Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] (Wi)ideas for Wii games

Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 11:03 AM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 06:03 PM #1 of 22
(Wi)ideas for Wii games

The mad fun of having a Wiimote never ends. EVER! What games do you suspect to end up in the future (homebrew or retail)?

I'm thinking of an exercise thing here. Add some weights to the Wiimote in a certain way and get training.

Or some hentai game - that'd make perfect sense.

How ya doing, buddy?
Niekon
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Member 52

Level 19.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 11:09 AM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 09:09 AM #2 of 22
I was looking at it... and as an add-on for WiiSports would be slapshots on goal. It would make sense since they are using a similar motion for golf. Why not add in something else that utilizes that kind of motion?
Though if it were to become a full-on hockey game, then I'd be curious to know how that would play out... moving the puck from player to player... moving the players... making the shots. The nunchuk could be used but would become an issue when making that slapshot...

Most amazing jew boots
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 11:10 AM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 10:10 AM #3 of 22
I haven't played Red Steel yet, so I don't know if you can "swordfight" per se in multi-player, but I would like to see a true swordfighting game. Maybe you even have 2 Wiimotes to play it, and one Wiimote could be a sword while the other acts as a shield. I'm talkin' true dodge, parry, thrust, etc. and not just moving your Wiimote in a generic way to make a generic "slash" in-game. For example, you could basically have a multi-player fencing game.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 11:25 AM #4 of 22
Not so much a game idea... But if you look at the sides of the Wiimote, there's a sort of 'slot', that looks like you can snap some kind of attachment on.

Obviously there's nothing like that out right now, but it seems like a possibility in the future. The question is... what would it be?

Most amazing jew boots
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 11:32 AM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 06:32 PM #5 of 22
Originally Posted by Sousuke
Not so much a game idea... But if you look at the sides of the Wiimote, there's a sort of 'slot', that looks like you can snap some kind of attachment on.

Obviously there's nothing like that out right now, but it seems like a possibility in the future. The question is... what would it be?
There are already plans for attachments like a golf club, baseball bat etc. for Wii Sports.

I was speaking idiomatically.
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 11:38 AM #6 of 22
Star Wars lightsabers, obviously. It's a given.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 11:39 AM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 11:39 AM #7 of 22
Some sort of drumming game!

I don't like adding weight and size to the Wiimote just for baseball. The thing is already a weapon!

FELIPE NO
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 12:28 PM #8 of 22
Originally Posted by Grawl
There are already plans for attachments like a golf club, baseball bat etc. for Wii Sports.
Oh, nice. I didn't know about that. That'll be cool though, it's weird swinging an imaginary golf club. XD

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 12:47 PM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 11:47 AM #9 of 22
Indeed, i've heard word of a lightsaber game for Wii, mind you, that was rumour from long before it was released, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
somedude2387
Chocobo

Member 678

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 05:08 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2006, 08:08 AM #10 of 22
Originally Posted by Sousuke

Yeh Ever since I saw the control and how the Wii would work I've wanted attachments to put on the control. I think it would be awesome to have some sort of gun attachment and connect it to the Wiimote as if it were some type of silencer, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

There's nowhere I can't reach.
I can't listen to that much Wagner. I start getting the urge to conquer Poland.
Woody Allen (1935 - )

Anyone know how to use alchemy?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 05:23 PM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 10:23 PM #11 of 22
Some kind of chopping-tenderising-chopping-cake decorating-chopping spinoff of the Mortal Kombat series wouldn't go amiss.

ApOcaLyPSe_1985
Wiivolution

Member 1331

Level 13.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 06:22 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2006, 01:22 AM #12 of 22
some kind of drawing game where everything you draw comes alive. ofcourse lots of violence and gore included

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Fight Nintendo! For everlasting peace!
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 06:23 PM #13 of 22
Originally Posted by Krelian
Some kind of chopping-tenderising-chopping-cake decorating-chopping spinoff of the Mortal Kombat series wouldn't go amiss.
Sounds like a bloody version of Cooking Mama to me!

Almost unfeasible, but a dancing rhythm game like, I don't know, Space Channel: Part 3, would be totally groovy. It's doable! Maybe if you don't want to get as flamboyant as a third installment to Space Channel, then maybe Bust A Groove 3
I can only hope...

scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 07:41 PM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 04:41 PM #14 of 22
Originally Posted by somedude2387
Yeh Ever since I saw the control and how the Wii would work I've wanted attachments to put on the control. I think it would be awesome to have some sort of gun attachment and connect it to the Wiimote as if it were some type of silencer, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

like this? I think thats a good idea but I would still like to have the nun chuck available to use. Maybe if they added another USB to the attachment.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 08:34 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2006, 03:34 AM #15 of 22
Originally Posted by ApOcaLyPSe_1985
some kind of drawing game where everything you draw comes alive. ofcourse lots of violence and gore included
An online drawing thing would be a nice thing. Downloadable for $10, it'd be kinda funny. Draw around with some friends and stuff.

FELIPE NO
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 08:51 PM #16 of 22
Wii Air Guitar. Let the Wii have its own version of Guitar Hero or something or maybe raving or something. Give the Wii-mote a glow color. I dunno.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 10:01 PM #17 of 22
Wii Okami. Nuff said.

Another oddball idea I had - Some sort of construction game where you need to construct something within a certain period of time (twist the Wiimote to screw in something, slam it downward to hammer, saw, and all sorts of other tools)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 07:37 AM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 06:37 AM #18 of 22
I propose a game where you eat food, called "Wii Eating At Restaurants: CHAINS OF VIGILANCE 3: TACTICS". How it plays is you move the wiimote to impale the steak on your fork and motion it to your mouth. Tap A repeatedly to chew. Pick up the french fries on the other side of the plate with the nunchuk attachment; press Z to pick them up and motion them to your mouth.

Pressing B on the wiimote will cause you to put down your fork so you can grab your soda and take a sip, among other things... the levels range in difficulty, from fast food, to diner, to steakhouse and beyond. And if EA makes this game, you'll be sitting in actual name-brand restaurants like Taco Bell and Burger King and Denny's and Montana's. Yes.

As the levels get harder you will have to use some more movements and even STRATEGY in eating your meals, for example, cutting your steak with a fork and knife instead of just raising it to your mouth and biting off a piece. It will lower the mess you make and the princess will love you more by the time the date is over, as evidenced by improvements in the heart gauge to the right.

THE GOAL OF THE GAME is to eat meals as fast as you can and eventually save the magical princess who'll blow up the earth because a dragon is forcing her to. Levels end when either your "stomach capacity" or "nourishment" gauge is filled. The nourishment gauge is for extra points; depending on what you eat and what you order with it, as well as the rate of your eating and how you wanted it cooked, it will rise or fall. If you end a level with both gauges completely full you get tons of bonuses like a multiplayer mode where you stab people with forks and assault rifles in a canyon trying to capture the enemy flag.

You can also cook your own meals in your virtual house, trying to see what you can do to nourish and fill yourself. If you keep building your skill you get the super secret ending where you collect all seven chaos emeralds, prevent reality from being destroyed by the great demon Fukomaru, and kiss the lovely fairy Princess Itsuko.

Spoiler:
BUT THEN AT THE END IT ZOOMS IN ON THE PILE OF PHAZON AND A HAND WITH AN EYEBALL GROWS OUT OF AND LOOKS AT YOU AND GLOWS RED OR SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!

TO BE CONTINUED IN WII EATING AT RESTAURANTS 2: SONNET OF MISERY: STEAK EATER

Yes, I know, I have made the best idea in the whole thread.

THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT MOSCOW

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by PsychoJosh; Nov 25, 2006 at 07:51 AM.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 10:48 AM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 10:48 AM #19 of 22
Was I supposed to laugh?

DjMeas
~VGM Composer~

Member 2154

Level 15.68

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 11:29 AM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 09:29 AM #20 of 22
I know Silent Scope is an old Konami series now, but they were never
properly released for home console because.. Who wants to aim with
the Playstation analog controller??

Despite not having a scope to look into~ The game might actually be
pretty cool with the Wiimote. Precise aiming in certain situations and all.
Who knows, maybe Konami can make a scope attachment that plugs
into the bottom nunchuk port and clips onto the Wiimote.

Probably not going to happen, but i think it'd be cool.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 01:33 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 12:33 PM #21 of 22
Originally Posted by Lukage
Was I supposed to laugh?
Fuck you. I like eating. :eyebrow:

Last edited by PsychoJosh; Nov 25, 2006 at 03:17 PM.
Traumatized Rat
Final Fantasy VI

Member 294

Level 31.22

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 01:45 PM #22 of 22
A couple of ideas.

1) This has been discussed at length in chat and I think it is a fabulous idea. We were discussing the possibility of a 'Cello Hero' game where we can use the Wiimote as a bow. Sounds rad.

2) I heard something about Iwata conducting a virtual symphony orchestra. This idea sounds like it has a lot of potential. I've taken conducting classes at school and I know how hard it is to find podium time. It could potentially be a great learning tool for students provided it was accurate to the actual discipline. (It would take some practice to conduct having an actual conducting sim, but it could potentially serve to teach many people a very useful musical skill) Of course, I think it all is dependant on the realism of the idea in practice. i.e. HOW the orchestra responds to the conductor. If the cues are bad, the players fumble entrances. If the conductor alters tempo, the ensemble responds accordingly.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] (Wi)ideas for Wii games