Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2010, 07:53 AM #1 of 352
Originally Posted by Philia
Pulse - Again, what a horrible thing for a director to include a hamfisted message in his movie! I queued this just for Kirsten Bell and she delivers some and some ghost horror but this movie's ending just nearly made me want my two hours back. :\ If they were ripped apart than advertising that stupid nature vs technology debate, I'd be satisfied with that. Politics should have no fucking place in horror. Unless its one of them rules. Like virgins dying first.
The original Japanese flick is a lot better, though honestly it's still pretty mediocre. Most of my enjoyment came from laughing at the idea of ghosts coming through dial-up internet. I don't remember what political stuff they stuck into the American version, but none of that was there in the original.

Quote:
Stranger than Fiction - Now this is the movie that was surprisingly awesome. Those who went in for Will Ferrell comedy should come away disappointed and I expected this when I went in thankfully. Like Alan Sandler's Punch Drunk Love, this is Will Ferrell's. I loved it quite a bit and definitely became one of those movies that left behind something for whole evening.
I really liked this one too, especially the end. Will Ferrell plays a surprisingly good straight-man when he needs to.

Spoiler:
Ponyo - Pretty good, but mostly because Ghibli animation is so much fun to watch. The story was just okay with a couple of quirky characters who kept it from being dull. The Worst Mother in the World was definitely the highlight of the film. Oh, and I laughed forever at the english ending credits music that turns into a pseudo-rap complete with auto-tune halfway through.

Kick-Ass - Great movie that I never got around to seeing when it was in theaters. I liked everything about the movie, though I've never read the graphic novel. It would've been nice to see more of Red Mist, but for all I know there wasn't much of him as a superhero in the original story either.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2010, 10:52 PM 1 #2 of 352
Employee of the Month - LOL the trailer sure did fooled me. I was actually thinking it'd be something of a fun watch but no, what a shit movie this was. Even with experience at retail made me cringe at this.
Unless that trailer completely obscured the fact that Dane Cook and Andy Dick were in it you have no excuse.

Haha, Bug. Back when I worked at Movie Gallery a fellow coworker who'd gone to see that in theaters threatened to never speak to me again if I rented that despite my love of bad horror. This was the same coworker who hated Hot Fuzz and 28 Days Later, though. I tried watching it on cable once, but it bored me to tears after maybe half an hour and I couldn't take any more.

LOL, no one watches ANYTHING anymore? ;___;
I've mostly been watching TV shows on Netflix lately instead of movies, so there isn't much to say. Most recently it's been Veronica Mars, Penn & Teller's Bullshit, and Arrested Development.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2010, 12:40 PM #3 of 352
Originally Posted by Shin
The Invisible (Entertaining enough although doesn't really know where it's going morally which makes the whole thing end up a bit like a not completely shit episode of One Tree Hill).
I love the ending to that one.
Spoiler:
Hey kid, sorry I forced your sister die for no apparent reason other than moral penance. Why don't you write her a message on your airplane? Sure, "Hello" pretty much says it all.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2011, 05:55 PM #4 of 352
Funny Games:
Shame, and yeah it was great that they also broke the fourth wall and rewind using the remote control to make an extra point.
That moment right there ruined the movie for me. I saw the American remake (not sure if you watched that or the German original which I just now discovered exists) several years ago, and from what I remember it was an enjoyable enough flick up until that point.
Spoiler:
The rewind was just so mind-blowingly stupid, and I really, really hated when he randomly broke the fourth wall on top of that for a dumb line. It irritated me so much that it's pretty much all I remember about the movie now, several years later.

Originally Posted by Shin
I actually quite enjoyed the remake of The Omen and I personally think Rob Zombie's Halloween is better than the original but the Elm Street remake is just plain shite, avoid at all costs.
I can sort of agree with that provided we're only talking about the second half of the Halloween remake that covers the events of the original movie. The first half about Michael's childhood was complete trash, and just the standard Rob Zombie tripe of everyone covered in dirt and cursing as much as possible for no reason in particular. I spent the entire first part fighting the urge to fast forward or just to turn it off altogether.

I suppose I'll mention a couple of movies that I've seen recently and remember.
Spoiler:
The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane - This caught my eye on AMC a few weeks ago, and it was surprisingly enjoyable. Jodie Foster plays a 12-13 year old girl whose dying father trained to be able to live independently after his death so that she wouldn't have to live with her bitchy mother or go into the foster care system. She's also kind of a sociopath and has little problem with murdering the people who threaten her solitary life. Toss in a nerdy magician kid who's also cool with the murdering and Martin Sheen as a child molesting douche, and it's well worth watching.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show - Yeah, I'd never actually watched this until now. Admittedly, it was watching the rerun of the Rocky Horror Glee episode that made me go check if it was up for instant watching on Netflix. It was fun enough, though I prefer the Glee covers of some of the songs over the originals. The strangest thing about it, topping even Tim Curry's bustier, was seeing Barry Bostwick that young.

The Human Centipede - Curiosity finally got the best of me after seeing this mentioned several places. It was... interesting. There's really no other way to accurately sum up what a bizarre movie this is. I spent half the movie wondering how in the hell they got the three actors forming the centipede to agree to do it. This sounds a lot more negative than I mean it, though. The whole thing was also strangely entertaining.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2011, 07:16 PM #5 of 352
Yeah, I'm honestly not a big fan of the original Halloween either. I remember it being too slow and takes forever to get going. It's just not very visually impressive compared to the others you mentioned. It had the mood, but it never really did much with it. Don't get me wrong; it has its moments, but I prefer Halloween 2 in the hospital.

I've never seen House of 1,000 Corpses, mainly because I saw Devil's Rejects first. I don't remember if I actually finished Devil's Rejects or eventually turned it off out of boredom. I just can't stand Rob Zombie's style.

Oh, and good call staying far away from the Friday the 13th remake. Awful waste of time.

I was speaking idiomatically.
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2015, 02:27 AM #6 of 352
I've been watching a lot of stuff lately, but two movies I stumbled across on Netflix this week stood out.

It's Such a Beautiful Day:
This shot to the top of my list once I noticed it was from the guy who made Rejected. It has the same bizarre, experimental feel to its animation and humor, but attached to a deeply depressing story. It's divided up into three 20 minute "chapters" that were originally three separate shorts that all run together naturally. Basically, watch this if you liked Rejected and want to feel really sad while laughing.

In Your Eyes:
There's nothing too special about this one as far as romance movies go (aside from the leads being telepathically linked), but I still liked it a lot even though I don't normally go for stuff like this. I found out afterward that it was written by Joss Whedon, which is surprising since it didn't have his usual snappy dialogue patterns. The two leads were enjoyable, and that's really all that matters with this sort of thing.

As for new TV:

Black Mirror:
Now that I've finished both seasons I think the only weak episodes were the two season finales. Episode 3 was just... bad. Nobody in it was the least bit likeable and I could easily see it playing out exactly the same way without the technology involved. Episode 6 was okay with an interesting idea, but I just couldn't see the technology going nearly as far out of control as the ending suggested.

The rest of the episodes were great, especially episode 4. Some of them reminded me a lot of the 90's Outer Limits series whenever they did a technology-based episode. I haven't watched the Christmas special yet.

The 100:
I don't think it's even possible for Kane to un-arch his left eyebrow. He's trapped forever in questioning mode, speaking to people by looking back over his shoulder as often as he can. That man is a hero.

Also, a bunch of kids get speared/hanged/shot/stabbed.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?