Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] GFF Anime Club

Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:37 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2010, 10:37 AM #101 of 369
I caught most of the Azumanga stuff but I was mostly away from my PC doing stuff around the apartment.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 06:37 PM #102 of 369
I know a bunch of you weren't able to catch Tuesday's broadcast and since I wasn't able to get a good recording of that I still need to rebroadcast it for archival purposes. I'll either do it after tonight's show or tomorrow night. I wanted to do it last night but I got distracted by Minecraft.

Anyway show for tonight coming up in about 30 minutes.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Aug 9, 2010, 03:06 AM #103 of 369
I'm just having some bad luck with procaster. I decide to try the older version and it has these terrible connectivity issues while I broadcasted this weekend's Tylor. I'm gonna have to redo this one and last Tuesday as well. Hopefully lady luck will smile on me tomorrow. Sorry about not having the archive up to date this week.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Aug 10, 2010, 03:50 PM #104 of 369
Alright archives 8, 9, and 10 from last week are available now. Catch up on Tutu and Azumanga Daioh before tonight's broadcast if you can. Again I'm sorry about the huge delay.

While I still need to figure out a way to manipulate the h264 files that procaster saves to my computer for now I'll be using an older version of procaster that encodes using on2 vp6 which I find more appealing anyway. I will most likely turn off the archives during the broadcast as I had a few network issues while trying to use procaster, watch the stream on my laptop, run a minecraft server, and run wowza at the same time this weekend while recording Tylor. Not sure which part of that I'm not able to juggle but let's just say when I'm broadcasting that has highest priority and anything that gets in the way will get the axe during that time.

I will be on vacation next week which means I probably will not broadcast next week (I'll post more on this when I have more details). This works well enough though considering Tutu and Tylor will be ending this week, buuuut I'll need replacement shows. I'm kind of leaning for Cowboy Bebop to replace either Tylor or Tutu (it's really a matter if you'd rather marathon it on the weekend or not) but I'm not sure what else I should get into the lineup.

Additional Spam:
Oh yeah and of course more Tutu and Azu tonight at 8 PM EST. Be there. Last week people were too busy or something.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by FatsDomino; Aug 10, 2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Aug 11, 2010, 07:41 AM #105 of 369
Alright last night's broadcast is available in the archive. Last night was pretty sparse. lurker was there the entire time which was pretty awesome and Tails and Deni came in for a bit. Last week's attendance wasn't that great, and the technical difficulties and the delay of archive broadcasts probably had something to do with that. If you can I'd highly recommend taking today and tomorrow to catch up in order to watch Thursday's finale for Princess Tutu. It's going to be fantastic. And of course the finale for Irresponsible Captain Tylor will be this weekend. Filming is Job 1!

Due to prior weekend plans I intend to show Tylor's finale on Friday night. I'll probably be far too busy Saturday night packing up for vacation. Speaking of, vacation will probably be a short one going to Wednesday which doesn't completely kill off the possibility of having a Thursday and weekend show next week.

In the meantime I'd like to take suggestions on what you'd like as replacement shows for Tutu and Tylor. Like I said in the last post I'm leaning towards one of them being Cowboy Bebop as a few people have expressed interest in watching that already.

Also might as well throw this one out. Now that I've pretty much managed to get through three shows how are you guys enjoying GFF Anime Club? Any suggestions? Any problems?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2010, 09:15 AM #106 of 369
It's pretty cool so far, but two hours a night is kind of a lot. I understand why you chose that long of a time, especially considering how annoying some people get when they really like a show (me). I don't know what the solution should be, I'm just putting my thoughts out there.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:11 AM #107 of 369
Yeah, on the old format people started leaving after Ebichu was over which was about about an hour and a half into the broadcast. Seemed to be a combination of people not really caring about tuning in for Tylor after that and it being time to sleep or that's enough of dese animows for tonight for me thanks. Currently it's like 2 hours and 15 to 30 minutes a night.

My main problem with reducing it from six episodes to four episodes per broadcast is that it'll take longer to get through a show, but if you guys would prefer that then I'm flexible. I'm still gonna go by only having two different series a night max though. You guys clearly couldn't handle three, so moving the third series to the weekend was a good idea. I just need to be more consistent when airing it and giving out notice.

It's kind of strange running this show. It's three times a week and if I'm late it's usually only 30 minutes max but it's very different from doing Drink On. However I guess it really depends on the show and the willingness of the audience to stick around. I got like 10 people to watch all of Detroit Metal City after already being up very very late after Drink On was over. That was three hours. Key difference is that people were ready for Drink On and any staying up late fun times and also it was the weekend.

I'm all for awesome marathons like that and if people would rather do big marathons on the weekend instead of this tri-weekly thing I'm okay with that too. Really all I'm looking for is commitment to whatever it is you guys want to do, but then again as long as I have awesome viewing buddies like you, packrat, Deni, and Tails I'm fine keeping it to a low crowd as long as you all are happy.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:55 AM #108 of 369
Yeah I gotta support my drink on bro <3

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2010, 02:26 PM Local time: Aug 11, 2010, 01:26 PM #109 of 369
Because we eeeepic.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Old Aug 12, 2010, 07:43 AM #110 of 369
<3 you guys~

Don't forget to catch up on Tutu for tonight's finale.

Also again with the bringing up of the new shows that you wanna watch, yeah?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2010, 07:48 AM #111 of 369
Watch The Big O

(because you're all tomatoes)

FELIPE NO

#654: Braixen
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2010, 08:37 AM #112 of 369
I wanna watch something WEIRD and SURREAL. Tutu is bringing it (magical girl ballerina, neko-sensei, the various animal students (oh my god the snake lady)) but I require more.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2010, 08:57 AM #113 of 369
Well if you want trippy there's always Kaiba (or any of Masaaki Yuasa's recent works) or Dead Leaves. DL is a movie (55 minutes long), but you should watch it as an in-between while you decide on another show because it rules so fucking much.

YouTube Video

Jam it back in, in the dark.

#654: Braixen
Old Aug 12, 2010, 06:40 PM #114 of 369
Kaiba sounds awesome actually.

Anyway gonna be late cuz of storms and horrible traffic. I may be starting the show at 9 PM because of this shit.

I'll post again or in chat or both before I start the show. Gotta get folks in for the Tutu finale.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Aug 12, 2010, 11:39 PM #115 of 369
Sorry for being late tonight but I think it worked out pretty well starting later as more west coast folks were able to join in on the fun. In fact seven people showed up for Princess Tutu's farewell. I hope you all enjoyed it as it's one of my favorites. =)

I will be showing the last six episodes of Tylor tomorrow night if all things go well. Please join to see the captain at his finest. It'll be a whirlwind of emotions, despair, action, and last minute surprises to see the crew of the Soyokaze off to go boldly.

Oh and tonight's broadcast is already up and available in case you missed it. I'd love to know what you thought of Tutu. <3

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:04 PM #116 of 369
If I told you the broadcast of Tylor went without a hitch that would be a lie. Livestream took a dump about halfway into it so I'll need to rebroadcast for the archives.

Anyway, thanks for showing up, Deni and Dull. :spacesalute:

Oh and some time I'll have to show the Tylor OVAs. I think I'll show Cowboy Bebop first unless you all would like more Tylor sooner rather than later.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:07 PM #117 of 369
Vacation was longer than expected. I'll do a rebroadcast of the last six episodes of Tylor sometime either tomorrow or Monday.

I haven't quite determined what to replace Tutu with. Kaiba seems interesting enough but I'm still open for suggestions.

I'm pretty set for doing Cowboy Bebop on the weekend unless you'd prefer it in the weekday slot.

It's been a week and if you guys have had any thoughts on how this should be better run or if you'd prefer Cowboy Bebop on the week days instead or well anything I'd really like you to voice your thoughts in this thread.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2010, 04:16 AM Local time: Aug 22, 2010, 03:16 AM 2 #118 of 369
I want to watch the Royal Tenenbaums and the Amelie animes.

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Old Aug 22, 2010, 07:40 PM #119 of 369
I'm afraid I don't follow.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:33 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2010, 06:33 PM #120 of 369
Is there anyone who hasn't watched Cowboy Bebop on Adult Swim 5x already? Those were the good days.

Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:55 PM #121 of 369
Yeah, which kind of makes it amusing to show on a Saturday considering Adult Swim does that anyway. Still, it's been a while for me now and it seems that not everyone has seen it yet.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2010, 09:26 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2010, 07:26 PM #122 of 369
Can someone awaken me from my slumber when you guys decide to do Legend of the Galactic Heroes? I'll probably join in for that since it's a show I've been sorta wanting to watch for awhile now, but need a nudge to actually follow through with it.

My spheres of activity:
Anime Instrumentality Blog - Latest Music Reviews: Gundam Unicorn Soundtrack | Kampfer Soundtrack
Eminence Online (anime music reviewer) - Latest review: Noir Original Soundtrack
The Nihon Review - Latest review: Taisho Yakyuu Musume
slessman
phone on a rock

Member 35117

Level 6.05

Jan 2010

Old Aug 22, 2010, 11:40 PM #123 of 369
So is this like an online anime club? I used to be in one back in my hometown. I wish I still was. But if this is online and if it has open membership I would love to be a part of it!

Most amazing jew boots
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:10 AM 1 #124 of 369
So is this like an online anime club? I used to be in one back in my hometown. I wish I still was. But if this is online and if it has open membership I would love to be a part of it!
Yes, but its subscription based. You have to send a $50 check to Acer, and he'll give you three month's access to the stream.

Old Aug 24, 2010, 03:25 PM #125 of 369
In honor of Satoshi Kon we will be watching Paranoia Agent instead of Kaiba. May he rest in peace.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] GFF Anime Club