Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

a passtime in picture format

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 05:59 PM #26 of 47
Refraction is my fav, it sort of looks surreal. Also you cought a good view of the clouds with the covered sun in that swing. Nice to see some different works from you.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

New Record!
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 08:03 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 07:03 PM #27 of 47
Originally Posted by ava lilly
methegelfing - I did post a photo of it... it's in the same post as the attachment for the original prom dress design. silly...
Ah, you're right. Silly Me. Although I was hoping for a photo of you wearing the dress.

Your photography looks sharp. How many soldier sculptures are in that field? That's wild!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 02:25 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 07:25 AM #28 of 47
Yeah, refraction is a lovely photograph. Good work missus, me likey. ^^

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
pyrus421
the sky remains the same as ever

Member 597

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 03:44 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 01:44 AM #29 of 47
The Muse wallpaper, I LOVE. An obsessed fan of Muse, I AM.

I was speaking idiomatically.
ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:31 PM #30 of 47
shenlon - yah I was happy with how the composition worked on the swing, that was pure dumb luck. it was sort of one those "hmm I wonder... yup" sort of things. props to nature for working well with me that day~

methegelfing - just for you. it's probably one of the only ones that anyone took of me that had the whole dress, despite not showing the ribbon part too well. it's apparently a lost concept to most that if you turn the camera sideways, you'll be able to fit the whole person in the viewfinder ;_;. I'm not sure how many exactly, but there had to be atleast 100. each one had a different facial expression too, it was really nifty.

omagnusprime - thankya

pyrus - awesome, I love muse. we should get along just fine~

I suppose I'll just add some sketches to the bin. most recent, as in pretty much the only recent work shown in this thread, is the starting bits of a FFX yuna fanart. yah I realize there's about a bajillion out there as it is, but I'm playing through that game again at the moment and decided I wanted to make a drawing of her in her wedding dress to see if I could do it any justice.

it had to be scanned in four parts and then stitched together since my sketchbook is hella bigger than my scanner. actual size is 11"x14" I believe. I didn't do too well on the stitching either.

and while I'm at it, I'll throw in some older sketches too. a crosshatch study of a masterwork you should recognize, a five minute drawing of a live model, and some random idea I had for a painting that hasn't gotten past the drawing stage yet.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crosshatch1.jpg (889.8 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg jackie sketch.jpg (227.1 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg rosewoman.JPG (173.7 KB, 52 views)
Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:54 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 10:54 AM #31 of 47
That girl in the last sketch looks so familiar. =o

How ya doing, buddy?
ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 01:18 PM #32 of 47
were you thinking of christina ricci?

because that's who I used as a reference. changed a few things, obviously, but that image was the inspiration. oh how I hate using photos of other people for refs, but sometimes that's all you can do. I don't have any moveable mirrors big enough or an attention span long enough to pose for myself either.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 02:09 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 12:09 PM #33 of 47
Hey, the face of the Yuna sketch looks really nice. Even though there are some proportion issues on the body, do you want a crtique on that?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
♪♡
Thanks Seris!

Last edited by Magi; Apr 12, 2006 at 02:15 PM.
ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 02:24 PM #34 of 47
sure, go for it.

I used myself as a reference for the body, since it'd be way too much of a hassle to even try looking for a reference of that pose, but I found that real human proportions didn't look right. I just trimmed the edges and whatnot til I thought it looked more normal for the style of drawing.

it's probably the waist line and hips that are throwing it off though. I'm not sure, but the fact that the quadrents I fitted together from the scans don't match up in that area are probably what's throwing it off the most. she is a little wider in the real drawing.

Azral
Tyrant Rave!

Member 869

Level 6.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 02:42 PM #35 of 47
sassy work you have here Ava ^_^

Most amazing jew boots
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 03:07 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 01:07 PM #36 of 47
Well, the arm looks short. Even though its length in relation to her body doesn’t look wrong, but her torso looks short, all in relation to her head. Although I think the chest and torso is broad enough, but it isn’t long enough, so I guess if you move the waistline down and make the arm longer, specifically her left arm, it would help I think. Since you obviously already put in a lot of effort in the head already, it looks good, you’ll only need to bring the body in line with the size of her head.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
♪♡
Thanks Seris!
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 03:46 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 08:46 PM #37 of 47
Darn you and your masterpieces you call "sketches". I love the rose woman one, do you draw these really big because if you don't the detail you draw with things such as facial features (the eyes specifically) is amazing. I can never get that human looking eye look, it just looks like a big blob unless I draw it huge.

As I said the Yuna drawing is marvelous, I think someone else said something about porportion (damn it all the hell ;_; ) and i'm no expert at it either but I think the hand should be a tad bigger. Other than that hurry up and get it finished it'll look marvelous with all the pyreflies or whatever they call them.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 04:01 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 05:01 PM #38 of 47
First of all, I fucking love the hatching piece. Why? Cause I don't know how to hatch. And what you did is amazing. I really like it.

Second, Yuna sketch. Big head.

Third, Christina Ricci. Ok, so it has flaws, like short right arm, I dunno about the torso, looks fine by me. The first thing I noticed is how you were able to draw her that it actually looks like her. I mean, I can't do that. I can't do a realistic drawing like that. I like how you were able to pull it off, complete with shadows and hair highlights and stuff. I like it. One more thing, her eyes are too flat. Like it was pasted directly on the paper.

But goddamnit, I love that hatching piece. Fuck.

Last edited by Vemp; Apr 13, 2006 at 04:12 AM.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 04:57 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 03:57 AM #39 of 47
How sweet of you! You look so pretty too, even with your tongue stuck out. Hope prom was fun.

Ok, down to business if you wanna crit from Me.

The Yuna one: They've got a point about the proportions. The face is really pretty and well done, but the body is too small for it. Look how wide it is in comparison to the waist as well as the height. Measure out how many heads tall she is. In the pic it looks like she's about 5 when she should be closer to 6 or 7. Beautiful line weight though and nice detail on the face.

Crosshatch: this one is great. the only thing i'd say is to go darker so you have a wider range of value. I used to do the same thing, (only using about 4 different values) but if you go ahead make your dark areas darker, you'll really get the image to pop more. Then again, it could just be the scan. Sometimes my scanner has a tendency to wash out my stuff now and then.

5min pose: this is awesome for a 5 min pose in that you actually started on the hands and did the face. so many people skip out on the hands and face (i know I do a lot of times) and it makes gestures look amateurish. But this one is awesome. The only thing I'd recommend is to start to get away from the sketchy furry lines and start laying down lines with more confidence. You've obviously got the talent, so take it to the next level by just committing to a line and nailing it first time. It's super frustrating at first, but eventually it starts coming together and you can lay out some awesome stuff very quickly. Keep the line weight varied complimentary to your light source.

The rose woman: the hair on this one is great. the value contrast is awesome there. you'll wanna vary the line weight on the arms to get them to pop a little more. The eyes on this one are kinda tricky. I keep looking at them and there's something creeping me out. I think what it is, is that the eye on the right side of the page is a little too high. The eyes look placed on the face as though it were a box instead of rounded. so to put the eyes in perspective, they should be placed on the curved plane of the face.... if that makes any kind of sense. If not, just be like, "Gelf you don't know what the hell you're talking about, and I think it looks cool."

Great work as always.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Meth; Apr 13, 2006 at 05:00 AM.
ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 05:26 PM 1 #40 of 47
yikes, been a while since I uploaded anything in this thread. thanks for the comments on the previous submissions.

I did a couple large drawings for the fun of it within the last couple weeks. the first one is a plain pencil drawing of Jessica Alba. yes I like that picture, that's why I drew it... again (for those who pay attention to my journal). scanned it in three parts and stitched it together in Corel Photo-Paint 7.

second is a pencil crayon drawing of Kate Winslet. I wanted to try a large scale drawing in colour, so when I came across that photo of her I decided it was the winner - lots of nice contrasts and all. this one was scanned in four parts and stitched together in the same manner.

also have a photo of the Kate Winslet drawing, since I find the scan a bit weird for some reason.

original sizes of both are 14x18 inches~

Most amazing jew boots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jessica alba.jpg (809.4 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg winslet - photo.jpg (920.9 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by ava lilly; May 10, 2007 at 05:31 PM.
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 01:24 AM Local time: May 10, 2007, 11:24 PM #41 of 47
Is it just me or I haven't seen your art for a while. :3 I love the way you use pencil though, in particular being able to define form through shade value rather then lines. Those attachment are huge. O.o

How ya doing, buddy?
ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 09:41 AM #42 of 47
haha well look at the last post in this thread, that was like well over a year ago. didn't realize it's been that long! I do post some random stuff in my journal here and there, but that's pretty sparce too.

I actually sized those down a lot too if you can believe it. both were scanned in at 300 dpi, so the original files are ginormous. I think the nose was basically the size of the entire screen in the originals.

anywho, thankya very much for the comment. =D

ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2007, 03:14 PM #43 of 47
wherein I post moar.

some abstract sculptures. they are now living in my garden.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg metalsculpture1 small.jpg (231.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg metalsculpture3 small.jpg (200.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg woodsculpture1 small.jpg (174.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg woodsculpture2 small.jpg (187.7 KB, 21 views)
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2007, 11:48 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2007, 09:48 PM #44 of 47
What's that carpeted groove you have that wood sculpture in for?

Most amazing jew boots
ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2007, 07:47 PM 1 #45 of 47
oh, that's just some random "seating" area in the Center for Fine Arts at my university. my dad thought it would be neat to put it there. made the composition a little more interesting I suppose, but not very ideal in terms of sculpture photography hehe.

in other news: I'm actually posting something new! sorry about the quality, I had to take a digital photo of it because the sketchbook is much too big for my scanner and I'm currently not in the mood to do a humpty dumpty type scan. maybe later. shading on the crotch area is really bad I know, I'll fix it.

feel free to comment.

Most amazing jew boots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg matriarch - small(er).jpg (754.9 KB, 39 views)
Nahual
k'iskallawankitaj mamaykipis riman

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2007, 08:16 PM #46 of 47
That's a pretty nifty picture you got there!
Treewoman?
Niiiice. =)

Quiero ayudar a todos que viven en el mundo...pero empiezo contigo.

healeygirl
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 23120

Level 2.12

Jul 2007

Old Jul 14, 2007, 09:56 AM #47 of 47
Wow, it's so awesome to see people using and pursuing their talents and their passions. So many people waste their lives working jobs they hate. Cheers to you and to your amazing talents! I love that you are chasing your dreams! It inspires me to continue chasing mine! Although I do think it too bad you don't want others to wear your clothing designs...I should love to wear them! =)

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe > a passtime in picture format