Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[HELP] .XM Files on a PSX game...

Sladen Dead
Wark!

Member 34331

Level 1.00

Aug 2009

Old Aug 26, 2009, 09:13 PM #1 of 1
[HELP] .XM Files on a PSX game...

Not sure this is the right board, but I hope it is.

Does anybody here know about XM files on the PSX games? I have a problem which I have been unable to solve for 5 years, with a certain game that is refusing to let me either hear, or edit its XM file. The sounds inside it work perfectly on the game when played on the PSX or PS2, but when I try to open one on the PC or extract the wav files inside (which make up the sounds) then I get silence. Upon examining an XM, it as if the file is empty. How can this be when it works so well on the game? The sounds have to be there.

I have XM players, extractors and pretty much everything like that. But the files seem dead. I don't understand why this is. I even tried using Fasttracker 2 to hear the music files but it plays nothing or says "wrong version". Some programs have said that the file is "empty" and has "0 objects" inside. That's impossible. Can somebody here help me please? I figured that people here may know what's going on with these .XM files. I am also unable to convert them to wav or mp3 due to this silent playback. Or rather, I convert them ok but they play in silence.

I really hope someone can help me.
The game I'm refering to is Nightmare Creatures II.

Thank you in advance,
--Sladen.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [HELP] .XM Files on a PSX game...