Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Halo Kitty

Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:29 AM #26 of 748
Originally Posted by Megalith
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/699/699411p1.html

You can merge this with TubeRacer's thread if you wish.

Finally, I can play the real HALO 2.
What was wrong with Halo 2?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:37 AM #27 of 748
Originally Posted by Winter Storm
It's lack of any actual planning.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Yillb
Syklis Green

Member 145

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 12:42 PM #28 of 748
Originally Posted by Winter Storm
The ending maybe?

Okay so at E3 we will see, right? Of course it may not actually be Halo 3; no saving the Earth this time either.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 12:56 PM #29 of 748
I'll believe this when it's officially announced. I don't trust this so called source. I'm waiting for the E3 announcement.

I was speaking idiomatically.

LivingDreams
Chocobo

Member 520

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 12:57 PM 1 #30 of 748
I'm pretty sure that there will be secret unlockable characters in this game. Now Ayane, Kasumi, Ryu and that other guy dont know his name, will join hands and fight against the evil aliens using their ninja skills...

How ya doing, buddy?
Solis
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 559

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:31 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 01:31 PM #31 of 748
Originally Posted by Merv Burger
It's lack of any actual planning.
Originally Posted by Yillb
The ending maybe?
What I find funny is that I can't think of an FPS in recent memory that didn't have these problems.

Most amazing jew boots
Stealth
Indigo 1

Member 207

Level 22.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:55 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 12:55 PM #32 of 748
You're not thinking hard enough.

How ya doing, buddy?

David Deluxe
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 1181

Level 19.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 02:12 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 09:12 PM #33 of 748
Geez, if you ask me, Halo 2 wasn't as bad as many people say. While it didn't fulfill the enormous expectations, playing the game itself resulted in having lots of fun. Although I probably won't have a XBox 360 until the end of 2007, I'm still looking forward to Halo 3 and I hope that they will put more effort into making it. Dream on, David.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

[SCHWARZE 4 - Sepp Bonhof]
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 02:47 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 09:47 PM #34 of 748
The problem is, everybody knew that Halo was a solid piece of gaming and without Bungie and Microsoft hyping the crap out of Halo 2 ("best game ever"), the sequel would never have turned out to be the disappointment that was for so many fans and gamers.

If you ask me, I don't like the Halo franchise. It was good for a game, but building up on a fundamentally shallow universe like Halo's isn't going to turn out more than average sequels. Time to move on, Bungie.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
silvervalkyrie
This is Love

Member 3464

Level 11.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 03:48 PM #35 of 748
I disagree. Bungie made on of the most beloved trilogies on Mac; the Marathon series. Halo's universe may be "shallow" in your opinion but it doesn't have the potential to be quite rich; Star Wars has a "shallow" universe too but it's 3 movies are considered classics (ignore the newer movies and the soon-to-be TV series).

I agree with David that Halo 2 wasn't that bad - it just wasn't what people were expecting. Ironic, gamers bitch about storylines being too generic and unimaginitive but the second they get that "out of left field" storyline they get bent out of shape because that's "not how it was supposed to be."

Most amazing jew boots
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:23 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 05:23 PM #36 of 748
Originally Posted by JasonTerminator
"Should I go for the PS3, with all crap games, or Xbox 360, with Halo 3?"
Last I checked Sony still has all the best exclusive franchises: MGS, Ace Combat, Gran Turismo, God of War, Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, SOCOM, Kingdom Hearts, Ico, Ratchet and Jak, Katamari, ect. And who's to say that Sony's launch lineup is going to be crap? And I'm sure MGS4 will be getting just as much hype as Halo 3. Anyone trying to choose between 360 and PS3 this winter that is ignorant to all these games might as well just get a Revolution. It's made for non-gamers anyway.

How ya doing, buddy?

[ MOBIUS ]
DSan
Banned

Member 2018

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:34 PM #37 of 748
@ Mobius: Final Fantasy is no longer a Sony exclusive buddy. It'll be coming out on the Xbox 360.

DSan
Banned

Member 2018

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:40 PM #38 of 748
I take it you really suck at the game and that's why you hate it so much? I loved the Battle Rifle (although I would trade it for the Assult Rifle [H1] anyday).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Tube
Modenator

Member 88

Level 16.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 05:01 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 04:01 PM #39 of 748
Of course, you certainly cannot dislike a game you are good at.

Most amazing jew boots

Fleshy Fun-Bridge
Hi there!

Member 907

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 05:29 PM #40 of 748
Originally Posted by silvervalkyrie
I disagree. Bungie made on of the most beloved trilogies on Mac; the Marathon series. Halo's universe may be "shallow" in your opinion but it doesn't have the potential to be quite rich; Star Wars has a "shallow" universe too but it's 3 movies are considered classics (ignore the newer movies and the soon-to-be TV series).

I agree with David that Halo 2 wasn't that bad - it just wasn't what people were expecting. Ironic, gamers bitch about storylines being too generic and unimaginitive but the second they get that "out of left field" storyline they get bent out of shape because that's "not how it was supposed to be."
Technically, Marathon wasn't an 'in-house' trilogy. Bungie did the first two (Marathon 1 and Marathon 2), but the scenario for infinity was done by Double Aught.

Same deal with Myth: The Fallen Lords. 1 and 2 were done in-house, while the 3rd was picked up by a 3rd party.

But those are all nit-picking crap.

Yes, Bungie did make the Marathon series whose backstory spawned in incredible following. However, many of the brains behind that game and its story no longer work for Bungie. Greg Krikpatrick, who wrote the story for the original Marathon and who founded Double Aught--the creator's of Marathon Infinity's single player scenario, is long gone. Alexander Seriopian left to found Wide Load software picking up Matt Soell. Doug Zartman works in Microsoft's PR dept. somewhere. I think Jason Jones and Robert McLees are really the only two from the old Marathon days who still work at Bungie.

So I really wouldn't put too much faith in spinning the Halo story into anything like what evolved out of Marathon.

Most amazing jew boots
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 05:30 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 04:30 PM #41 of 748
This is weird. I suck at some games but still enjoy them. And I am awesome at some games and dislike them. I hypothesize that this kid is dumb and probably makes mean spirited comments to both teammates and enemies alike while playing Halo2 on cheaterLive.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Solis
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 559

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 05:44 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 05:44 PM #42 of 748
Originally Posted by Stealth
You're not thinking hard enough.
Name some.

Most amazing jew boots
kainlightwind
Good Chocobo

Member 120

Level 17.77

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 05:46 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 04:46 PM #43 of 748
Originally Posted by DSan
@ Mobius: Final Fantasy is no longer a Sony exclusive buddy. It'll be coming out on the Xbox 360.
As the name implies, 360 is getting XI (sad), Nintendo with their Cystal Chronicals, and PS3 with FF series in itself. Square Enix has been rather quiet and they do plan on a huge annoucement at E3. Time will tell though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 05:49 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 12:49 AM #44 of 748
Originally Posted by DSan
Final Fantasy is no longer a Sony exclusive buddy. It'll be coming out on the Xbox 360.
Way to forget about Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Crystal Chronicles and various PC conversions. And a four year old MMORPG is nothing special, really.

I'm willing to bet that the traditional Final Fantasy RPGs will remain Sony-exclusive for a considerable amount of time.

EDIT: Too late ... -__-

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 06:47 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 12:47 PM #45 of 748
Originally Posted by Yillb
The ending maybe?

Okay so at E3 we will see, right? Of course it may not actually be Halo 3; no saving the Earth this time either.
More like the beginning until then.

I enjoy Halo 1, hell, I'm one of those rare breeds who play with Southpaw, but I don't take the game seriously. More times than often I'll just use ridiculous moon jumping cheats and such exploits which make it so much more fun. Halo 2 didn't interest me in the slightest, it just looked like a souped up Halo 1 with no actual added content. Best game ever? My ass.

Halo2sucks.com exists for a reason.

LivingDreams
Chocobo

Member 520

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 09:25 PM #46 of 748
Originally Posted by Devo
Are you guys kidding me?

I had this attitude at first, then I started playing Halo 2 more and more. It's really a disappointment. Why? (shit so many reasons I'll list a few)

Reason 1:
Halo 1: had supreme weapons balance, you could kill someone with any weapon in the game regardless of what weapons they had. Hell you spawn with the best weapon (the pistol) which can actually take out banshees, ghosts and put pressure on snipers.

Halo 2: no real weapons balance, if the other team has power weapons and it's not MLG settings (i.e. spawning with a BR) you're pretty much screwed the rest of the game.

Reason 2:
This has to do with reason 1, since spawning is super predictable and you're spawned with an SMG (human maps) or Plasma (covenant maps), there is little to nothing you can do if the other team has secured snipes, noob combo and rockets.

Reason 3:
In campaign mode I don't know if you noticed but there are several times when enemies literally appear out of nowhere.

Examples:
(1) Outskirts they come out of a blocked off alley way and there is NO ship to place them there.
(2) Gravemind you travel through a door to a grav lift and literally jackals and grunts just "appear."

Reason 4:
Master Chief's throwing of nades, nuff said.
Same reasons for me why I think Halo 2 isnt that great. I dont realy care for the Halo franchise, I'm not a fan of it or anything since I only play Halo PC online after half way thru the campaign mode I got bored, but I still think Halo 1 is way better than Halo 2. Halo 2 was hyped too much (ZOMG THAT BEATS THE TOY STORY HYPE SHIZ...) which made me expect Halo 2 to be great but instead it made me regret buying it from ebay for 25$ which was a waste of money. Hell at least Halo 1 took me a while to reach at least half way thru the game, but I think I beat Halo 2 in 3 or 4 days.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:12 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 04:12 PM #47 of 748
Originally Posted by BigHairyFeet
Yes, but you cannot deny that alot of that is just bitching about how the game is different from Halo. Most people love most what they see first.
Of course Halo 2 is different from Halo. That's why it sucks. I'm really glad I haven't bothered with Halo 2 for a serious period. It's bad enough that I'm an oddball by using the dpad for aiming and right analog stick for moving. It's even worse that people wanting to involve themselves in Halo would be turned away if their first Halo experience was with 2.

In fact, if I played Halo 2 first, I would never of bothered with the first.

FELIPE NO
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:18 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 04:18 PM #48 of 748
Originally Posted by BigHairyFeet
My point. Halo 2 is different from Halo. People should stop focusing on what it isn't and focus on what it is.
Oh, ok.

In that case, what is Halo 2, then?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Elixir; Mar 31, 2006 at 10:32 PM.
Yillb
Syklis Green

Member 145

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:19 PM #49 of 748
Originally Posted by Solis
What I find funny is that I can't think of an FPS in recent memory that didn't have these problems.
I didn't say the game was bad but when I said ending what I really meant was that I paid fifty dollars to get the same ending that the Matrix 2 movie had- it didn't feel like an ending. I think that was just a bad place to end the game- maybe if it had one more level where you ride one of those ships down to Earth as the invasion gets into full swing and it shows you standing in front of an army or something...[dreams]

The ending can be bad.
Halo 2 didn't really have an ending, which is worse- granted it may be the in between guy, but damn they could have ended it some way. Oh, and worse of all you finish playing as the Arbitor- happy days!

Whatever just no more crazy auto aim- bullets flying round corners and such.

Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:44 PM #50 of 748
Originally Posted by Elixir
Oh, ok.

In that case, what is Halo 2, then?
HALO IS HALO

HALO 2 IS HALO 2, A BIZARRE DERIVATIVE OF HALO (BUT IT'S NOT HALO!)

Apparently.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Halo Kitty