Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Classic] "So what does Blast Processing DO?!"

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 03:59 AM Local time: Nov 18, 2007, 06:59 PM 1 #1 of 12
"So what does Blast Processing DO?!"

Gives the Mega Drive ETERNAL LIFE.. in 2007.. in mutilated form! But wow, Sonic the Hedgehog sure runs pretty fast! Brazilian company Tectoy is planning on releasing a portable Mega Drive next month, no not the Nomad!

BEHOLD.

Apparently it has a "high definition" screen, will run off three AAA batteries, and you'll also be able to hook it up to your TV. But bupbooooow, no option to play your actual Mega Drive cartridges, making it the ultimate Mega Drive system. Instead it'll come with twenty games built-in.

- Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
- Alien Storm
- Altered Beast
- Arrow Flash
- Columns III
- Crack Down
- Decap Attack
- Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
- Ecco the Dolphin
- Ecco Jr.
- E-SWAT
- Flicky
- Gain Ground
- Golden Axe
- Jewel Master
- Kid Chameleon
- Ristar
- Sonic and Knuckles
- Shadow Dancer
- The Revenge of Shinobi

All for the low, low price of roughly $110 US. I'm sure someone will eventually hack this thing to pieces and whack a cartridge slot on it to impress the ladies. Tectoy FASCINATES me! In the late-90's they came up with the Master System Compact, and even released a girls version! PINK. EVERY GIRL MUST BUY!

They've made loooots of Brazil-exclusive Master System and Mega Drive games. Most of them are raped takes on popular games for other systems. Including a Master System version of Street Fighter 2 (looks amazing, plays like the fighters are in a room loaded with pig shit), Earthworm Jim, Mortal Kombat 3, blah blah blah. Mega Drive? Mega Drive got DUKE NUKEM 3D.

Why it isn't on this portable Mega Drive, I'll never know! Nothing can stop Tectoy's fight for keeping the 'next-gen' threat of the Saturn, PlayStation (Sony entering the console business?) and Nintendo 64 away. But that's okay, I guess they'll be making Sega Saturn games in about five years time. GOOD LUCK!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; Nov 18, 2007 at 05:47 AM.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 05:21 AM Local time: Nov 18, 2007, 12:21 PM #2 of 12
The Master System Super Compact has got to be the single most uncomfortable looking button layouts I've ever seen

Look at that angle, the shape, the layout, the WAY THE BUTANS ARE SO FREAKING CLOSE TO THE CORNER ;___;

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 06:02 AM Local time: Nov 18, 2007, 09:02 PM #3 of 12
Sure, some sacrifies to the general use of your hands for the rest of your life have to be made, but it's worth it for a Master System small enough to snuggly fit in your pocket once you've ripped it to shreds trying to force the Master System in there!

"I've got a Game Boy!"
"I've got a Game Gear"
"Well I've got a Master System Super Compact!"
"WOW! Can I have a go?!"
"Sure, we just need to swing by the corner store and buy a few packets of batteries and a television set"

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Nall
Robotic Operating Buddy

Member 24431

Level 13.42

Sep 2007

Old Nov 20, 2007, 10:22 PM #4 of 12
For $110 asking price I don't see why they didn't just re-tool a Nomad with a slimmer case and better screen. I mean, the technology's already there, I'm sure they could do it. But I can't say anything bad about re-releasing Kid Chameleon; that just sells it right there. Well, not really... but Sonic & Knuckles AND Ecco AND Ristar is a good package any way you slice it.

All the games are first-party, too. Looks like Sega was the only company willing to go in on this. I just hope these games are ported better than some of their earlier attempts. They *did* manage to package only games that make use of a 3-button controller setup, though, so the effort is there at least.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
boltzman84
Hardcore Gamer

Member 15772

Level 7.08

Nov 2006

Old Nov 20, 2007, 10:47 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2007, 09:47 PM #5 of 12
I think they tried something this already...it was called Game Gear....and yeah, it was terrible...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Tortalius
Space-ish not that we know what that means.

Member 1680

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2007, 10:51 PM #6 of 12
hey hey! don't' go knocking the game gear. sure its battery life wasn't the longest, but it looked damn pretty, and twas damn fun.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

SIG POLICE SAY: Technically only two images allowed in a sig at once, unless special clemency is granted. So seek out special clemency if you try it again. kthxbye.
PS what you've got is still pretty annoying
Strife
I'm your new travel agent

Member 24747

Level 9.89

Sep 2007

Old Nov 21, 2007, 01:18 AM #7 of 12

FELIPE NO
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 12:13 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2007, 05:13 PM #8 of 12
No SEGA logo?! I smell a lawsuit in the making... also Infernal...

I lost the source it was on some crappy blog, but from what I remember the guy said for some reason they went to all this effort but haven't got it working yet

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by S_K; Nov 21, 2007 at 12:20 PM.
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Nov 21, 2007, 12:41 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2007, 10:41 AM #9 of 12
Thunder Force 4's power cannot be contained in such a small box.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
CelticWhisper
We've met before, haven't we?

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2007, 01:54 PM Local time: Nov 22, 2007, 12:54 PM #10 of 12
Doesn't matter. They phail for lack of Shining Force and Phantasy Star. And where the fuck is Streets of Rage?

I already have a super-compact Genesis/Megadrive. It's called the GP2X with Dr.MD and a half-gig SD card loaded up with ROMs.

They do, however, win back points for having the most awesome platformer ever invented: DecapAttack. That game had EVERYTHING.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

It is not my custom to go where I am not invited.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Nov 22, 2007, 02:25 PM #11 of 12
Ok. I'll be honest, Ristar and Kid Chameleon make this pretty enticing.

However, for a little more, I can purchase a PSP, mod it and play both Kid Chameleon and Ristar with much better button configuration. I'd also have Shining Force 1 & II, Comix Zone, Vectorman 1 & 2, Toe Jam & Earl 1 & 2: Panic on Funkotron, Gunstar Heroes, M.U.S.H.A., Landstalker and Castlevania: Bloodlines.

So, ummm...fuck you, Brazil.

Also, your D-pad looks flimsy as all hell.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Nov 23, 2007, 03:59 AM Local time: Nov 23, 2007, 06:59 PM #12 of 12
PSP also has

Which sets you back like $15 these days. But does PSP run off the raw power of three AAA batteries?! No! Tectoy wins!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Classic] "So what does Blast Processing DO?!"