Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?

hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2011, 04:00 AM Local time: May 4, 2011, 05:00 PM #1 of 352
Saw THOR a couple of days ago (released on April 28th here in HK). It wasn't really bad at all. Yeah, it was cheesy in some parts, but I guess I wasn't expecting much so I was quite surprised by how much I did like it.

It did make me chuckle a few times, like...
Spoiler:
...when he walks into a pet shop and demands a horse, much to the shock of the shopkeeper. Or when he calls Agent Coulson Son of Coul ('cos Thor is sometimes referred to as Odinson, or Son of Odin).

Not bad a movie I thought anyway. Looking forward to Captain America and The Avengers now.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2011, 02:07 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2011, 03:07 AM #2 of 352
Saw Captain America: The First Avenger last week. Thought it was pretty good and quite well done. Marvel have really done a great job with some of their hero franchises lately. Skinny Steve Rogers was awesome...
Spoiler:
...and I like how they showed him using his brains to get the flag, while upstaging those other soldiers at the camp. Tommy Lee Jones was hilarious:
"Look at him." indicating skinny Rogers trying to perform jumping jacks, "He's making me cry!".
The deal with the ancient power (They called it the "Tesseract" but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be the Cosmic Cube) screams some sort of sequel tying in to Asgard and Thor, but then again they'll probably cover that in the Avengers.

Just saw Space Battleship Yamato on bluray (HK release version - Cantonese/Japanese language with Chinese/English subtitles). Not a huge fan of Kimura Takuya, but I liked the movie nonetheless. Tsutomo Yamazaki was an excellent choice as the stoic Capt Okita, though Meisa Kuroki seemed a little off in her portrayal of Black Tiger Ace Yuki Mori. Nevertheless, despite a few problems, the movie was quite enjoyable and I thought the effort was a good one. Hearing that the US is planning their own version of the movie gives me the willies though...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?