drive
(Read Only) Maximum Read Speed BD 2x (BD-ROM)
DVD 8x (DVD-ROM)
CD 24x (CD-ROM)
Dimensions Approximately 325mm (W) x 98mm (H) x 274mm (D)
Weight Approximately 5 kg

See chart on attached PDF version of press release

*1 A device compatible with Linear PCM 7.1 Ch. is required to output 7.1 Ch. audio, supported by Dolby TrueHD or a similar format, from the HDMI OUT connector.
*2 This system does not support output from the DTS-HD 7.1 Ch. DTS-HD 7.1 Ch. audio is output from a 5.1 or lower channel.
*3 "Deep Color" and "x.v.Color (xvYCC)" defined by HDMI ver1.3a are supported.

For further information please contact:

Nick Sharples (nick_sharples@scee.net) or Nick Caplin (nick_caplin@scee.net)
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd
Tel: + 44 207 859 5301(5349) Fax: + 44 207 859 5036
Images of the new PS3 are available on the SCEE Virtual press Office at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe - Virtual Press Office
I think the US is supposed to be getting the same kind of deal with the 40GB unit and a $100 pricedrop at the end of the month with the rumoured 3 starter packs including the "Movie" pack to tie in Spider-Man 3's release on Blu-Ray.

I suppose this just means I'll need to get a 60gig unit as fast as possible.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Simo; Oct 5, 2007 at 10:50 AM.
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2007, 10:59 AM #60 of 836
Can someone explain the logic of dropping the BC ability when it's done by software nowadays anyway?

Also does anyone know what thoes prices would be in USD or CAD?

Most amazing jew boots
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2007, 11:09 AM Local time: Oct 5, 2007, 10:09 AM #61 of 836
The prices are hard to convert, since they aren't simple conversions. There's always a premium when buying it elsewhere, but being Canadian I'm sure you know that.

Hopefully the 40 is 400 or 450 bucks or something. Instant (re)sold in that case, but I doubt it. 500, maybe? I dunno. I won't bother guessing, as we'll hear something shortly, I'm sure.

Seconding the "arg why remove software BC now too", though. That just flat out doesn't make sense. Buying a second hand 20 confirmed?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 11:18 AM #62 of 836
Sony had to screw up somewhere to keep their failure points up I suppose.

It really isn't that hard. Put in 80 gigs, 100% BC, wifi, media ports, 2 Duel Shock 3 controllers, some retarded Blu-ray movie throwaway, composite cables, component cables, an hdmi cable, the usual crap plus the system, and sell it for $400-$500. People will be willing to buy that. If that was out right now even I'd buy that if not just for keeping around for the eventual Team Ico game.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2007, 11:18 AM #63 of 836
so they are basically doing a core package like the 360 with the 40gb, which mean totally useless >.>(well maybe not as much)

FELIPE NO
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2007, 11:20 AM Local time: Oct 5, 2007, 10:20 AM #64 of 836
Not really. To be as useless as the core, it would have to be without a hard drive and lack bluetooth.

This one isn't entirely useless.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2007, 11:29 AM #65 of 836
@Acer
They do have that for $550CAD. What's your point. (Well no Dual Shock 3 obviously, like it matters)

As for the system. All the press have been saying that Sony should have made a system for gaming and not multimedia. Well here's the system, so the had better STFU now. Or else...

Old Oct 5, 2007, 11:51 AM #66 of 836
How does taking out backwards compatibility factor into making it a better gaming machine? They still need Blu-ray for the games so disabling it from playing Blu-ray movies wouldn't save them much money at all. I heard they cut 2 USB ports. Holy fuck I didn't know USB cost that much. You can still access USB flash storage for multimedia purposes that way I suppose which is fine by me considering all flash cards besides SD are pretty worthless unless you're forced to use Sony's for the PSP. Cutting out wifi would just make it inconvenient and seriously even the DS has wifi (looking at you too 360 what is up with that?). 40 gb it's fine. Hell even 20 gb is fine as long as it has a harddrive. I don't know about you but I want to get my money's worth and a complete system. I'm not going to rebuy controllers just because they lack rumble so I'm just not going to buy the system until it's finally complete. By then it'll have those good 2008 games I hear so much about.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2007, 12:02 PM Local time: Oct 5, 2007, 11:02 AM #67 of 836
"Gotta take away that backwards compatibility now that we have over 65 PS3 titles available! That's almost as many as the THOUSANDS of titles available on PS2 right? So who would even want backwards compatibility anymore?"

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2007, 12:19 PM #68 of 836
I don't know ask Microsoft. They killed BC when the console only had 20 games, so they should know the logic.

@Acer
Things arn't always as easy as people make them out to be. Sometimes by replacing 1 item it changes a feature. For example I'm sure that they didn't eliminate WiFi and 2 USB ports to make it cheaper.

I'm sure what they did was go down to a simpler propriatary Motherboard that is $100 less and simply has 2 USB ports and no built on WiFi. Also the PS3's WiFi is shit anyway, you're better off without it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Oct 5, 2007, 12:21 PM Local time: Oct 5, 2007, 07:21 PM #69 of 836
Hopefully the 40 is 400 or 450 bucks or something. Instant (re)sold in that case, but I doubt it. 500, maybe? I dunno. I won't bother guessing, as we'll hear something shortly, I'm sure.
Um, the 60 GB version already costs 500 dollars, why would the 40 GB one with removed backward compatiblity and USB ports cost the same amount. Of course it will be 400$.

I personally don't care about backward compatiblity much, but they shouldn't have removed it. 400$ PS3 in North America would've been great news, but this gives people something to complain about again.

Most amazing jew boots
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2007, 12:41 PM Local time: Oct 5, 2007, 11:41 AM #70 of 836
I don't know ask Microsoft. They killed BC when the console only had 20 games, so they should know the logic.
So if I go home, turn on my Elite, put Knights of the Old Republic in, it will not allow me to play it? Uh guy, there is a difference between no longer putting out BC updates {or rarely doing so}, and lacking the ability altogether.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2007, 01:18 PM Local time: Oct 5, 2007, 11:18 AM #71 of 836
What in the hell is sony thinking? Are they just on drugs or something or are they intentionally TRYING to lose customers

FELIPE NO
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2007, 02:27 PM #72 of 836
What in the hell is sony thinking? Are they just on drugs or something or are they intentionally TRYING to lose customers
Basically. In an effort to make their console more attractive, they axe one of the few things that got people to at least consider the machine. This decision just seems to be the latest in a long line of choices where they on the right track, but just sabotage things.

How ya doing, buddy?

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Oct 5, 2007 at 03:58 PM.
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2007, 03:14 PM Local time: Oct 5, 2007, 01:14 PM #73 of 836
So.. what the hell was the damn point of all that upscaling they added not too long ago if they just go and remove backwards compatibility?

Sounds like a nice waste of time, money, and energy.

Stuff goes here~
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2007, 03:53 PM #74 of 836
This is probably the only time I am glad I bought a console at launch and can just ignore all this ridiculous bullshit going on in the background. Who would have figured they would have got it best the first time around and then continuously fucked it up as they tried to "make it better"?

Romhacking.net PSN: Kyuuen XBL: Kyuuen
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2007, 04:23 PM Local time: Oct 5, 2007, 02:23 PM #75 of 836
Basically. In an effort to make their console more attractive, they axe one of the few things that got people to at least consider the machine. This decision just seems to be the latest in a long line of choices where they on the right track, but just sabotage things.
Well, it seems like sony is walking backwards in trying to make their console more attractive.

The first thing they should axe is the price. I mean seriously. PS3 has no good games that justify buying the console. At least with the PS2 MGS2 was set to come out what...3 months after launch i think?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Fan Noise. Annoyingly loud, ain't it?