Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Kingdom Hearts 2

shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 01:43 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 12:43 AM #51 of 994
I need more more more. All I'm saying is, I hope the repeat levels have something new to do besides travel through Agrabah and beat up large bodies again.
Still can't wait to delve into Tron and PotC!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
merlinde
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2485

Level 1.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 01:45 PM #52 of 994
since it's kinda weird if you would know me, I'll introduce myself first. I'm Merlinde, and I just signed in because I read that this site has sheet music from KH 1...and because I'm a huge KH-fan, ofcourse I'm interested. But when I read this topic, I found out that you know quite a lot about the second game, and I really thought I was up to date. So my main question was: do you have ány idea when the releasedat for KH 2 in europe is? I probably should place this question in another topic but I have no idea wich one

Most amazing jew boots
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 03:35 PM #53 of 994
Quote:
All I'm saying is, I hope the repeat levels have something new to do besides travel through Agrabah and beat up large bodies again.
I was wondering the same thing myself. One of the biggest complaints about the first game was the lack of variety in each world. Basically you fight Heartless, and that's about it. Town areas like Traverse Town were devoid of life (NPCs). And someone who played the first couple hours tells me that Twilight Town is no different. I would love to be able to visit, say, a local pub in the Pirates world and interact with the various NPCs. So my question is, is there more to do in the worlds now besides fighting enemies?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 04:22 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 01:22 PM #54 of 994
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
I would love to be able to visit, say, a local pub in the Pirates world and interact with the various NPCs. So my question is, is there more to do in the worlds now besides fighting enemies?
To be honest, not that much. You basically go through each world slashing your way through enemies and trying to get to the next stages to trigger the boss fights. Of course, you can speak with the characters in each Disney world, but I don't remember being able to enter many "buildings" to chat with other NPCs.

You also visit each world twice before new ones at the end of the game can open up, if I remember correctly.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 04:27 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 03:27 PM #55 of 994
Originally Posted by merlinde
since it's kinda weird if you would know me, I'll introduce myself first. I'm Merlinde, and I just signed in because I read that this site has sheet music from KH 1...and because I'm a huge KH-fan, ofcourse I'm interested. But when I read this topic, I found out that you know quite a lot about the second game, and I really thought I was up to date. So my main question was: do you have ány idea when the releasedat for KH 2 in europe is? I probably should place this question in another topic but I have no idea wich one
I heard October this year, not sure of specific date.

FELIPE NO
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 10:35 AM #56 of 994
www.kh2.co.uk has a Gamestop promo. In English. Too bad they spoiled 1% of the last boss fight

How ya doing, buddy?
Interrobang
What I learned in Boating Class is

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:31 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 10:31 PM #57 of 994
Originally Posted by Tritoch
Someone has some unresolved issues.
Fuck you.
Quote:
They said in the first game that their worlds had already been devoured by the Heartless, hence why all the characters were scattered and intermingling.
If you actually fucking paid attention in the first game: they state Hollow Bastion is their world.
Quote:
Hell, even a generic RPG world to represent FF1 would be great. Just make sure the town in that world is called Corneria and they're all set.
Packing a Kingdom Hearts game with generic worlds defeats the entire purpose. Where's the novelty?

Most amazing jew boots
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:44 PM #58 of 994
Originally Posted by Sing
Fuck you.
That's right, let out your anger. Go to your happy place.

If you actually fucking paid attention in the first game: they state Hollow Bastion is their world.
I believe they said that Hollow Bastion was one of their worlds. The rest had already fallen completely to the Heartless.

Packing a Kingdom Hearts game with generic worlds defeats the entire purpose. Where's the novelty?
FF1 was pretty generic overall, so there wouldn't be a need for much detail there for fans to appreciate it. It would be easier to do something from FF IV and beyond, but I'm pointing out that any of them could be done.

How ya doing, buddy?
Zeta26
Good Chocobo

Member 1280

Level 18.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:00 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 09:00 PM #59 of 994
Originally Posted by shadowlink56
I need more more more. All I'm saying is, I hope the repeat levels have something new to do besides travel through Agrabah and beat up large bodies again.
Still can't wait to delve into Tron and PotC!
For starters, Atlantica's world has been fully renovated for the musical. You need to pass 5 musicals in order to complete this world. In Olympus Coliseum, there seems to be a whole new set of Tournaments. Which's the Underground Tournaments. You can also do some skateboarding in both the Twilight Town and Hollow Bastion (town area).

But, that's the whole purpose is that you beat up the heartless and the new types of enemies. Called: Nobodies.

~Fav Radiant Dawn Character~
Interrobang

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:06 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 11:06 PM #60 of 994
I believe they said that Hollow Bastion was one of their worlds.
No, they didn't.
Quote:
FF1 was pretty generic overall, so there wouldn't be a need for much detail there for fans to appreciate it.
If it's generic overall, how the Hell does it make clear that it's the world of Final Fantasy? Why should Square Enix waste their time pumping out boring and/or redundant worlds when they could be focusing on more Disney worlds, the actual purpose of the series' existence?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:14 AM #61 of 994
No, they didn't.
Normally I would concede since it's been several years since I beat the first game. However, you're just an asshat who has much proof as I do.

If it's generic overall, how the Hell does it make clear that it's the world of Final Fantasy? Why should Square Enix waste their time pumping out boring and/or redundant worlds when they could be focusing on more Disney worlds, the actual purpose of the series' existence?
I believe I already answered in the previous response that town names and locations would be intact. They could easily use some of the old dialogue and such as well. It really wouldn't be that hard to make Garland into a servant of the Heartless. Besides, I'd rather see at least one generic RPG world in KH3 than a Pocahantas world. That's not to say that Disney worlds are bad at all, but I'd like to see a bit of variety in the selection so that the FF characters are there for more than show.

Interrobang

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:30 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 11:30 PM #62 of 994
Normally I would concede since it's been several years since I beat the first game. However, you're just an asshat with as much proof as I have.
Quote:
Aerith: This is our childhood home. We wanted to see it again.
Go punch yourself in the face.
Quote:
Besides, I'd rather see at least one generic RPG world in KH3 than a Pocahantas world.
Bypassing the fact that Pocahantas was a eh movie, the novelty still puts it above "generic grassland world that is a waste of development and without a meaningful connection with the player".
Quote:
That's not to say that Disney worlds are bad at all, but I'd like to see a bit of variety in the selection so that the FF characters are there for more than show.
The worlds have already been explored in their own games. The characters have also been explored in those same games. Why do you desire another series to be filled with more of your fanboy crap?

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:51 AM #63 of 994
Quote:
Aerith: This is our childhood home. We wanted to see it again.
Go punch yourself in the face.
I will when I see that in screencap form, or someone else backing you up on that point who also wants me to punch myself in the face.

Bypassing the fact that Pocahantas was a eh movie, the novelty still puts it above "generic grassland world that is a waste of development and without a meaningful connection with the player".
Way to miss the entire point.
It would be easier to do something from FF IV and beyond, but I'm pointing out that any of them could be done.
Considering you're the only person here who's gung-ho about not wanting to ever see an FF world, I don't think you're qualified to say that it would have no meaningful connection for players.

The worlds have already been explored in their own games. The characters have also been explored in those same games. Why do you desire another series to be filled with more of your fanboy crap?
Yes, heaven forbid they be referenced and create a true crossover between Final Fantasy and Disney. Despite my name, I'm no fanboy. FF VII was pretty blah, FF VIII sucked near the end and had a crappy magic system, FFX seemed pointless by the end, and FF X-2 made me want to bash my head against a wall from the very beginning. Just because someone enjoys a popular series of games and wants to see their favorite characters again in a new scenario doesn't mean they're drooling fanboys.

FELIPE NO
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:59 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 09:59 PM #64 of 994
Regarding what Tritoch had posted earlier about Hollow Bastion being one of their worlds, and to end a portion of the disagreement:

Quote:
Aerith: She's been using the Heartless for years.

Leon: We lost our world, thanks to her.

Cid: One day, a swarm of Heartless took over our world!

Leon: That was nine years ago.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Interrobang

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:29 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 12:29 AM #65 of 994
Way to miss the entire point.
Miss what point? You clearly stated that you would prefer a "generic RPG world" over a Pocahontas-themed world. "Generic RPG world" is not from a specific game and thus has no meaningful connection with the audience.

Quote:
Just because someone enjoys a popular series of games and wants to see their favorite characters again in a new scenario doesn't mean they're drooling fanboys.
Good for you. Put them in a more appropriate format than Kingdom Hearts which, again, is worth playing mostly for the Disney aspect.

Most amazing jew boots
Kensaki
_

Member 2194

Level 15.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 02:12 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 09:12 AM #66 of 994
Can I offer you some anger managment therapy Sing?

Most amazing jew boots
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 03:48 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 10:48 AM #67 of 994
I'm not really sure that I want to see an FF world, since it'll more likely be one based on the games Nomura worked on (VII, VIII, X), while there are some far more interesting ones (I for one would like to see the Lifa Tree, or Memoria). I'd hate to see him butcher classic Amano characters like he did with Setzer (Not saying that I don't like his artwork, but he did a prettty lousy job on Setzer).

Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:04 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 09:04 AM #68 of 994
Kingdom Hearts: serious business.

Step back and look at this objectively, guys. You're getting hairs up your asses over the niggling bits of the storyline of a game where you go galavanting around with Captain Jack Sparrow and have musical adventures with Ariel the mermaid.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 01:23 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 10:23 PM #69 of 994
Found some beautiful wallpapers by a fan.

Source:
http://angiechow.livejournal.com/63033.html#cutid2

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 02:49 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 03:49 PM #70 of 994
Thats pretty neat Kairi <3 hehe yeah it seems that the asian release for the original version have been moved to april 28 or so.

aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 04:47 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 04:47 PM #71 of 994
Hey, just off hand, does anybody have the ending videos fro KH:CoM....and www.kh2.co.uk 's file place, has desided, that they wont host them any more...really agrivating...and i forget exactly how the game ends...and my GBA broke..>.< dont wana by a new one, just to watch these since i know ONE of you has it :-p

FELIPE NO
Rei no Otaku
Fanboy

Member 386

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 05:45 PM #72 of 994
Thanks Kairi, those wallpapers rock. It's funny because I was looking for some KH2 wallpapers for when the game comes out. I like my wallpaper to corrospond to what I'm playing at the time.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
PuPu
Anyone for a pupu platter?

Member 379

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 06:37 PM #73 of 994
Originally Posted by aku
Hey, just off hand, does anybody have the ending videos fro KH:CoM....and www.kh2.co.uk 's file place, has desided, that they wont host them any more...really agrivating...and i forget exactly how the game ends...and my GBA broke..>.< dont wana by a new one, just to watch these since i know ONE of you has it :-p

Here's the next best thing
http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/gba/c/king.htm

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Don't touch my pom pom!
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:15 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 06:15 PM #74 of 994
Thanks for that link, PuPu. I lost that earlier and had some trouble finding it again. I found that the ending from the other link didn't seem to work for me.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:09 AM #75 of 994
www.kh-vids.net has like... everything.

Bad news? They lost the Pete boss fights

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Kingdom Hearts 2