Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Comics art and boobers (by vemp)

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 12:19 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 01:19 AM #26 of 163
Something I whipped up earlier tonight. (click image for larger view)

I'm sort of re-inventing my style. Something like that.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Vemp; Mar 22, 2006 at 12:38 PM.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 12:26 PM #27 of 163
Is that second one hellboy?
Looks great, you said it takes you about an hour or two to draw them right. It takes me that long trying to figure out what I want to draw. Usually turns out to be a blank sheet ^_^
Anyway, keep it up I hope to see more

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

New Record!
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 08:28 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 09:28 PM #28 of 163
yeah, he's hellboy. spread the hellboy love!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 05:30 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 03:30 PM #29 of 163
Hellboy, eh... I guess I'll have to stay aroused by Hellboy's boobs for now as I await patiently for vemp's perfect side boob.

I was speaking idiomatically.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 11:25 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 12:25 AM #30 of 163
Looks like I'm going back to drawing the wimmenz.

Carol Danvers <3

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:07 PM #31 of 163
I'm flying lol ^_^
I think your style is great I would practice it if I had the time.
Can't wait to see more.

FELIPE NO

New Record!
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 06:03 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 04:03 PM #32 of 163
I think you need to talk more about the stuff that you are doing, and you should be able to. This would help promote discussion, at least, to the otherwise stale Creator’s Café.

It is very, very nicely done, as usual. Some of the rougher edges of the earlier pieces aren’t present here anymore, which is nice. Have I said that you should start drawing your own comic? Yes? DO IT!

The foreshortening is a difficult although interesting problem. I think her right leg and shin should show. I am not sure what you want to do with her fist though, her left fist in particular. I think a clutched fist might work well.

Back to the foreshortening, the chest looks bulky compare to the torso and the (Is it just me or your girls all have big breast but small butts? O.o) hips, this feel like dynamic angle here with that leg. If you could stack the torso and chest, you could heighten the optical illusion to make the pose more dynamic.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
♪♡
Thanks Seris!
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 09:16 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 10:16 PM #33 of 163
Oh yeah, this drawing drove me nuts, and then I finally gave up and "finished" it.

Here's some of the problems that I was trying to solve. First, the right fist, it should have had an outward look, the fist should have been 3/4 outward and not sideways like how it came out. Second, the left fist, the arms are stretched to the back and the fingers should have been spread, which also should have been highlighted! Third, the right foot. Probably the part where I spent the longest time. As you've said earlier, foreshortening. Yeah, I had a VERY difficult time doing this. Draw, erase, draw, erase, draw erase, until the paper's thin as fuck until I just settled with having the right foot showing, as compared with having the shin and the foot. Fourth, left leg. Her lower leg should be showing. And lastly, the torso. Truth is, I still find it difficult to draw a full body pose of a woman. Mainly because I can't get the lower torso part, from below the chest to the legs. And I'm trying to improve that.

Thanks for noticing them magi, it's cool to see someone see your mistakes instead of the regular "OMG NIEC TITS" comment. Also, I can't go into making my own comics yet cause I'm not that confident with my art yet. I guess that could wait. heh.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:19 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 09:19 AM #34 of 163
OMG NIEC TITS

There's nowhere I can't reach.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:37 AM #35 of 163
Originally Posted by vemp
Something I whipped up earlier tonight. (click image for larger view)

I'm sort of re-inventing my style. Something like that.
I love that one. I really seem to enjoy pictures that are done in black and white, but with splashes of red put into the mix as well. it really works with that style to make it more aggressive. the expressions on their faces are pretty nifty too. this whole image looks like it could be cover art for some metal band's CD.

you have a fantabulous graphic style. I enjoy your work muchly~

Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 08:06 PM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 06:06 PM #36 of 163
Quote:
Also, I can't go into making my own comics yet cause I'm not that confident with my art yet. I guess that could wait. heh.
Confidents comes from experience, you won't gain experience if you never try. Its not like "drawing comic" has to be submitting something to the DC/Marvel and get published. Besides, drawing comic book its about presenting an idea, and has it speak to something of your own identity. It is get across either from your art or the story that you are writing. Even though people usually don't get mega-sellers in their first attempt at something like this, they'll usually learn a lot. I know I do.

I tried actually working on the pose today. Although we probably have a different approch to this, but I feel that her right leg doesn't have to stretch back as much as it has now. Do you do thumb nail sketches?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
♪♡
Thanks Seris!
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:24 PM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 11:24 AM #37 of 163
thanks naz and ava, oh and I'm kinda experimenting with that kind of style, heavy blacks and all.

magi, sadly I tend to "finish" a thumbnail when I try to make one. This piece is an example of it. It started as a small sketch, like I'm trying to get the pose and all, and I kind of "finished" it. It's just a small sketch, about 4"x4" so it's very small, as for the pose, I think mine's a bit exaggerated. I was trying to put a sense of a "fast" flight (?) like she's going forward in a faster pace or something. And yeah.. I still lack experience. A lot of it.

LET'S LVL UP AT BLOODY FOOTHILLS!

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:39 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 11:39 PM #38 of 163
Hi. Here's our busty heroine from JSA, Power Girl.

I'm practicing drawing full figures. Hence the Ms. Marvel and this drawing. I'm trying to practice everything all at once. Shadows, foreshortening, hands, feet (!), hair, cape, etc. So if you feel you have something to say about how wrong, how this one is supposed to be, what should be done. Please do say it. I would really appreciate it.

Anyways, after this one, I will try to do sequential art using Jessykins' stories.

Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 11:16 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 09:16 AM #39 of 163
The pose looks awkward. I don't think having it contorted this way looks good. The "curve" is disrupted when you twist the upperbody and lowerbody in different direction like that, it also looks like they should be going at seperate direction. She is certainly top heavy, not just because of her chest, but it doesn't really feel like its foreshortening because the torso and other parts doesn't "stack".

FELIPE NO
♪♡
Thanks Seris!
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 11:20 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2006, 12:20 AM #40 of 163
Ok. I didn't actually get that, but I get the idea of the "going at different directions". Ok, thanks, I'll take note of that. Anything else? Don't be shy.

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 02:16 PM #41 of 163
alot of comics have weird poses becuase of the actions the character take so I don't mind poses that are way out there (just look at spider man)
But the left leg look sort of wierd. Other than that I'm glad ur showing a little more color ^_^

New Record!
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 03:14 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2006, 04:14 PM #42 of 163
Thanks. How weird dude? Like shadows? Too long? blah blah..

How ya doing, buddy?
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 10:11 AM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 11:11 PM #43 of 163
This is kind of my start of my style revamp. I feel more comfortable doing this style as compared to the pretty lady big boobs. I felt it was more "copied" rather than an expression of what I want to draw. blah blah blah blah. I like pie.

Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 10:38 AM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 08:38 AM #44 of 163
I like it. The body construction seem more realistic then a superhero proportion. Even though I feel the shoulder seem to be slump a bit too much. If this is a super hero, his arm would be larger, but that depends on whose convention you are following. You seem to do small lower body for some reason.

Quote:
blah blah blah blah. I like pie.
Do you know why you aren't getting the respect that you deserves?

How ya doing, buddy?
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 09:46 AM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 10:46 PM #45 of 163
I know. How 'bout this?

In this drawing, I have incorporated a different approach to my art. As you have observed, my previous artworks are mainly about busty women with 'super-hero' like proportions, the kind of art you can consder as 'pin-up' art or 'cover art'. Instead, I took a different turn on how to express my drawings. I have long been a fan of dark/creepy/serious-themed art, mainly because of how the shadows were done, and how the mood of the story/character oozes from it. And so I tried drawing with this style, influenced mainly by Jae Lee after reading his The Sentry run. And I felt more comfortable with this as compared to my previous style. If you have comments, things you think needs correction, techniques on how to do stuff, please do so. I would really appreciate it. Thank you. This would really help me improve myself, and my art.

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 11:28 AM #46 of 163
Originally Posted by vemp
I know. How 'bout this?

In this drawing, I have incorporated a different approach to my art. As you have observed, my previous artworks are mainly about busty women with 'super-hero' like proportions, the kind of art you can consder as 'pin-up' art or 'cover art'. Instead, I took a different turn on how to express my drawings. I have long been a fan of dark/creepy/serious-themed art, mainly because of how the shadows were done, and how the mood of the story/character oozes from it. And so I tried drawing with this style, influenced mainly by Jae Lee after reading his The Sentry run. And I felt more comfortable with this as compared to my previous style. If you have comments, things you think needs correction, techniques on how to do stuff, please do so. I would really appreciate it. Thank you. This would really help me improve myself, and my art.
Thats more like something that belonged in your first post since it talked about your style.
Your latest super hero is great though. I think your work would be awsome if you colored it as well.

New Record!
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 09:25 AM Local time: May 3, 2006, 10:25 PM #47 of 163
I mentioned in my journal about a friendy VS-battle competition among the members of a comics club I joined. This happened last sunday, and the mechanics was that the members were paired and each pair were given a theme to draw, and were given an hour to draw in any medium as long as they did not exceed the allotted time. Me and my "opponent" was assigned to "Self-doubt".

Here's mine:

and my opponent's piece:

http://xs100.xs.to/xs100/06183/preloaderselfdoubt.jpg

Oh, I cleaned up mine in PS . Anyway, that guy is more into digital coloring and animation style. He uses blue pencils for his construction lines, while I just use plain pencils, tighten them and proceed with "inking", I don't even think he inked his piece. Like I said, he's a digital artist. So I was thinking it was a bit mis-matched. And it was a good chance for me to try out my "new" style, heavy blacks and fine lines. I wanted to use finer lines but as of that moment, I only had .5 pens, I wanted to use .3 ones for the finer lines I wanted to add on the faces.

So there. Comments, suggestions, etc, I'll be waiting near the gate after P.E. class.

FELIPE NO
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 10:05 AM Local time: May 3, 2006, 08:05 AM #48 of 163
You guys seem to have a very different approach to this. Yours looks far more finished though, the other guys seem to still be at sketch stages. Is there a time limit? I am not sure if your piece really screams "self-doubt", he just doesn't really look like the type, I guess. Maybe you can make the second expression from the right just a little bit more pronounce?

It’s interesting to see that the other guy actually puts it in some sort of context. The self-doubting guy looks okay, but the girl's anatomy is shaky. Clothing are not conform to the shape of an actual body, it feels like as if he drawn the clothing first, the hip does look like it is not connected to the leg correctly.

Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 12:42 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 11:42 AM #49 of 163
Man, it's so refreshing to finally see someone do comic book art after seeing so much generic anime/manga stuff on the Internet. The hips do seem a little small, but overall I really like your style. Keep up the good work!

P.S. Your self-doubt piece totally pwns the other guy's.

P.P.S. <3 boobers.

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 03:20 PM Local time: May 5, 2006, 01:20 PM #50 of 163
VEMP!!! Why must you keep me waiting? You are cruel to torture me like this.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe > Comics art and boobers (by vemp)